This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well...part next...darnright LV

I want to say something uplifting and postive, but I have to get past the woman thing first .......

You know, maybe she believed she didn't deserve your love, and maybe she was right.

Since I am older than you I will use that as an excuse to offer some unsolicited advice.

Take a few years off. Your life will not slip away while you are womanless. You already had a fiance before your divorce was final? You needed more time to heal.

A divorce, or even something like what you're experiencing right now (not much different I am sure) creates sort of an open wound emotionally. It is a wound that heals slowly and only by exposure to the elements. The next girl that comes along is like a band-aid that makes the wound feel better. You know, it doesn't hurt as much when you bump into stuff. It feels so good it must be love. The reality is that it (the band- aid) ...... that is, she (the new object of your affections) interferes with your healing by shielding you from the exposure and a little pain that might go with it that leads to true healing.

You can't bring happiness and wellness to a meaningful relationship until you are first able to experience and be those things alone. What I am suggesting is that it is OK to be alone. You might enjoy it for a while.

I will spare everyone the details of my last divorce and the events leading up to it, but I was really hurt. Now, nine years later, I couldn't be happier. I have no unforgiveness .... I still love women .... I play guitar when I want, eat when I want, sleep when I want, fold up a friggin' towel any way I please ...

Trust me ... it's not bad. Will I get married again? Yes, I will, but I don't need to get married. I don't have that need forcing me to latch on to someone that I don't know or would be better off not knowing.

I can discern from your posts that you're a good guy, Dave. Just kick back. The challenge at out age is that the single women want desperately to be in a committed relationship. Play 'em off ... just have some friends.

There are all these stages: Girls Who Are Friends, Friendgirls, Girlfriends, Fiances, Wives, and Ex-wifes. Hang with the first two steps for a while and never, under any circumstances, skip a step. Well .... if you play it right, you can skip the last step. I will next time.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 01-14-2009, 10:09 PM.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

As with JohnJohn...weve been pretty tight with staying in touch and what not. So my question for you...what would it take to get you to jersey for a day or two to record some stuff and channel your emotions into probably some of the best blues you have ever played?

The offer is there, now or a year from now. You know the deal, its always open. With a bit of luck we can get Moose in on it too.
      Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

never marry an ex-wife. It's like breaking into prison.
        lol
        👣
        👣
        💀

Comment

have you ever ventured into origami?
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
          ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by super rad ska View Post
            or do you not hang out with swingers?
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Re: The Well...part next...darnright

Originally posted by Will S-T View Post
              Stevie, Jimi and Carlos.....which of their periods do you like best?
              Earlyfor all of them except Jimi..he was amazing throughout. I think Stevie was still the same amazing player,but producers and record exec's messed with the music too much. (kind of like when George thorogood added a sax player) I know Carlos still plays all the same stuff the same way...but Dang,he does it well!!!

-dave
              I don't believe anything I say and only half of what you hear....

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                Do you think that's it's better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all?

And if the answer is yes, then it's all good!

(Sorry to hear about your new hastles man)
                It is all good and yes it is better. But still bites like a banshee!!!

-dave

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Dang, Dave!!! I had to read that twice! I thought it cannot be. Sorry to hear that bro. Man that is a real shocker.

What you need right now is something to take your mind off all your troubles.

Thanks I appreciate all the concern. It's my own stupid fault. I avoided all the friends that wanted to set me up after my divorce thing started. I knew it was too soon, then Dianna came long, we had basically known each other our entire lives...She was "safe"...you know, an old friend. So I dove in head first and came up "in Love". It hurts, but it really was worth it. I'd do it again!!

I would absolutely love to own that beautiful piece of musical art!! I absolutely love that!!

thanks, dave
                  Last edited by darnright; 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                    You are SO right.....

-ave

Comment

Originally posted by subanots View Post
                      do you still have that soundhole pickup?
                      Sorry, I do not....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                        Dave,

I'm relatively certain you're not headed this way, but just in case I'll share what my dear old dad said. He was speaking from experience, by the way.

Never marry an ex-wife. It's like breaking into prison.
                        I don't see that anywhere on the horizon. That is probably good advice however. She and I (my 1st ex) have two kids together, we were married for 22 years and dated for 3 before that. So our kids keep us close and we have become good friends again. I appreciate the advice though!!

-dave
                        Last edited by darnright; 01-15-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                          I want to say something uplifting and postive, but I have to get past the woman thing first .......

You know, maybe she believed she didn't deserve your love, and maybe she was right.

Since I am older than you I will use that as an excuse to offer some unsolicited advice.

Take a few years off. Your life will not slip away while you are womanless. You already had a fiance before your divorce was final? You needed more time to heal.

A divorce, or even something like what you're experiencing right now (not much different I am sure) creates sort of an open wound emotionally. It is a wound that heals slowly and only by exposure to the elements. The next girl that comes along is like a band-aid that makes the wound feel better. You know, it doesn't hurt as much when you bump into stuff. It feels so good it must be love. The reality is that it (the band- aid) ...... that is, she (the new object of your affections) interferes with your healing by shielding you from the exposure and a little pain that might go with it that leads to true healing.

You can't bring happiness and wellness to a meaningful relationship until you are first able to experience and be those things alone. What I am suggesting is that it is OK to be alone. You might enjoy it for a while.

I will spare everyone the details of my last divorce and the events leading up to it, but I was really hurt. Now, nine years later, I couldn't be happier. I have no unforgiveness .... I still love women .... I play guitar when I want, eat when I want, sleep when I want, fold up a friggin' towel any way I please ...

Trust me ... it's not bad. Will I get married again? Yes, I will, but I don't need to get married. I don't have that need forcing me to latch on to someone that I don't know or would be better off not knowing.

I can discern from your posts that you're a good guy, Dave. Just kick back. The challenge at out age is that the single women want desperately to be in a committed relationship. Play 'em off ... just have some friends.

There are all these stages: Girls Who Are Friends, Friendgirls, Girlfriends, Fiances, Wives, and Ex-wifes. Hang with the first two steps for a while and never, under any circumstances, skip a step. Well .... if you play it right, you can skip the last step. I will next time.
                          WOW!!......I have to step back on that one. Absolutely great advice.. JohnJohn and I were actually discussing that topic earlier. In a slightly different light, but the same idea. You've obviously done a lot of thinking on this and probably went through a few rough patches yourself. I sincerely thank you for this. I love the band-aid analagy..
                          thankyou!!

-dave

Comment

Originally posted by scottish View Post
                            As with JohnJohn...weve been pretty tight with staying in touch and what not. So my question for you...what would it take to get you to jersey for a day or two to record some stuff and channel your emotions into probably some of the best blues you have ever played?

The offer is there, now or a year from now. You know the deal, its always open. With a bit of luck we can get Moose in on it too.
                            Wow, Grant, that is a great offer. I need to get a home set up first. I have a duplex rented and need to get moved in, furnished, then stay long enough to have a home....then a trip would sound really really good!!!!
                            I have a feeling my playing will fall terribly short of the magic you and Moose share!!

_dave

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
                              lol
                              Very good quote..isn't it????

Comment

Originally posted by super rad ska View Post
                                I love to see people do that..I never have.

-dave

Comment

Working...
                                X