• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXXVII BTMN

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
    cool

play out much? if so what kinda music?

what is your amp and effects (if any) rig?

what kinda music do you like best?

who are some of your fav guitarists?
    Jam with friends 3-4 times a year. Classic Rock/Early Metal Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, UFO.....

Marshall Jcm-800 50 watt head,
    Brian May Vox 10 Watt Tone MONSTER,
    Crate GT 1200H W/ Crate 4x12 Cabinet + Korg DTR1000 Tuner loaded in the head. I put them with combos of these, a Mesa-Boogie 4x12" slant speaker cabinet, 4x10 Emenince Straight front cabinet, or a 2x15" Marshall Bass Speaker cabinet on occasion.

Effects, none 99.9% of the time but I have:
    MOJO Drive Box, a distortion /overdrive pedal, MXR phase 90, and Homemade High gain box that mostly preamps. I have an old MXR distortion box that I've had since '79 that I dig on every now and then.

See above.

See above band listing to start. the list is endless as there are to many genres of music with great guitarists.

Originally posted by NINJA MONKEY View Post
    Why are you so awesome?
    Dont think ANYONE has ever said that and meant it to me.
    Last edited by BTMN; 07-16-2009, 03:54 AM.
    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Either I'm REALLY not awesome or I've p1ssed ya'll off over SOMETHING.

I thought I might get a few more than this but then again I'm not much of a Well participant in asking questions as opposed to reading and lurking in those threads so I can see it that way for a few others. I lurked here for at least a year or two before first posting, so I guess I'm still a lil on the unknown/noob side. Learned a lot so far and visit everyday to this place.

I enjoy the Dean, Hamer, Cheap Trick, here, and Aerosmith's forums the most, but surf on several others also. Everywhere I go though, the motto stays the same, Life IS Good!
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Is see you have quite the collection of pointies. Do you own a Strat or something a little more conservative than your pointies?

If you had to give up all of your guitars except for one, which would it be? Pics.

Comment

Love my Hamer Daytona. I have a T51 also, Hamer's Tele in Natural that is having the electronic reinserted after trading a Mary Kay finished body for the Natural one.

I have several LP style, single and double cut, in the Hamer vein also. I only have one "real" LP a '79 The Paul. Here are my Hamer double cuts.

My reserve guitar huh? Well it might be my 1979 Hamer Standard...

Owned it since December 1982. Kinda tough to narrow it down but that was my first thought.
          Guitar to sound output:

Comment

nice stable!!
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Thank you.

I now have 24.5 Hamers, 18 Deans, and 21.5 other guitars with one of those an old Sears Silvertone acoustic, and 4 basses. The two halves are a late '70s Mighty Mite Explorer body and a Hamer USA neck from a '93 Daytona.

<--- constantly trying to improve playing abitity to match the stable.
              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Where do you store all of those axes????
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Tell us about how your obsession with Aerosmith began.
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Why don't you have a Martin Barre style Hamer?!

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                      Where do you store all of those axes????
                      I have 13 out on stands in the livingroom, all the rectangle cases stand up on the top shelf of a 36" rack set I have with storage space below them, and I have a climate controlled storage space I rent that has about 15 cases there along with other things. I have a few with no cases so that kinda helps a lil as some are in cases of other stuff out on the stands. This was the livingroom a couple years ago.

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                      Tell us about how your obsession with Aerosmith began.
                      1974 my uncle 5 years older than me bought Get Your Wings. Then in early '75 I bought Toys after hearing Sweet Emotion on my lil am radio. At 14 I saw them September 20th, 1975 in Columbus, Ohio. First show I was allowed to attend by myself. Soon to see my 55th show since.

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                      Why don't you have a Martin Barre style Hamer?!
                      I do. My Sunburst is just umm ... errr... Sunburst finished instead of Black.

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

What's your favorite Aerosmith tune? What's your favorite Aerosmith tone? Perry or Whitford? What do you make of post-70s Aerosmith? Ever consider moving to Boston? Wanna start a band?
                        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                          What's your favorite Aerosmith tune? What's your favorite Aerosmith tone? Perry or Whitford? What do you make of post-70s Aerosmith? Ever consider moving to Boston? Wanna start a band?
                          Today - Combination or Sunshine

Rocks album for Tones.

Brad fan for Substance and Joe for Flashy riffs. Brad has wrote many of Aerosmith killers like Last Child and No More No More. Joe is "the face" of Aerosmith's guitars, Brad is the brains to me.

To me, each Aerosmith release has had songs I could groove on and other that make me go, WTF guys?? I have really enjoyed Get A Grip over the years and I really dug Honkin" On Bobo. Lil South Of Sanity is a good live release from them.

If I wanted to freeze every Winter I woulda stayed in Minnesota in '82. So no on moving to Boston which kinda complicates the last question. I feel honored to be asked though.

BTW, isn't that a Hamer in your avatar? New?
                          Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Where is the Dean factory in Tampa? Been here 8 years and never knew that.
                            Oh my God! ,Whatever ,Etc.

Comment

Waters Ave. West of Dale Mabry about a mile on the South side of Waters Across from Fedex. Next Open House in February. Check out the Dean Forum http://www.deanguitars.com/forum Look in the DOA section for details. This will be the third year I have organized the internet forum members jam. Check out my thread in that section on it.
                              Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Sweet I will have to check that out next time. BTW nice little guitar collection you have going.
                                Oh my God! ,Whatever ,Etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X