Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTB - PJ Marx pickups

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitarCA View Post
    WTB PJ Marx pickups. Lemme know whatcha got. Thanks!
    Hi there,

Still looking for those pickups? If yes, send me an e-mail at:
    [email protected]

Sincerely,

Hans Moust

Comment

If anyone is in contact with PJ Marx I would love to have a chance to interview him sometime about his pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Searcy View Post
        If anyone is in contact with PJ Marx I would love to have a chance to interview him sometime about his pickups.
        Let me see what I can do for you.

Do not be wise in words - be wise in deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Searcy View Post
          Clint, look here,

let me know if you can do that interview!

Comment

I've got a very new 80's PJ Marx STS-B that I am taking out of my Strat and will sell for reasonable / fair price. I have a Seymour JB humbucker in bridge and feel that the PJ Marx does not match the other pick ups nor the kind of music I am playing. I have the original box and original schematic for it too.

Comment

How much are you wanting to sell it for Tommy Tutone? I am interested. It is a humbucker, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979lespaul View Post
                How much are you wanting to sell it for Tommy Tutone? I am interested. It is a humbucker, right?
                you still looking for PJ Marx pups? I have one I just listed on fleabay for 180.00, and before anyone tells me I am crazy and my asking price is to high rest assured I have sold several other PJ Marx pups for similar amounts. people seem to be collecting them now that PJ Marx is an ammunition manufacturer LOL. anyway if you are interested I will gladly do forum members a better deal than that but if you are looking for under $120.00 the one I have isn't for you, it is an extremely rare one, i have only found info on the "artist" models ( I.E. bill Lawrence, etc.). anyway if anone is interested let me know, if not i will keep it in this old 80's cort guitar when i refurbish it .

Comment

Originally posted by lordraptor1 View Post
                  you still looking for PJ Marx pups? I have one I just listed on fleabay for 180.00, and before anyone tells me I am crazy and my asking price is to high rest assured I have sold several other PJ Marx pups for similar amounts. people seem to be collecting them now that PJ Marx is an ammunition manufacturer LOL. anyway if you are interested I will gladly do forum members a better deal than that but if you are looking for under $120.00 the one I have isn't for you, it is an extremely rare one, i have only found info on the "artist" models ( I.E. bill Lawrence, etc.). anyway if anone is interested let me know, if not i will keep it in this old 80's cort guitar when i refurbish it .
                  Yep, those old PJ Marx pickups are killers. I once sold a Jeff Watson Signature pickup for $150, and the buyer thanked me for letting it go.

Do not be wise in words - be wise in deeds.

Comment

Yep, those old PJ Marx pickups are killers. I once sold a Jeff Watson Signature pickup for $150, and the buyer thanked me for letting it go.
                    yeah some people use them others just collect them. the one I have does not bear an artists name at all. it is really different from other pups in that the pickup plate is made from woven carbon fiber graphite. I installed it into an old cort explorer body style guitar to test it out and it works fine I just wont use it for a guitar. I myself buy epi and Gibson gold and chrome covered stock pups dirt cheap from people upgrading theirs and that is what I use for everything. sadly my funds are depleted at present and figured I would list this PJ Marx up to get funds for some more stock epi/Gibson lp pups or some other parts I am going to be needing for a couple of guitar repairs I have coming up. here is a pick of the pup installed in the bridge position of this old 80's cort ( pickup ring is trash though).

ok just got a reply from the man himself via e-mail and here is what PJ Marx said

"It's an early Stiletto HB. It's a high output passive humbucker. It was made in the early 90's. Lot's of clarity, low noise. Can't tell from the pics whether it is a bridge or neck version. Enjoy

Last edited by lordraptor1; 01-06-2015, 11:17 AM. Reason: received replay from PJ Marx identifying pup

Comment

The latest one on eBay went for $150 and that's WAY overpriced.

There was a Brad Gillis p/u on eBay that sold for $39.95 a week or two ago. I should have snagged it but we're getting a new house so everything is going toward that right now. Ah well.
                      was it a brad gillis or jeff Watson pup? if so yeah way overpriced because those are artist sig models and are actually the common ones from pj marx. it is the non signature models that are actually worth cash because they are all limited run, low number, or prototypes, the sig models are NOT worth more than 50.00 shipped and that is only if they are new factory sealed.

Comment

Working...
                      X