• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXXVII BTMN

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    Today - Combination or Sunshine

Rocks album for Tones.

Brad fan for Substance and Joe for Flashy riffs. Brad has wrote many of Aerosmith killers like Last Child and No More No More. Joe is "the face" of Aerosmith's guitars, Brad is the brains to me.

To me, each Aerosmith release has had songs I could groove on and other that make me go, WTF guys?? I have really enjoyed Get A Grip over the years and I really dug Honkin" On Bobo. Lil South Of Sanity is a good live release from them.

If I wanted to freeze every Winter I woulda stayed in Minnesota in '82. So no on moving to Boston which kinda complicates the last question. I feel honored to be asked though.

BTW, isn't that a Hamer in your avatar? New?
    You and I share very similar opinions when it comes to those first few questions. Guess I'll have to give a couple of those later albums another listen.

What's your least favorite tune off Rocks?

That is, indeed, a Hamer in my avatar, but it's not mine--just a dream.
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Aint a track on there I DONT like.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
        Aint a track on there I DONT like.
        That, my friend, is the correct answer.
        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Shoot the Friday of the week Rocks came out, I got off work, cashed my paycheck for my 8 hour a week part time afterschool job, went home delivered the evening paper, caught a bus on the southside of Columbus to the Sears on the eastside and bought that album. Went home and must have played it 5 times before my mom yelled at me! Still have that copy too.
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

That's wierd the main page shows this in the vault but it's not. Is that a hint?
            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Have you ever been bitten by a snake? dog?

Have you ever been stung by a bee? wasp? hornet? yellow jacket? scorpion?

Have you ever been mauled by a bear?
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                Have you ever been bitten by a snake? dog?

Have you ever been stung by a bee? wasp? hornet? yellow jacket? scorpion?

Have you ever been mauled by a bear?
                No, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no, no, unless you count the girl I knew in 7th grade that only wanted to make out for 2 hours at a time. She was strong like bear.
                Guitar to sound output:

Comment

When were you last in a committed band?
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Your an Aerosmith expert?
                    I have a version of "Dream On" , I got off the radio back in 77.It is not the same as the version that is on all disks with "Dream on" on it that I have listened to. I have never been able to find this version on disk or any where else.It is slightly shorter in the beginning section ,with less Harpsichord and guitar.The lead guitar line is much punchier and overall it is a much punchier mix than the common version I find else where.Any Idea where this version comes from or where it can be found??
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                      Your an Aerosmith expert?
                      I have a version of "Dream On" , I got off the radio back in 77.It is not the same as the version that is on all disks with "Dream on" on it that I have listened to. I have never been able to find this version on disk or any where else.It is slightly shorter in the beginning section ,with less Harpsichord and guitar.The lead guitar line is much punchier and overall it is a much punchier mix than the common version I find else where.Any Idea where this version comes from or where it can be found??
                      is it about 3-1/2 minutes long? If so, that's the 45RPM single edit.
                      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Around that length,but not the single they issued here.I might post a snip of it some where,to give you an idea of the mix.

The lead guitar line is much punchier and overall it is a much punchier mix than the common version I find else where
                        It's a different lead line.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                          Around that length,but not the single they issued here.I might post a snip of it some where,to give you an idea of the mix.

It's a different lead line.
                          Aerosmith issues a greatest-hits album that was highly edited in a majorly bad way. I wonder if that collection includes the version of "Dream On" you're talking about. Here's the album cover:

Any idea's on this, Gene?

- Keith
                          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

It is probably a radio edit version which would have only gone to radio stations. Those often had a more high end sound to them. Couldn't tell ya the differance or if I've heard your version before without hearing it. Sounds like you been a fan from way back too. NICE!!!

I'll pull out the original and the greatest hits a lil later and give them a listen.

~(A)~
                            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                              Aerosmith issues a greatest-hits album that was highly edited in a majorly bad way. I wonder if that collection includes the version of "Dream On" you're talking about. Here's the album cover:

Any idea's on this, Gene?

- Keith
                              Got that, It's not that one.
                              Will have to do a convert to MP3.It's stored in Wav format, back soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                                When were you last in a committed band?
                                Forever ago. 1982. I was the singer/screamer. Hammerstrike lasted 6 months. Haven't chased that since.
                                Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Working...
                                X