X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXXVII BTMN

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
    Forever ago. 1982. I was the singer/screamer. Hammerstrike lasted 6 months. Haven't chased that since.
    When did you pick up the guitar? Before that band or after?
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Owned a guitar since 1977. Sadly only in the last 8 years or so have I REALLY tried to learn to play the blessed things.

Yeah, I'm content to be a livingroom noodler for the most part. I play guitar for the musical love, tension release factors, and conversation starter qualities too. Dont wanna be anyone's hero on it or even emulate a guitar hero to much. Sometimes just strumming along aimlessly while watching a race is good enough for me.

Life IS Good!
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Good example of the above would be this, I've been up since 6:45, I got up washed my face and such. Grabbed a can of Dt. Dew. I got out my '03 Time capsule Dean Z and my import Trans Green Dean Z. I played Godzilla, some Ted Riffs and some E-D-C-A-G runs and patterns in various spots on the Trans Greenie one and then played Walking The Dawg and Main riff to Hair Of The Dog on the TC Z along with some major/ minor Blues scales. Woke me right up!

Then I got on here and have been strumming my '05 P90 Z in between posts since.

Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

At my soundclick site
          - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 - the track titled - Dreaming - [I'm violating C'right, aren't I?]
          Once you get to 1:25 min is where the difference in the lead line shows.It's also missing the first three lines of the first verse and the harpsichord intro which was a couple of bars long and then started with the line "Every time I look in the mirror".The end couple of bars goes into an echo,because I hit the sound on sound some how when I was getting ready to stop the recording.
          The sound quality is some what rough as it was originally taped on a reel to reel and this copy is some analog and digital generations down the track.

It does seem like an edit of the original track with a different lead line/take.

BTMN I'm a big fan of this song ,not as much an Aerosmith fan;None the less ,a great band. Have you heard their Live orchestrated version of this?
          sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
          - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Eh Cool enough version. Sounds like a radio edit but without knowing what the dj was actually playing it could even have been an edit he did. I think it was just a radio edit version though. CBS and others including stations/djs did a lot of those things to make it easier to time radio programming. Say a song comes in at 3:20 seconds that gives the station 10 seconds for a radio call sign spot. "This is WBDM in Bladom, Blahdom's Best RAWK!!"

I have a copy of them doing it with the orchestra off MTV if that is the one. Really cool and good.
            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Once you get to 1:25 min is where the difference in the lead line shows
              It's a completely different lead line.The "usual" version is a lot cleaner and has no balls.Different notes.It's a different take ,no way an edit of the "usual"usual version.In 77 we had two FM stations.One Govt. One Private subscription Classical.It was played on a program of new releases.I'm presuming it was a version sent out to radio stations but never released ,as I have never found another copy of it anywhere.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, you have a gem.
                Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Well, you have a gem.
                  I just had a thought.A mate of mine,his wife worked for that very govt radio station for many years in the record library.He was telling me recently about her accumulated collection of rarities and pre-release material she has in her collection[A pre-release copy of Back in Black AC/DC being one of them].She is apparently going to divest herself of much of these as she has thousands of disks.1.She may know of its existence or be able to find out about it ,or 2. even better; may have a copy.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think that's the most impressive "livingroom noodler" collection I've ever seen. Congrats.

Although what do you have against blue guitars?

Comment

Thank you.
                      Yes my collection DOES out perform my skills.

More of a Natural finish or Trans Color kinda guy but I DO have this kinda Blue guitar.

'83 Hamer Blitz

With another '83 Blitz and an '83 Blitz bass

Guitar to sound output:

Comment

I need that bass.

Tell me about the Hamer "Prototype" guitars...

I used to have one, in a white pearlescent finish. I hated the way the neck felt so I traded it away. I knew it was cool, but...
                        *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                        Originally posted by Slash2987
                        Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                        Originally posted by PVFan
                        I'm a good sex man.
                        Originally posted by Grumpy
                        I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Cant have Brownie! It was beat finish wise when I got it. It WAS Black.

The Prototype model had the three coil Bridge slot pickups right? I've never owned one. Lot of Hamer necks from '81-'85 tended to be on the slim side. That seems to be the biggest complaint I've read about.
                          Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Cant have Brownie! It was beat finish wise when I got it. It WAS Black.

The Prototype model had the three coil Bridge slot pickups right? I've never owned one. Lot of Hamer necks from '81-'85 tended to be on the slim side. That seems to be the biggest complaint I've read about.
                            Yeah triple coil humbucker, goofy slim- yet blocky feel.
                            *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                            Originally posted by Slash2987
                            Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                            Originally posted by PVFan
                            I'm a good sex man.
                            Originally posted by Grumpy
                            I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Talked to Mr. Jenkins lately?

Comment

You SHOULD SEE the Deans he is having made!!!! Think Strats with a twist. You talk to him?

You would be a lil proud of me Mr. Jolly, I drank 6 shots of old Jack Black last night while strumming guitars and chatting with some fellow crazy Aerosmith fans during the Dallas show. Most I've drank in a long time. It wasn't planned that way but it was fun. A couple Dean USA Zs, 6 shots of JD, a couple nice Hamer Standards, add a Crate GT1200H and a 4x12 Mesa Cabinet from about 1990 and Voila FUN!!!!

We have a running thread on the Aerosmith board with live setlist twtter reports and/or cell calls back and forth with someone at the show. Often times folks even arrange to call other folks and let them hear their favorite song.

I've heard Walkin' The Dawg a few times thanks to a couple of girls I know who know my favs. I was cranking that one up a little bit last night at about the two shot mark.

My show with Aerosmith and ZZ top was supposed to be 7/11 but it's TBR (to be rescheduled) due to Steven injuring his leg and missing 7 shows.

Dang I ramble.
                                Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Working...
                                X