Custom 8 paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 8 paradise!

I Just got my order of parts from Wymore today. Thanks for the quick turn around Bro!!

Anyhow, got me 4 alnico 8 mags.. So Im gonna Custom 8 my Explorer (from custom) , custom 8 my Washburn MG104 and others. Maybe even my Baretta! I have a C8 in my Focus 6000 and one of my Washburn Salas' already and I love them!!

Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Custom 8 paradise!

man i would love to hear how that sounds

Comment

The C8 is the best really high output pickup I've played. Tonally, it's like a hotter, fuller, tighter, and more aggressive JB. It's like a headbanger's wet dream.
      Zhang-aging: how to degauss and re-gauss pickups with a disc magnet

Comment

yeah, leads just SING!!!!!!!!!! Hanumanlangur, looks like Ill be changing lots of sheets... hahahaha

EEF13,
        The Custom 8 is amazing. Powerful but musical and controllable. Leads sing, rythyms are chunky.. Ascension has posted clips of the Custom 8 I believe..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I may pop one in the zebe 59 I have and try it in the Baretta.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I need to start magnet swapping!!!
            proud member of caparisonforum.com

Comment

Oh YEAH!!!! Just got done test driving the Washburn MG104 with its new custom 8.. AWESOME!!! Guitar comes stock with a Custom Custom. I tried to like it, but was just lacking to me.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I really like the Custom 8 as well. Now, I took my magnet from an Alternative 8, and its a bit larger than the ceramic magnet I had in my custom. I'll have to buy some regular sized alnico 8 mags and put it in the C8.

Its very powerful, but has that mid tone that just sings to me. Adds a lot of feel and character to the tone.

I liked the Alt 8 too, but it was a bit too overwound for my taste. Still that pickup made a bolt on maple neck guitar sound like a ballsy les paul!!

In the custom wind, the Alnico 8 really sings!

Dre

Comment

Ok, made me a 598 ( clever huh) and put it in my Baretta. I did a test run, but didnt have time to tweak pup height and all. But initial impression is wicked! Its kinda like a Custom8 Lite. same tone curve but with more vintage sag..
                  I normally cant stand vintage pups in the bridge. 59, paf even paf pro and alnicoIIpro. The highs are too "chimey" for me. To me, that sounds brittle or something.
                  Anyhow, the 598 has nice full and smooth highs

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Hey bro.
                    Now you've touched a sensitive issue for me.

I'd LOVE to try one but over here bar magnets aren't the easiest thing to come by and ordering from the States isn't exactly cost effective...

How do you think the 589 () in the neck would pair up with the Custom 8 in the bridge?
                    I've been dying to try it in my MG-122 (has the JB which truth be told suits it heavenly except I'd want it to be a tad hotter as the OD is on the anemic side for my tastes) while I also dislike the 59 at the neck so I've been thinking the two birds with one stone etc...
                    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

I've got a Custom 8 in my SG and a PATB1-8 in my Strat. I haven't wanted for new bridge pickups since I "made" those two.

Comment

I'm a huge custom fan and now you guys are making me want to make one to put in my Gibby custom... darn it...

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon View Post
                          I'm a huge custom fan and now you guys are making me want to make one to put in my Gibby custom... darn it...
                          DO IT!! It has a similar EQ spread to the Custom, but adds warmth and sweetness. My Explorer is getting changed from a Custom to a C8 this week..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                            I've got a Custom 8 in my SG and a PATB1-8 in my Strat. I haven't wanted for new bridge pickups since I "made" those two.
                            Yeah, I have almost completely decided that alnico 8 is mojo metal.. I LOVE the custom 8 pups and looks like the 598 will be the shizz nizz too. I also REALLY like the ALT 8 and am very glad Duncan released it.
                            AND... I noticed that Ibanez has a alnico 8 pickup in thier new line up too.
                            Looks like the word is getting out..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                              Hey bro.
                              Now you've touched a sensitive issue for me.

I'd LOVE to try one but over here bar magnets aren't the easiest thing to come by and ordering from the States isn't exactly cost effective...

How do you think the 589 () in the neck would pair up with the Custom 8 in the bridge?
                              I've been dying to try it in my MG-122 (has the JB which truth be told suits it heavenly except I'd want it to be a tad hotter as the OD is on the anemic side for my tastes) while I also dislike the 59 at the neck so I've been thinking the two birds with one stone etc...
                              When I got the funny little feeling that the 598 was like a mild C8, I started thinking the SAME thing.. (Imagine that... hahaha)
                              Ill keep you posted once I get it dialed in and I may end up trying this.
                              My only concern right now is whether or not it will be too strong.
                              Keep you posted

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X