tip: 59n might need a wrap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip: 59n might need a wrap...

I had read recently on this forum that you can put a piece plastic on the sides of the Alnico 5 magnet in a 59n to lower it's output.

I tried to, but found the process rather difficult.

Instead, I took some packaging tape, measured out the lenth to be the same as the length of the magnet, cut it, and wrapped up my A5 in it. Then I put it back in my 59.

The bass, which had been bothering me because it is so full (a little TOO full IMO). Was TAMED. Output came down just a little, and now it's right where I'd want it to be...between A3 and A5, but not like an A4.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Holy crap! Does that really work?
    I agree on the bass thing but only because I use it together with a JB. Lol, I did the opposite of what you did and put in a Ceramic magnet to increase the output a little and tighten the bass.

I have a question for you if you don't mind, how would you compare the Screaming Deamon and the '59n with each other? Have you tried the SD in neck position? I always think of the SD as a hotter '59b with less bass, but I've never tried the SD nor the '59b.

btw. I poop on hiphop too, it's disgusting

Comment

Working...
    X