X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

Originally posted by grumpy
    honestly do you guys have freaking Plexi's and plexi clones to be worried about whatever brand of camo pants and hair gel EVH uses?
    I heard the camo pants he wears are real deal military pants worn by General Patton in his last battle.... Theres only 1 pair out there with that thread pattern and then they discontinued that fabric. Fender has the patent on the fabric and they are going to reissue the pants in eddie's size only soon. But, Seymour Duncan is going to manufacture the fabric in their plant to make it authentic...

Oh! and the "hair gel" he uses was actually a certain spieces of monkey saliva that has since gone extinct. The saliva was blessed by spainish monks and a fregrance was added by a certain flower which has also gone extinct...

Comment

Originally posted by micah View Post
      i heard the camo pants he wears are real deal military pants worn by general patton in his last battle.... Theres only 1 pair out there with that thread pattern and then they discontinued that fabric. Fender has the patent on the fabric and they are going to reissue the pants in eddie's size only soon. But, seymour duncan is going to manufacture the fabric in their plant to make it authentic...

Oh! And the "hair gel" he uses was actually a certain spieces of monkey saliva that has since gone extinct. The saliva was blessed by spainish monks and a fregrance was added by a certain flower which has also gone extinct...
      lmao!! :d

Comment

Re: Oh, the irony...

Originally posted by jhale667 View Post
        It does tend to help one articulate a point more effectively...and make you look like less of a hammerhead when telling people what they need to "learn". Or say, when attempting to make condescending statements about "not picking on slow people"...

Still wanna play, Slappy?
        sure,tell me how to wind a pickup with your grammar slappy?

Comment

Listen, troll...

Originally posted by sjm5150 View Post
          sure,tell me how to wind a pickup with your grammar slappy?
          Personally, I'd rather hear how from someone with more than 20 posts.
          Still determined to yourself, that's for sure.
          I could give you a detailed description of what you can do with said pickup...for now, put it next to the stick up your....

Look, you've already been called out for spamming the place, and basically being a pompous jackhole. Don't dig your hole any deeper. Stop trying to derail the thread. STFU and move along.

Comment

Re: Listen, troll...

Personally, I'd rather hear how from someone with more than 20 posts.
            Still determined to yourself, that's for sure.
            I could give you a detailed description of what you can do with said pickup...for now, put it next to the stick up your....

Look, you've already been called out for spamming the place, and basically being a pompous jackhole. Don't dig your hole any deeper. Stop trying to derail the thread. STFU and move along.
            thats what i thought,you dont know anything...now go read your english book..

Comment

thats what i thought,you dont know anything...now go read your english book..

You're obviously not paid to think.
              Betting you don't either, since all you can do in here is try to stir ****.

You've contributed WHAT exactly so far, besides the annoyance factor....?

How's life onboard the failboat, loser?

Again, back on topic. STFU, troll.

Comment

SJM5150 = Epic

10 of your 20 posts are straight-up trolls. Go away.

Comment

You're obviously not paid to think.
                  Betting you don't either, since all you can do in here is try to stir ****.

You've contributed WHAT exactly so far, besides the annoyance factor....?

How's life onboard the failboat, loser?

Again, back on topic. STFU, troll.
                  lol,your funny..

Comment

It's a gift.

lol,your funny..

And you'RE observant, albeit grammatically-challenged.

In other news...
                    The (non-relic, in my case) Frankenstein sounds like it's worth a try...

Comment

• Re: EVH Frankenstein Humbucker

I am in the process of changing out the pups on my Charvel San Dimas and have purchased (well pre-purchased) an EVH Frankenstein HB to go with a new Custom Shop '78 Model. I am fairly new to all of this and have a couple of questions, which I am sure that some of you in this thread will be able to answer for me... #1 Based upon what I have read, the "hotter" of the two, which is the EVH should be my bridge pickup, correct? #2 I know that the '78 has specific bridge/neck pups, but I have not seen a bridge/neck specific EVH pup. Are they all the same? #3 I have also not seen or heard about having 4 wires on the EVH, and even though I specified that I wanted a four wire one, it did not seem to matter to the sales dude on the phone who took my order. Are they all going to have 4 wires? Last two are opinion questions, please give me your feedback...#4 I am not trying to be EVH by any means, but I do love the crunchy, snarling, crisp, tone and sound that he produced on the early VH albums. I have heard nothing but good things about the '78, but I kind of worry about the EVH because it is brand new. Does this sound like a good combo for me to go for or should I back off and go with a matched set of '78s and let it be? I just figured that putting the EVH in there instead would give me a little more variation to play around with, but maybe i am making a mistake, please let me know. and finally #5 I was going to have my guitar tech dude go ahead and put in a really good push/pull 500k pot in place of the factory volume pot so that I can switch them between series/parallel configurations. Is that the best use of the push/pull given these two pups or should I use it for something else? I don't want to change anything to the body of the guitar, and there is only the one volume knob and a 3-way switch now (neck/both/bridge). I am not fully committed yet, since the EVH is still on its way to me, so I can still change directions if I get some better suggestions. If you think this might turn out well, let me know that too, so I can sleep a little easier

Comment

Actually, a 78 and an EVH shoot-out would be interesting to do in the bridge position in the same guitar, even though they have radically different output curves...would be interesting to see not only which would nail the most EVH tones, but which would be the most versatile over all, EVH tones not withstanding...
                        Having said that, I think each would be useful in its own right...depending on the application...

Comment

I heard one in an EVH art guitar this afternoon. I completely fail to see what the big deal is.

I do a pretty good VH impression and got closer to EVH tones on my Suhr DSH loaded Tom Anderson Classic than anyone playing the relic pickup loaded EVH guitar could.
                          Gravity...its just a theory

Comment

Originally posted by TheArchitect View Post
                            Basically yes. Over time magnets will lose their charge or exposure to certain things will diminish the magnets strength. Seymour does this to replicate the aging process to alter the pickups tone.
                            LINDY FRALIN Myth #3
                            PAFs sound better because the magnets have weakened - Guitar magazines articles in the past have reported that the ageing of the magnets over 40 years has changed them and produced a better sounding PAF. However, magnet manufacturers report that these Alnico magnets only lose 0.2 - 2.0 % of their strength over 100 years. It's not weakened magnets. Beck, Clapton, Page, Gibbons and the other PAF guitar players made a bunch of great music with these instruments in the late 1960s when the pickups were only 10 years old. If the ageing story made sense, 1970s Gibson humbucker pickups should sound wonderful with 20+ years of ageing, but they still exhibit less warmth with more high-end than PAFs.

Comment

The aging of the coil wire may play a significant part also,

Comment

Funny guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X