X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: lets see those super strats!!

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
    That's a stunning paint job!
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

My lovely Jackson DK2M - Alder body, all maple neck

"We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

here is a new pic of my baretta (with my LP)
        2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
        Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
        Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          Awesome!! Im so glad they brought back the pointy stock and that body style!! If only they werent making them backwards... LOL
          Haha, good one Rose! I get that all the time.

FWIW, the STs are really balanced guitars. It's such a pleasure to play; great balance and feel. Mine is all maple so it's a little heavy on the shoulder but at least I have a beefy and comfortable strap to help out.

I have the M22SD/M22V pup combo on it (can't praise them enough) and the active electronics module; this guitar will stay stock forever. Throw in the coil splitters and (almost never used) phase switch and I have tones to spare. I play with the control knob at full treble and the pups sound great!

Get you one Rose, I know you are a Carvin fan as well.
          Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
          Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
          Originally posted by Funkfingers
          Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
          You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            Does this count?

Bengle tiger? peice? Tremelo? Would not hahahah... Looks cool and 80s but wow... marketing fail.
            Last edited by Pierre; 03-18-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Schecter Hollywood Classic with a Custom Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by arellanon View Post
                Haha, good one Rose! I get that all the time.

FWIW, the STs are really balanced guitars. It's such a pleasure to play; great balance and feel. Mine is all maple so it's a little heavy on the shoulder but at least I have a beefy and comfortable strap to help out.

I have the M22SD/M22V pup combo on it (can't praise them enough) and the active electronics module; this guitar will stay stock forever. Throw in the coil splitters and (almost never used) phase switch and I have tones to spare. I play with the control knob at full treble and the pups sound great!

Get you one Rose, I know you are a Carvin fan as well.
                I almost didnt even say it as Im sure you've heard it before... but couldnt help myself..

the all maple bright?
                Yeah, you are right. Im one of those.... those ... Carvin lovers! ( the crowd GASPs!!) I dont currently have one tho. I love the black one Kherman has too! the last one I had, I shoulda kept.. Was an old DC125. . Got it pretty cheap. Has a single M22SD in it and that thing screamed. I sold it to fund something else and the dude I sold it to rolled in on ebay for about $100 more.. @$!#$!%! Oh well.. I figure one day Ill have one built all decked out. Just dont know what model as I want so many dif ones..
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post

Schecter Hollywood Classic with a Custom Custom in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

Lovin' the flame on that thing
                  2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
                  Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
                  Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    I almost didnt even say it as Im sure you've heard it before... but couldnt help myself..

the all maple bright?
                    Yeah, you are right. Im one of those.... those ... Carvin lovers! ( the crowd GASPs!!) I dont currently have one tho. I love the black one Kherman has too! the last one I had, I shoulda kept.. Was an old DC125. . Got it pretty cheap. Has a single M22SD in it and that thing screamed. I sold it to fund something else and the dude I sold it to rolled in on ebay for about $100 more.. @$!#$!%! Oh well.. I figure one day Ill have one built all decked out. Just dont know what model as I want so many dif ones..
                    The maple is bright, but I like bright tones. All of my guitars except for my ESP (mahogany) are either maple or alder so I have grown to like those two woods.

The ST Kent has is just killer. His has mahogany wings and neck I believe along with the quilted maple top.
                    Play it like you mean it!

Originally posted by Ayrton
                    Can we please stop with the whole "bigger strings are manly, sound "better", help you get chicks", etc.
                    Anything over twenty five or thirty years old is now deemed "vintage" - even if was a steaming pile of manure to begin with.
                    You played a chord (minimum note count = three) all on one string. Da boy's a genius.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post

Whenever you decide to sell this one.... I want it!
                      2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
                      2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
                      2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
                        mine: '85 kramer baretta RI
                        Could you send me a drawing of the baretta with the sizes or a cad picture?
                        I'm building a reissue but I didn't find anything in the net....

Comment

• Necro Thread Revival!!!

MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                          1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                          1988 Kramer Nightswan
                          1989 Charvel Sambora
                          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                          Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                          Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

• OK, I'll necro. :-)

Comment

• I can't find the box with the correct era photos of my "roll your own" which I have since reverted to the original SSS pups. The Sound Room Put a Face with a Name topic has a before any mods pic. For the first change, imagine this with the original white pickguard and a Black JB in the bridge as HSS. Second change was a Zebra pickguard with a single Zebra Distortion in the bridge, a switch to split it, one black volume knob and one white tone knob.

Click image for larger version

Name:	62vintageStratR.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	6039449

This was Custom/stock/Jazz from around '83 until '98 when it became a test bed.

Name:	fen_bul.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	6039450

This is one of those rare positives in 2020.

Name:	ibHmStrat.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6039451
                              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

• Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                                Necro Thread Revival!!!

Really like this for the "upside down" neck, one of the key purchasing points for my latest was the (when I finally get around to it) post-lefty "upside down reverse headstock"...

Name:	right left.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	6039502

Comment

Working...
                                X