Nice SSL-1 Comment from John Frusciante

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice SSL-1 Comment from John Frusciante

Whenever I hear the "has no soul" argument, it always comes across to me as, "I just personally don't enjoy his playing but I want to sound like an authority on the issue to shame people into reforming their own opinion into something closer to mine."

Or something along those lines.

Also the whole "X popstar had sold millions too, that doesn't mean they're good." Is kind of empty when you consider that RHCP don't play songs like X popstar and don't look like X popstar. In fact they are completely different artists in completely different genres and should be as such, judged differently. I mean geez. I love every guitarist mentioned here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cokekolev View Post
      Petrucci uses Dimarzios, which are inferior to Duncans ;-)
      And your hero Dave is very much associated with the Dimarzio Super Distortion. His Fender Artist series even comes with them. I know hes been seen with hotrails recently but the work that made him famous was done with PAF's and Dimarzios. Thats really a weird comment to make as a slight to someone when the person you are championing has used them also.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by regan View Post
        As in 'Cokekolev rather unskillfully defended his anti Frusciante stance
        FTFY and being his mother tounge isnt english Ill give him a pass on the grammar pecadillo

But in the end of it all its really silly. Cokelov entered this thread only to slag someone. Isnt that the very definition of trolling? Then when Archer gives him a taste of his own medicine he throws a fit and ludicrously tries to defend his position by using the same arguments that he used to decry Frusciante.

In summation I must conclude... Weaksauce... serious weaksauce.

If you are gonna troll and and sling feces you gotta be able to roll with the punches otherwise dont throw your hat in the ring.
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          In summation I must conclude... Weaksauce... serious weaksauce.

If you are gonna troll and and sling feces you gotta be able to roll with the punches otherwise dont throw your hat in the ring.
          Agreed
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by cokekolev View Post
            He has a better technique, yes, but that doesn't mean he's a better guitarist.
            Of course it doesn't.

... Too bad Dave is inferior as a songwriter too...
            Originally posted by Myaccount876
            Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

They're good pickups.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I like the SSL-1s, but TBH, I prefer something a bit hotter.
                Originally posted by Myaccount876
                Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73
                  My reaction when I wake up on a Sunday morning to find this.

Originally posted by SnakeAces
                  I can see the future suddenly. I sense a hammer with the word "ban" written on it coming down hard.
                  Yep.

Originally posted by cokekolev
                  Yep, you have been reported you troll!
                  No, that's you.

I had to nuke half this thread, guys. DO NOT QUOTE OR RESPOND TO TROLLS. It makes my job harder.
                  Nope...

Comment

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I'm out guys - the intarweb simply CAN NOT BEAT THIS today.

Excellent work Gilly. 10/10.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

Now, I do tend to like a nice, low output Strat single. Interestingly, I had an SSL-1 in the neck position of an MIM Standard Tele that I put a '52RI bridge on. It sounded fantastic there.
                        Nope...

Comment

Thats some damn fine shooting there Sherrif Gilmour

Comment

It's SHERIFF, not Sherrif, you plebe.

Comment

I'm so glad I happened to see this guy come unhinged for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It certainly made coming into work on Labor Day weekend a little less craptastic.

Comment

Aww, I missed all the fun stuff. Curse you, GilmourD!!!

Even though I'm not a Strat guy, anytime I need a Strat pickup, I grab an SSL-1. No need to even think about it. I just put an SM-3 in the neck position of my main Tele, but I kept the SSL-1 and Strat-cutout pickguard for my next Tele (or whenever I happen to randomly change my mind back.)

Quick, close the thread while it's back on topic.
                                Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                                Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
                                X