No announcement yet.

Just played a road worn strat! LMAO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just played a road worn strat! LMAO!

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    I get bummed when I see a nick or little scratch on my guitars.

Fender's ideas are getting way out there in left field. Gibson has monkey's for CEO's.
    Yes! on all counts. I polish mine after every time I play them. Belt rash is unthinkable. And who's running Fender & Gibson? I think both are losing touch with customers, and are more interested in stockholders instead of musicians. After the 1950's to mid 1960's, neither company has made a lot of good decisions.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Dudes, how are you not getting this?

IT IS A WAY TO BUY "CRED"

PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU HAVE BEEN PLAYING A LONG TIME OR GIGGING A LONG TIME
      Last edited by ImmortalSix; 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM.
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

IMO if you tie a brand new axe behind a car and make two laps around the block you're getting a more authentic relicing job...

Road Worn series = Ridiculous. Nice business step, anyway.
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post

I get it.. Sad thing is.. It would have the opposite effect for me. Id get on stage and they would see the "miles" on the guitar and say " for someone whos played that long and practiced so much,,,, he sure sux!"

At least with my shiny axe I can say I just started. haha
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Or you could just have very good playing skills.
            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

We drove to montreal from Toronto this past weekend, and I left my EJ strat in the trailer for over 10 hours. The temperature was below -15 C. When I took the guitar out of the case the next day - i found the entire finish has checked - on the front and on the back. There are lines that can be visible only at a certain angle, but basically they span the entire length of the body, so I naturally "reliced" the guitar. It's Nitro so its bound to happen sooner or later, so i wasn't surprised. The guitar still sounded good, but i won't be leaving it in the unheated trailer anymore.
              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

we can thank Keith Richards for the Relics...

Comment

I blame John Mayer. He is the guy who plays a black relic Strat at every gig, and is in such high press demand that there are videos of the guy pumping gas.

He is the mainstream dude who is bringing guitar back to front and center, and he accidentally brought relics front and center too.

Comment

I've never seen JM play a reliced Strat... he does have a 60's Strat with a rosewood board that has REAL wear on it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frantic_Rock View Post
                      We drove to montreal from Toronto this past weekend, and I left my EJ strat in the trailer for over 10 hours. The temperature was below -15 C. When I took the guitar out of the case the next day - i found the entire finish has checked - on the front and on the back. There are lines that can be visible only at a certain angle, but basically they span the entire length of the body, so I naturally "reliced" the guitar. It's Nitro so its bound to happen sooner or later, so i wasn't surprised. The guitar still sounded good, but i won't be leaving it in the unheated trailer anymore.

man that sucks... but ya that is a real relic i guess! dam.... in a way that proves poly is a better lasting finnish... i don't think the same cracking would of happened to a poly finnish as easy...

my Custom Shop Closet Classic is cracked of course from the factory and some natural ones as well from some abuse... but you have me wondering if this CS strat i have will get more cracks from cold and hot temp changes, what the hell will it look like in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                        I've never seen JM play a reliced Strat... he does have a 60's Strat with a rosewood board that has REAL wear on it, though.
                        False. It's a John Cruz Masterbuilt relic that was built in 2004.
                        Last edited by ImmortalSix; 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

False. It's a John Cruz Masterbuilt relic that was built in 2004.
                          OMG serious? I coulda sworn that was a real vintage peice. I guess I just assumed that because you KNOW he can afford the real deal. Where'd you get that info?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                            OMG serious? I coulda sworn that was a real vintage peice. I guess I just assumed that because you KNOW he can afford the real deal. Where'd you get that info?
                            Yeah, I was a little surprised when I found out it was 3 or 4 years old myself

I don't really know how I know it's a John Cruz Masterbuilt, to tell you the truth. I am quite the John Mayer fan, and through my admittedly nerdy research, I just figured out it was a John Cruz heavy relic.

Anyways, it's common knowledge in the Mayer fan community.

Here is a link to get you started:

Link

Comment

I've got a beat up Ford for sale rusting away on my driveway.

Maybe I'll add an extra $2,000 to the asking price since its "Road Worn".
                              If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                              DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
                                I've got a beat up Ford for sale rusting away on my driveway.
                                Maybe I'll add an extra $2,000 to the asking price since its "Road Worn".
                                To do this the Fender way, to get your selling price you have to add $2,000 to the cost of a new Ford. "Road worn" cars! The real deal.

This way the buyer would be able to give the impression that he was a highly experienced 'master of the highways' judging by the wear on the car. Of course this would be difficult to tell apart from the average teenager who normally drives around in an old piece of crap car.
                                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
                                X