• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to buy an amp today

wish me luck on my endeavor

Re: about to buy an amp today

Do you have something in mind?
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

dr. z maz 18 jr head

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/ View Post
          dr. z maz 18 jr head
          Nice choice!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

quite honestly, i've been hoping and praying that GC has a used one or something...all the legal things got worked out between Guitar Center and my mesa boogie mark IV that was stolen last summer, so they owe me an amp....and this is my choice.

Comment

I have a friend who owns the Max 38. he is an Awesome Jazz player so I have only heard it clean with a Brian Moore guitar & a Les Paul. The amp sounds killer. Good luck with it!
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

That is indeed a killer amp. Got to play through one, once at my favorite guitar shop. It's totally in my top 5 dream amps.

Let us know how it went.
                - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I've got a Dr. Z Maz Jr. head (w/ reverb) and it's outstanding..I have no doubts you'll love it
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

some cool instances happened yesterday...

me and my buddies went to guitar center to talk to the store manager about the amp and all that stuff. we talk a little bit about prices and such, looked on ebay to see how much a medium mesa boogie Mark IV head was costing to see what my price range for an amp was...the price range was $1800 which was killer. we look around and i see a Dr. Z stang ray on a vintage marshall cab, tried it and didn't like it...then i saw that they had a vintage Orange 4x12 cab from the 70's for only $1000...
                    we plugged it in and it sounded beautiful. I almost walked out of the store with a stang ray and a vintage orange cab.
                    so i called my dad to get some wisdom, and i decided to not buy anything that day and to get the money for the amp instead of actually getting an amp at GC... so hopefully in like a week i can get that money and buy the maz 18 direct from Dr. Z or another place.

Comment

Your Dad is a wise man as you are for listening to good advise. Another bit of advise I would offer is to seek out the amp BEFORE you buy it. Make sure it is what you want before you pull the trigger. There are a lot of great amps out there, some will work for some players and not others. Good Luck!

Comment

Sounds like you're on a mission.... what speakers were in the old Orange cab?

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                          Your Dad is a wise man as you are for listening to good advise. Another bit of advise I would offer is to seek out the amp BEFORE you buy it. Make sure it is what you want before you pull the trigger. There are a lot of great amps out there, some will work for some players and not others. Good Luck!
                          +1 amen!

I remember trying out the Maz 18 jr a couple months ago and was blown away by it. at the moment it's definitely a throw up between the Non-reverb version and the reverb version in a 1x12 combo.
                          of course i'm still in the looking process

Dr. Z also seems to have some of the best prices i've seen for a "boutique" company. maybe i'll buy a dumble

the mission is on!

Comment

idk what speakers were in the orange cab, but the upper left speaker was blown, and it still sounded great.

Comment

Working...
                            X