This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well 69: ImmortalSix

what are the specs of yor current "classic" car?(engine specs especially)
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by super rad ska View Post
      what are the specs of yor current "classic" car?(engine specs especially)
      Haha, well, I have the title to exactly 0 antique cars at present, but my dad has a pretty fun collection that I helped build.

The Blue Bronco: 1976 Ford Bronco

302 V8, 3 on the tree, D44 front, Ford 9" rear --- this is our most reliable "fun car," dad uses it for turkey hunting in the spring and we all use it for running around all year round. Runs and drives just as nice as any modern car. Tons of little functional upgrades. I daily-drove this car the winter that I was doing an engine swap on my Jeep

The Red Bronco: 1966 Ford Bronco

170 ci I6, 3 on the tree, D30 front, Ford 9" rear --- this car is FAR more archaic than the '76; more like a tractor than a car - honestly. That big shifter is not for the transmission, it's for the transfer case. The lever needs to be as tall as the Statue of Liberty because it's got a tougher-than-nails gear drive transfer case and you need all the leverage you can get to shift it. It used to be a snowplow truck, so it's got a lot of extra reinforcement in the frame, etc. The powertrain is great, very much like a tractor; lots down low, nothin' up high. Put it in low range and you could drive it right through your house. I don't drive this one very often because the brakes are terrible. Currently for sale.

The Willys: 1952 CJ3A

"Go Devil" 4 cylinder, one of the most out-of-square engines in history. All original powertrain, though --- amazing that a machine can undergo extreme duty for 57 years on original parts.

My dad and I did a good job with this one --- we ordered NOS parts, did a lot of body work and paint prep (harder than, and more important than painting), official U.S. Government supply paint, period correct for the year of manufacture.

It started as a "behind someone's barn" car, got it for $500, engine seized. Got the engine running and took it from there. Here's the timeline:

-Hunter
      Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 01:25 PM.
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy
        Are you honored to be part of the Grumpy fan club?
        Being frequently grumpy myself, and understanding the frustration and "facepalm"ing that comes with lots of things we see in this day and age; yes, yes I am.

I can't fault you for being grumpy, but make sure you never let it consume you, there's so much to be happy about in this world!

If you ever feel too grumpy, hit up the Diamond Dave Soundboard for a lift!

-Hunter

Comment

omg the diamond dave soundboard wins.
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

Comment

to touch on a few subjects here;

my yoga teacher is deathly afraid of sharks, easily avoidable you'd think, until you pass out at the movies...

your thoughts on sharks? (they do not all have to be the swimmy kind, could be the card kind, or lawyers)

nice trucks! i dig em all actually, can't go wrong with the old bronco's...

if you decided to restore something, what would it be?

Comment

omg the diamond dave soundboard wins.
              +1000000, but we digress:

#1 Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul - and WHY?

#2 If you found yourself thrown back in time, what band would you go and help make what album? (To improve junk, or make a bajillion dollars just because you can already play it!)

#3 One moment you would like to relive? One moment you would like to forget?

#4 As no one else has touched this, and it is Well #69 - top three positions in the sack!

#5 Greatest guitsr poser of all time? Most unnappreciated guitarist of all time?

#6 Guilty pleasure snack food that you could eat until you expoded, if necessary?
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                Haha, well, I have the title to exactly 0 antique cars at present, but my dad has a pretty fun collection that I helped build.

The Blue Bronco: 1976 Ford Bronco

302 V8, 3 on the tree, D44 front, Ford 9" rear --- this is our most reliable "fun car," dad uses it for turkey hunting in the spring and we all use it for running around all year round. Runs and drives just as nice as any modern car. Tons of little functional upgrades. I daily-drove this car the winter that I was doing an engine swap on my Jeep

-Hunter
                this is my favorite out of the bunch you posted. 5.0 and a 9"rear?

do you watch metalocalypse on adult swim? if so, what do you like/dislike about it?
                Yo, i'm Ryan™.

Comment

Originally posted by j9fd3s View Post
                  to touch on a few subjects here;

my yoga teacher is deathly afraid of sharks, easily avoidable you'd think, until you pass out at the movies...

your thoughts on sharks? (they do not all have to be the swimmy kind, could be the card kind, or lawyers)

nice trucks! i dig em all actually, can't go wrong with the old bronco's...

if you decided to restore something, what would it be?
                  Sharks are "nature's perfect predators" --- as a proper capitalist, I have to give props to anything whose strength and biological endowment exceeds that of all others in it's ecosystem.

I'm at the top of my food chain, and sharks are at the top of theirs. So we have something in common with sharks.

It's funny when humans interact with sharks, because we're both top dog in our food chains, so we're confused as to our relationship with each other.

I can tell you this, as an avid surf-fisherman, more sharks are killed by humans each year than humans killed by sharks. Ask anyone who's done some continental shelf saltwater fishing.

We're still on top!

======================================

If I decided to restore something, well time-out --- I would never restore a car. Those guys make me sick, they are bat-**** crazy --- finding vinyl for their door panels from the correct factory location from the correct month, stuff like that. I like for cars to function well, and most of the cars from the 50s, 60s, and 70s were less functional than I'll accept. We've upgraded lots of little stuff on our '76 --- shoulder harness seatbelts, modified the transmission shifter for better function, larger tires for a higher highway speed with lower RPM, stuff like that. Restoration, true restoration is just not for me. A lot of people think that what Dad and I do with cars is restoration, and it really, truly couldn't be farther from it. [/rant]

If I "built" a classic car, with 2wd, I would do a 427 Cobra.

If I built a classic car with 4WD, I would do a '76 Bronco body with a fuel-injected Explorer 302 (GT40 heads, believe it or not, don't let the secret out!), a proper modern automatic transmission (auto is better for crawling) (I'm not up on automatics right now, knowledge wise), TruHi9 rear, D60 front, coilover and 4 link suspension.

The style of the classic but with the reliability, performance, and capability that 40 years of technology's progression have afforded us.

-Hunter
                  Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I can tell you this, as an avid surf-fisherman, more sharks are killed by humans each year than humans killed by sharks. Ask anyone who's done some continental shelf saltwater fishing.
                    Whaddya say we give sharks some frickin' laser beams attached to their heads to even up the score and make things a little more interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      #1 Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul - and WHY?
                      Peter Criss, fo sho --- listen all the way 'til the end of this song to find out why, starts at about 5:15.

#2 If you found yourself thrown back in time, what band would you go and help make what album? (To improve junk, or make a bajillion dollars just because you can already play it!)
                      I would make He Is Legend follow up "I Am Hollywood" with a proper "He Is Legend" album --- as soon as I heard their follow-up "Suck Out the Poison," my buddy and I looked at each other and said "They either had 1) a lineup change or 2) a label change." Sure as the sunrise, they had a label change. Their "I Am Hollywood" album was so incredible, and they really fell flat after that. I wouldn't play, I would just do the production. Not everyone knows this, but I have 3 years' university education in audio technology and music production. I was close to a double major, but didn't have the money to stay in school one more semester.

#3 One moment you would like to relive? One moment you would like to forget?
                      Relive: my sophomore year of college --- I know it's not a moment, but man --- it was such a hard year, but the most fun year of my whole life. I was having such a good time and working so hard, I was like superman. That was the year my Jeep exploded, I lost my job, I was on academic probation, and I partied hard and hung out with crazy babes, and was really just a highly functioning college ass-kicking machine.

Forget: The moment that I ran from my classroom on April 16, 2007 --- we were 2 buildings away from the mass-murder and we were told to run faster than fast outta there by a SWAT team --- I was scared. Truly scared. We had been watching on CNN, it was so surreal, seeing the building we were in on live TV, it was awful. We were watching the death tally rise and rise, up to the 30s before SWAT got in and sprung us. There was a moment there, where I thought about my family, my girl, my life, and thought, if I'm ever going to get a bullet in the brain, it's going to be in the next 60 seconds. We didn't know it was just one killer --- we all assumed it was dozens because the death toll was so high. We figured they were on rooftops, in windows everywhere.

SWAT got into our building and ordered us to run to the commuter parking lot as fast as we could.

I fully accepted there was a chance of getting shot.

I had this black Hurley hat that I had had since my freshman year, and I was a senior at the time, 3 weeks away from graduation, and no-****, I ran so fast my hat blew off my head --- I paused to turn around, just out of habit or reflex, and felt this pulse of, I don't know, not emotion, not fear, just a pulse of "Oh ****," like I was a moving target and I had stopped and now I was going to get shot and die.

I made it home, here I am.

I could have gone my whole life without that moment.

#4 As no one else has touched this, and it is Well #69 - top three positions in the sack!
                      You wish!

#5 Greatest guitsr poser of all time? Most unnappreciated guitarist of all time?
                      Greatest poser: THE ENTIRE 80'S

Most underappreciated: Trey Anastasio. People see him as a hippie icon, but really he is just a kick-ass-and-take-names guitar player, from the floor up. I recognized this when I heard Phish do covers --- he is better than the original guitar player on every single cover!

#6 Guilty pleasure snack food that you could eat until you expoded, if necessary?
                      Pork ribs, pork ribs, pork ribs. No sweet sauce for me, give me that dry rub!
                      Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Expanding on the breakfast question, who does most of the cooking, and why?

Fave cuisine, or just "what's on sale"?

I agree +100000000 on restomodding cars. The older Detroit body styles have a certain charm and appeal, but the mechanics and electronics are ancient history.

Can we see a polite picture of your dear lady?
                        sigpic
                        "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
                        --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
                        Originally posted by Lewguitar
                        In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

this is my favorite out of the bunch you posted. 5.0 and a 9"rear?

do you watch metalocalypse on adult swim? if so, what do you like/dislike about it?
                          I used to back in college when there was cable in our house --- I "got" it, so it was funny to me, I understood what the show was about. That's what I liked about it, the parody. I don't dislike anything about it, it's a hilarious commentary on lifestyle stereotyping based on genre.

Comment

Originally posted by ginormous View Post
                            Expanding on the breakfast question, who does most of the cooking, and why?

Fave cuisine, or just "what's on sale"?

I agree +100000000 on restomodding cars. The older Detroit body styles have a certain charm and appeal, but the mechanics and electronics are ancient history.

Can we see a polite picture of your dear lady?
                            Cooking: She does because she's got a lot of creativity with recipes, and she's a bit of a control freak in the kitchen --- the kitchen to her is like the garage or the workbench for me --- "get outta my way, you're doing it wrong!"

Cuisine: I can't even type it all --- we are very adventurous and we make food like you see on cooking shows every single night --- stuff with lost of annoying adjectives, like instead of "salmon" we'll have "chile-lime-rubbed almond salmon on a bed of mango succotash with an orzo-and baby spinach salad with cranberries."

Healthy and delicious is the name of the game for us. She is great with picking recipes, and even better at cooking them.

The Lady? I am torn between posting an ambiguous picture and opening myself to the accusations that I picked an uggo, but also, I don't want you geeks downloading and wallpapering the pictures of my smokin' hot wife; so I am in a conundrum. Right now I'll go with no.

She's a blue eyed, blond-with-a touch-of red Irish girl who runs 8 miles a day, who can put down cocktails like a sailor and chooses not to like a lady, she cooks, she cleans, she slices, she dices.

My oh my, what a catch!
                            Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-11-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                              Whaddya say we give sharks some frickin' laser beams attached to their heads to even up the score and make things a little more interesting?
                              I can still take 'em.

Comment

Peter Criss, fo sho --- listen all the way 'til the end of this song to find out why, starts at about 5:15.

Far Less are a bunch of jerks - when my band played with them a few years back they complained about their set time, and started setting up during our time slot without even telling us or the club. Injury to insult, I saw one of them knock down my telecaster, breaking the pickup selector in the process. When I said WTF DUDE, he blamed it on me for putting it there. I don't remember which one he was though.

You say you aren't done with education - do you plan on getting your masters? What field? Gonna go to Va Tech again?

Also, should I brag to grumpy that somehow you accepted my facebook request?
                                Facebook - My facebook page
                                Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                                X