• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXVII : Bass_Bear Be Chosen

Wait...you mean this is NOT you

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Melissa Auf der Maur? Paz Lenchantin? Gail Ann Dorsey? Tal Wilkenfeld?
      Last edited by dd12939; 04-27-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

desert island. you can have either a boombox with an unlimited supply of power and all the barry manilow tapes ever made, or a TV with an unlimited supply of power that cycles all the episodes of mama's family over and over.

which do you choose?

Comment

if you could any one bass, any one amp, and any two effects, what would they be?
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
          ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

If you could live anywhere in the world, money is not an object, where would it be?

What's your favorite news channel?

Whats your favorite tv channel?

How do you drink your coffee?

whats your favorite soda?
            This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
              +1 for Jamerson's Funk Machine. I'd play it on mission-critical work only (recordings, TV/film, etc.), not the bar band scene.

Let's say company X came up to you and said, "We want to make your signature bass. Any feature you desire, in whatever materials you choose." Describe that instrument.
              Wow....okay where to start.

Well first of all, I would have to go with with a bolt on maple neck, ebony fretboard and it would most definitely be Jazz sized (thinner at the nut). Probably a 70's head just because I love the hugeness of them, locking tuners! As far as the body is concerned, I would probably go with a really dark and thin mahogany body, with a natural/mat burst, very slight, very sleek. My hardware would probably look something like the combination of the music man humbucker and a really hot jazz at the bridge. It would be active, most definitely, and to top it all off, in the metal brace which holds the bolts at the rear of the neck, I would have the engraving of a 'V' for Victor Frankenstein (basically it would be my monster).

J
              Don't let the bottom drop...

Originally posted by phil_104
              In extreme cases though, herbs and talking to imaginary friends don't always cut it.
              Originally posted by rashayritto
              Bass Bear understands the square piece in a round hole dilemma more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                Wait...you mean this is NOT you

I would be disillusioning myself to think I was as cute as a cub.

J

In extreme cases though, herbs and talking to imaginary friends don't always cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
                  Melissa Auf der Maur? Paz Lenchantin? Gail Ann Dorsey? Tal Wilkenfeld?
                  Gail Ann Dorsay, no contest, whatsoever! That woman is amazing, not only can she play the pocket like nobody's business, but she can sing beautifully as well. Watch this video and you'll understand!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

J

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    desert island. you can have either a boombox with an unlimited supply of power and all the barry manilow tapes ever made, or a TV with an unlimited supply of power that cycles all the episodes of mama's family over and over.

which do you choose?
                    Hmmm....This is by far the hardest question yet. I'm going to assume two things: one I'm alone and two there is no hope for me to fix the tv for anything else but mama's family. Well considering these two things, I'm going to go with my apparently soon to be good friend Barry Manilow. Here are the reasons why:
                    1 - When I actually build my bass from coconut trees and palm leaves, I'll be able to jam out to Barry.
                    2 - I'm assuming I'll be there for a while and considering this, Barry will be able to help me keep myself company
                    3 - And lastly, because if I ever do get off the island, I will be a hit with every single 40 year old widowed or abandoned lover in the world, may not be the best but hey its something.

J

Comment

Originally posted by super rad ska View Post
                      if you could any one bass, any one amp, and any two effects, what would they be?
                      Any one bass, gonna have to go with The Funk Machine as stated earlier, assuming of course I have a legion of bodyguards to protect it and me.

As far as amps are concerned, I'm only just now starting to discover this vast and complex world, but I'm gonna have to go with Eden's WT800C amp sitting on D810RP cab, probably also pushing a D215XLT. This monster rig would be so awesome it wouldn't blow the clothes off everyone on the first row, but it would choose only the hot women and blow their clothes clean off!

As far as effects are concerned, I love the raw sound of a bass the way it was made and wouldn't taint it with effects....yet!

J

Comment

If you could live anywhere in the world, money is not an object, where would it be?

Canada, honestly, I would have a bigger house, a bigger back yard and probably move out to the East where there are mountains, but in the end I love my country to much to think otherwise. Who would rightly move away from here?

What's your favorite news channel?

Without getting political, I'm gonna leave to Adrienne Rich to explain that

'False history gets made all day, any day,
                        the truth of the new is never on the news'

Whats your favorite tv channel?

Gonna have to go with TSN here on this one, although I have satellite and sometimes the public service channels have some really good concerts on, like Bob Dylan's 1965 concert which I believe was at the Royal Albert Hall.

How do you drink your coffee?

No coffee, a green tea once in a while, nothing in it of course!

whats your favorite soda?

Dr.Pepper is pretty good, but nothing beats a beer.

J
                        Last edited by Bass_Bear; 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM. Reason: HOLY HUGE PICTURE BATMAN!

Comment

The Force is strong in this one.

Comment

If you think the force is strong with him on here, you should hear his bass playing.

Alright the ultimate question : Considering your current situation in music, would you rather find :

A ) A down to earth, non-egotistical lead singer.
                            B ) An intelligent, musical drummer.
                            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                              If you think the force is strong with him on here, you should hear his bass playing.

Alright the ultimate question : Considering your current situation in music, would you rather find :

A ) A down to earth, non-egotistical lead singer.
                              B ) An intelligent, musical drummer.
                              A hypothetical question indeed, considering both of the aforementioned are about as common as the do-do bird. That being said, the things I would do or give for a drummer of that description would make a hardened criminal blush.

J

Comment

I'll take it!

J

Comment

Working...
                                X