banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Well LXIII: Abandon faith, all ye who enter here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well LXIII: Abandon faith, all ye who enter here!

Today's menu:
    Grilled Pork Chop's
    Asparagus
    Rice Pilaf
    Hollandaise Sauce
    Vodka & Tonic
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 04-23-2009, 11:36 AM.

Re: The Well LXIII: Abandon faith, all ye who enter here!

Wow, I can't believe you haven't been in the Well prior to now.

Anywho.....

What's your favorite beer (or other, if beer does not apply)?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I am not sure I have an absolute favorite? I haven't been around good beer in years! The only thing they have around here is Miller or Budweiser.

Favorites:
      Prips Blue Lager
      Labats Blue
      Calgary Stampede
      Kosovo Hunt Club

Comment

Very nice. Do you find a use for white pepper?

Vodka of choice?

Favorite cut of beef?

Do you go fishing?

BBQ briqettes, real wood charcoal, or propane? Grill of choice?

Comment

What's your favorite book? First guitar? First album you purchased?

Comment

where do you live, what's your job?
            Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Education?

Comment

Originally posted by Sludgenutz View Post
                Very nice. Do you find a use for white pepper?
                I am not a fan of white pepper, because so many places overuse it! The problem is they don't know how much they have already used so it is almost always overkill, especially in cream based soups. I understand it from an aesthetic perspective, but I personally don't use it.
                Vodka of choice?
                I usually buy Smirnoff. It is the minimum that's acceptable. I don't really drink Vodka out of an appreciation of Vodka , its just something to get drunk! I like good gin, but it is hard to get good gin around here. It is hard enough getting palatable beer.
                Favorite cut of beef?
                Ribeye or T-bone.
                Do you go fishing?
                I live on a lake so I do a lot of fishing, except for last year. The lake level was low and fishing sucked.
                BBQ briqettes, real wood charcoal, or propane? Grill of choice?
                I usually use propane for the majority of things, but I will use hardwoods for seafood and prime cuts. Charcoal if I am doing something in the dutch oven.
                Last edited by idsnowdog; 03-27-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                  What's your favorite book?
                  I don't read much in terms of novels. Probably my all time favorite would have to be "Red Harvest" by Dashiel Hammet. I got it from a book fair while in high-school and I remember being amazed at how vivid a picture he could paint with his words. I mostly read military history and a lot of IT technical documents.
                  First guitar?
                  A Westone 65th anniversary model superstrat that I still have. The original neck broke which was a shame, because it was made from Canadian rock maple and it was the best feeling neck I have ever had.
                  First album you purchased?
                  I don't remember the first album I bought, but I do remember the first hard rock albums bought for me. I wanted Rainbow "Straight Between the Eyes" and Black Sabbath "Heaven and Hell". My parents didn't like either so I ended up with Journey "Escape" and REO Speedwagon "High Infidelity". In retrospect it wasn't a bad compromise since those two were my second choices. My parents eventually couldn't live with those two albums either.

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
                    where do you live
                    SouthWest Minnesota in a rural community near a lake. The only thing of consequence to ever happen in this area are Laura Ingles Wilder lived in a nearby community called Walnut Grove and two miles across the lake, there is a place called slaughter slew where the Sioux Uprising began. The Sioux slaughtered a bunch of white settlers and that is what led up to Custer at Little Bighorn.
                    what's your job?
                    I used to be a Network Engineer and a part time technical instructor in IT. I haven't been able to find a job in IT since 2002, so technically my life ended in 2002, I just haven't died yet. Since 2006 I have been a full time student working on a number of Masters Degrees.

Comment

Education?
                      AA Degree = General Education
                      BA Degree = International Relations/Social Sciences
                      AAS Degree = Computer Networking
                      MBA = IT Project Management
                      MS = Technology Management

I have two classes left to get another Masters in Computer Security. I was going for a Doctorate, but I don't see any use in writing a thesis.

Comment

why do you have the goat of mendez in your signature?
                        Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                        Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

why do you have the goat of mendez in your signature?
                          I was bored one day and I was looking at ascii art. It started out as Jesus, but I'm dislexic.

Comment

What do you think of the Acer Mini?
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                              What do you think of the Acer Mini?
                              The price is pretty good and I like the specs, but I really know nothing about its performance in service?

It would seem to me the market would be people wanting more than a PDA, but less than a laptop. This market is usually populated by Pocket PC's. Since it runs XP it will support better applications than a Pocket PC running Windows Mobile. I can understand the appeal of a sub-miniature laptop, but I question whether it might be unusable for long term use due to its small keyboard and screen? Although it would be easier to use than a Pocket PC.

If I was to purchase a new laptop or a data device smaller than a laptop I would want the ability to access wireless wide area networks with at least 3G speeds. Currently there's a gap where laptops can have 3G add on cards and smartphones have access to 3G networks, but Pocket PC's, sub-miniature laptops and PDA's lack 3G connectivity.

Personally I would be looking for something with full featured applications, small size, light weight, mobility and nationwide access to wireless 3G data communications. If I was a traveling businessman I wouldn't be happy with a computing device that couldn't access the Internet or corporate VPN's.

Comment

Working...
                              X