banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESP Japan made Kramer Focus 3000 with Seymour Duncan pickups and Trem Stopper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Japan made Kramer Focus 3000 with Seymour Duncan pickups and Trem Stopper.

Kramer Focus 3000.

These were made in the 1980ties in Japan by ESP. Original Floyd Rose in excellent condition. This is a good one, very tight neck fit, no angled neck that makes one of the E strings fall off.

Original hardshell case and tremolo arm included. Some buckle rash. One ding and a little hole on top (see photos). Neck in great shape, no dings or scratches on back of the neck. No fret wear.

I installed that little hex screw variable tremolo blocker so that it rests against the blocker and doesn't go out of tune when a string breaks. Complete setup do (a multi-hour value with the Floyd).

Pickups:
    • Seymour Duncan TB-10
    • Quarter-Pounder
    • Alnico Pro II Strat in the neck
    • Controls are master vol, tone neck, tone middle

It sounds fatter and punchier this way, the L500XL was a little over the top and the A2 in the neck mixes better with the Floyd.

$380 shipped/paypaled with pictured case and three Seymour Duncans installed. Original pickups also included. They aren't bad at all, usable ceramic shredder thingies. With the new pickups and the tremolo blocker that should be a good deal. Case as pictured included.

Click for 1280x960

Click for 1280x960

Note ding and small hole in the following pictures:

Click for 1280x960

Click for 1280x960

Original Floyd Rose in great shape.

Real Trembucker, not some Gibson-spaced humbucker.

Also, the neck's fit into the neck pocket ensures that the strings go exactly over the polepieces. No angled neck that makes one of the E strings fall off.

Click for 1280x960

Straight neck:

Click for 1280x960

Click for 1280x960

Back of body has a good amount of scratches and rash. The trem stopper is in the picture.

Click for 1280x960

Flawless back of the neck:

Click for 1280x960

No cracks around nut screws, no damage on headstock, nothing.

Click for 1280x960

Picture with case. Note old pickup config, not current:

Click for 1280x960

trades:
    - mine + cash for 2008 Stratocaster
    - WCR and Seymour Duncan Custom Shop pickups
    - I'm always interested in "Golden Age" Japanese guitars, Les Paul
    Customs and SGs in particular
    - nut files
    - Duncan SSL-5
    - Duncan P-rails bridge version
    - Duncan Brobucker
    - Duncan Antiquity surfers
    - Duncan Antiquity I or 55 Tele neck pickup
    - push-pull pots, switches
    - Lawrence L-200 or L-280

Re: ESP Japan made Kramer Focus 3000 with Seymour Duncan pickups and Trem Stopper.

Jeez, man. That's a great deal! I have a Focus 3000 that I'd never consider parting with.

Good luck!

- Keith
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Re: ESP Japan made Kramer Focus 3000 with Seymour Duncan pickups and Trem Stopper.

Thanks. Yeah, I just don't like the Floyd. If someone wants to trade for a comparable vintage trem guitar let me know.

At this price with the OFR, the pickups, the stopper and the case is like a free made in Japan guitar Except I pay for shipping...

Comment

You mentioned a L500XL in the post, do you have it and is it for sale or trade? I have a bunch of files or I could off er you a Gibson 500T w/ full lead in minty condition out of one of my V's

Nice solid guitar man, I remember them well and a very good price also
        Last edited by Northwinds; 01-29-2009, 04:14 PM.
        Ladies, as long as I have a face, you will have a place to sit

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard
        2010 Gibson Explorer '76 RI

Comment

Long live the "beak"! Just love the older Kramer "beak" headstocks. Good luck on the sale, and you should probably keep it at that price. Tis a steal especially with the L500XL pickup.

Comment

Folks, I decided to keep the L500XL and to be honest that thing is a little too shrill with the Floyd. This guitar now carries a TB-10 Full Shred Trembucker which gives it more bottom.

Anyway, just so that you know, I think the exact L500XL that I have is only $45 directly from Bill Lawrence (Bill & Becky, not USA), brand new, compared to $80 for the Full Shred (I think the trembucker is even more expensive).

If this is a dealbreaker I can put the L500XL back in I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
              Folks, I decided to keep the L500XL and to be honest that thing is a little too shrill with the Floyd. This guitar now carries a TB-10 Full Shred Trembucker which gives it more bottom.

Anyway, just so that you know, I think the exact L500XL that I have is only $45 directly from Bill Lawrence (Bill & Becky, not USA), brand new, compared to $80 for the Full Shred (I think the trembucker is even more expensive).

If this is a dealbreaker I can put the L500XL back in I suppose.
              Actually, that appears to be an original L500XL with the chrome outer and worth more then a new reissue. My 10 year old Jake has a ML DBT and that pickup belongs in it. That was a pickup Dimebag used and Jake loves all things Pantera and we have been looking for a nice one

Not a problem Brother, that's a great metal pickup, enjoy it!
              Ladies, as long as I have a face, you will have a place to sit

2001 Gibson Les Paul Standard
              2010 Gibson Explorer '76 RI

Comment

No, it's new. I bought it April 2008 at B&B. I remember the chrome is just an option and you pay 5 bucks or something. Don't be confused by their information resistant website, just mail them (and remind them to send me that Les Paul bridge ring).

What you say might be true for Bill Lawrence USA?

Comment

I know this is a long shot...but I really like your Kramer! I have a Hagstrom Viking Deluxe in Natural Flame Maple that is one sweet guitar that I might be willing to trade for the Kramer...and if you would like a vintage trem on it, it has a trapeze bridge which is very easily switched with a bigsby....let me know what ya think! ;]
                  Dude...you suck at guitar...lol

Comment

I used to have one of these and I have to say not only is this a great guitar but it's a great price for what you get!
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Good price with shipping, someone should snag this. I have a Focus 1000 and it rips. Keep in mind I bought an 80's Floyd in great shape with the nut, pads, screws, springs, claw....everything for $160 shipped so the price for this guitar is great with shipping.

The 80's Floyds I consider a lot better then the current German ones and especially considering a lot of manufacturers are putting the Asian made OFR on their guitars nowadays like the $1000 Charvels and yes even the $3000 Wolfgangs. Easiest way to spot them is at the back of the saddles theres no 90deg edge to them like on a German made OFR, its beveled. Sad but true. Good luck in selling!

Comment

beautiful guitar - PM sent.
                        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

A white one of those sold on Ebay UK recently, absolutely fab. If I hadn't spent my NYE gig money on other stuff, I would've snapped this little beauty up!!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

My Local Luither has one of those for sale.. I wanna pick it up but hard on cash... I told him that.. It is a ferrari red Focus
                            sigpic
                            Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                            JFG Flying V,
                            "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                            John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Bump.

I'll be out of town for a few days in a few days, but I can still ship before.

With the new pickups and the OFR this is a real rock machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X