just ordered an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just ordered an amp

so in case if you are not in the know...

last summer my mesa boogie mark IV was stolen, i filed the police report that same day... a number of different things happened and apparently the case got closed. In the beginning of august i was able to re-open the case and press charges against the man who stole my amp...fast forward almost a year and through much trial, through understanding Texas laws on stolen property and having a detective who apparently didn't understand texas stolen property laws, i was able to have a couple different options in front of me...

1. Guitar center (where the stolen amp was sold to) was going to buy me a new Mark IV... but Mesa Boogie discontinued it...so didn't happen.
    2. Guitar Center would let me have the equal value and buy something from Guitar Center ($1800 value, not bad deal)...
    3. Guitar Center would give me the amp value in cash.

Well a couple months go by, and we're not hearing back from the corporate office about getting the cash... and today i talk to my father for fatherly wisdom and advice...

and i bought a brand new Mesa Boogie Mark V head today for $2000, my father said he would pay the difference...which is pretty cool.

So there is my life today, I'm happy that something has finally happened. guitar center said they should be receiving in the orders for the Mark V in the beginning of august (in time for our tour) so everything should be all well together

Praise God!

Re: just ordered an amp

Very nice! Glad to hear things worked out for you.
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Hey that's great! In addition to being properly compensated, I hope the thief got busted!

"All things work together for good..."
      I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it left.

Comment

the thief got arrested....and yes, it has worked out for good. expect some clips and pics with it...

My plan for the future is to get a case that will hold 1 head and a cabinet (1x12 or 2x12) and some rack spaces...that will be fun

Comment

Being a good christian in times like these is very trying, and it's great to see that you kept the faith and God worked out the rest for you. My buddy had a Fender Silver Face Vibrolux Reverb stolen by a supposed friend, and fortunately he got it back in good working condition. I live in Oklahoma where the "Make My Day" law was enacted several years ago, it extends the ruling to cover unwanted people on your outer property as well as in your home. If someone makes the mistake of breaking an entering, they become eligible for a pine box and a party of six. I guess that's why Oklahoma has negligible Home Invasions comparative to armed robberies. Criminals have gotten smart and know they could get killed breaking an entering so they would rather rob a person or business at gunpoint and take that chance, which is still ballsy considering more Oklahomans carry concealed weapons.

Comment

that's crazy

Comment

How did your amp get stolen?? Was it at a gig, or did someone steal it from your home/car?

A bit of advice is to insure your gear. It's not very expensive and it is worth it the $ to just report the stolen merchandise and the replace it for the value you have it listed for.
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

You can also get one of those tracking things in each of your pieces of gear. Forgot the name but the cops use one in particular for stolen vehicles ect.
                - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
                Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
                Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
                I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

in the summer last year my band led worship for different missionaries that come to Teen Mania ministries campus to be sent out to different countries and states as missionaries. And one day i went into the big auditorium we use to play in and my amp and my friend's amp (vox AC30) was gone. I then found out later that it was a friend who stole it, that's highly unfortunate. I forgave him, and he had a year to fess up, but he didn't... so therfore he got arrested

Comment

Thanks for the praise report.
                    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post

Thanks for the praise report.
                      Yup!
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

yeah, that Lord is definitely faithful.
                        the one thing that i think is really cool is that through this trial of sorts, i learned a lot of life lessons here and there. Like about giving, learning to trust through all circumstances, being faithful with the small things here and there, being disciplined with time and things.

so all in all, it was a sucky but really good experience!

Comment

Working...
                        X