G&B pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&B pups?

Recently changed pups for my Custom solid body(mahogany and maple top) and discovered that this guitar has been initially packed with G&B Pickup Company humbuckers.... they have 5 wires.... Anybody come over pups like these? Also would like to know the wire color coding what goes where?

Re: G&B pups?

i had/have a pair a of single coil sized side by side humbuckers that are stamped G&B on the bottom. i pulled em out of a 80's hamer guitar. they sounded pretty cool but i know nothing about them

Comment

are you still around. i have a question about G&B pickups

Comment

i was here before the beginning... ill be here beyond the end...

Comment

I have a few sets of G&B, they came in my PRS S2 and Schecter imports

Comment

Yup, one of the largest OEM pickup suppliers out there. Some great, some decent, all made to a price point depending on what manufacturers request. What's your question?

Comment

The current line of G&Bs that come in PRS SE/S2 are pretty dang good. The ones I had in my 2005 SE are just OK.

Comment

Originally posted by BluesIsBlood12 View Post
                The current line of G&Bs that come in PRS SE/S2 are pretty dang good. The ones I had in my 2005 SE are just OK.
                I wasn't a fan of the G&B 7 set in the S2 I got last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  i had/have a pair a of single coil sized side by side humbuckers that are stamped G&B on the bottom. i pulled em out of a 80's hamer guitar. they sounded pretty cool but i know nothing about them
                  These were korean Hamers, i guess. Hamer USA used DiMarzio and SD afaik.
                  Last edited by hamerfan; 04-01-2020, 11:31 AM.
                  I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

nope it was a late 80's usa chaparral bolt on but it had a duncan ah1 in the bridge so someone had messed with the pups

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                      I wasn't a fan of the G&B 7 set in the S2 I got last year.
                      You might just dislike the design of PRS #7s. The 85/15s I've played are practically indistinguishable from the the USA version in my PRS CE, and the stock pickups in my S2 Vela are pretty good. I see no issues at all in the craftmanship of the recent PRS designed G&Bs.

Comment

My Chapman ML2 (Korean run) came loaded with G&B humbuckers. The neck pickup sounded fine but the bridge pickup needed more power. They both were four conductor but didn’t have adjustable screws, that is, both coils were slugs. I ended up exchanging them both. This guitar now rocks a tb-4 from around 2000 in the bridge and a phat cat in the neck.

Comment

I have two sets that came off PRS SE's before they were using actual PRS designs just made cheaper (like the 245's or the 85/15's). They're like 10K/9K bridge and neck, respectively. They seem to be made well and use Alnico magnets, but their tone was nothing to write home about. At least not for what I was attempting to play with those guitars. In particular, I couldn't get them out fast enough in my old Mushok baritone tuned to Drop A.

Comment

I had a set come in my ESP LTD EC-256. These are chrome covered and 2-wire connections I believe (I'll check). They sounded good but I wanted to put in zebra Duncans. BUT, was going to use them in something else and I remember having trouble finding wiring codes.
                            -=The Dali
                            --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
                            X