This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well Part LXXVIII - Brow

What are you most proud of in your life, be it a material possession or an accomplishment or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
      Wow! I guess I missed out on this episode of the well. Here's what I'd like to know:

Have you ever been to the United States? If so, what did you like most about it, and what did you like least about it (as it compares to the UK). If not, what part of the US (if any) would you most like to visit?

- Keith
      Hey Keith.

I've been to the US twice:

The 1st time was when I was 12 (I'm 26 now) and I went to Florids for 3 weeks with my family. That was an awesome holiday and something I'm looking at repeating as soon as I can afford it!

The 2nd time was about 3 or 4 years ago when I came to New York City with my girlfriend and spent the week with TO. He had a gig in Pennsylvania 1 of the nights we were there so I guitar teched/hindered him for the gig and then he showed us the sights each day (as well as some awesome guitar shops ). The thing I liked best was I s'ppose the people and the whole atmosphere of the place. I felt safer wandering around NYC at night (and early hours of the morning ) than I do in my own home town!.

As for future visits, I'd love to fly in and hire a car and do some driving around to see what I can see for a few weeks.

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
      I'm planning on writing a novel about Robin Hood. And...I'm coming down to Wales for a holiday next month so -

Is there one (or at most two) site(s) that you would recommend seeing to get a feel for Robin Hood?
      I have no idea what's in Wales regards Robin Hood, but I'm from just outside Nottingham, which is probably the main place associated with him. There's a few tourist attractions in the city about him (his statue outside the castle etc), as well as 'The Tales Of Robin Hood', which is an attraction that's been around for years. Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak are also massively associated with him, and they're based in Edwinstowe which is about 20 miles outside of Nottingham. The Robin Hood Centre at Sherwood has either been or will soon be massively renovated and updated. So depending where your travels take you, those would be the places I'd suggest.

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
      What are you most proud of in your life, be it a material possession or an accomplishment or whatever?
      1 of the bands I was in a few years ago recorded an album (half of which I recorded and mixed/produced) and an EP and I'm very proud of that material. We also did a few gigs on the main stage at The Cavern Club in Liverpool, England which has a huge amount of history behind it as most of the 'classic' bands from this country have played there at some point in their career. THe times I played there I stood on the same spot on the stage as David Gilmour did when he played there on Millennium Eve with Paul McCartney, I'm also very proud of that

Comment

what's the story behind your user name?
        Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Why are you so annoying?

How is the diet going?

Are you still comin' out to NYC this year?
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
            I have no idea what's in Wales regards Robin Hood, but I'm from just outside Nottingham, which is probably the main place associated with him. There's a few tourist attractions in the city about him (his statue outside the castle etc), as well as 'The Tales Of Robin Hood', which is an attraction that's been around for years. Sherwood Forest and The Major Oak are also massively associated with him, and they're based in Edwinstowe which is about 20 miles outside of Nottingham. The Robin Hood Centre at Sherwood has either been or will soon be massively renovated and updated. So depending where your travels take you, those would be the places I'd suggest.

Doh! I know Robin's associated with Nottingham, not Wales, that's why I asked you!
            I was meaning I'd be travelling through merry England to get to Wales so might pop into somewhere Robin associated on the way. The Robin Hood Centre sounds interesting...

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by newking70 View Post
              what's the story behind your user name?
              It's a nickname that started while I was at college studying music. Someone started calling it me as my eyebrows joined in the middle and grew partway down my nose, and it stuck Pretty much anyone that knows me in a musical capasity knows me as Brow

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              Why are you so annoying?

How is the diet going?

Are you still comin' out to NYC this year?
              I don't think I'm THAT annoying, only to you maybe!

The diets going ok, lost about 8 or 9 lbs so far

Not looking good for NYC this year due to the building works at home costing more than 1st thought, but we gonna put the money left over towards a holiday hopefully next year.

Doh! I know Robin's associated with Nottingham, not Wales, that's why I asked you!
              I was meaning I'd be travelling through merry England to get to Wales so might pop into somewhere Robin associated on the way. The Robin Hood Centre sounds interesting...
              Ah right, I didn't twig that you'd be travelling around England to get to Wales! Well if that's the case, Nottingham city and Edwinstowe (for Sherwood Forest and the Major Oak) would be the 2 main things I'd recommend

Comment

Cool info all around.
                Come back to the Sunshine State let me know and I can share a few cool guitar things with ya. Maybe a tour of Dean guitars if you like and I can get us in.

I love the story of the Cavern Club gig. That would have been intimidating for a moment I presume. In my short music endevors I have shared the stage with Yanni playing after my band and we did it at the site of Buddy Holly's last gig, The Surf Ballroom in Iowa. Yanni was the keyboardist in a Minneapolis band, Chamelion, at the time while he was in college. A guy in our band knew that band and we got on the bill for 45 minutes or so. It was really very interesting to look over the memorabilia from that time period and then play on that stage. Life IS Good.

I like that natural finish you have done on that first Strat clone. The GSG is sweet. Nice to get a guitar made in a more hands on, attention to detail kind of way.

Any new guitar you want and you could have it, what would it be?
                Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                Guitar to sound output:
                Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I got a few for ya Craig!

When are you at your most content?

Which musical sale do you most regret?

Where did you play your best/worst gig?

Who would play alongside you in your ultimate band (dead or alive)?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Ah right, I didn't twig that you'd be travelling around England to get to Wales! Well if that's the case, Nottingham city and Edwinstowe (for Sherwood Forest and the Major Oak) would be the 2 main things I'd recommend
                    Thank you my merry man! The "Tales of Robin Hood" thing looked really cool, but I see they had to close it in January.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                      Cool info all around.
                      Come back to the Sunshine State let me know and I can share a few cool guitar things with ya. Maybe a tour of Dean guitars if you like and I can get us in.

I love the story of the Cavern Club gig. That would have been intimidating for a moment I presume. In my short music endevors I have shared the stage with Yanni playing after my band and we did it at the site of Buddy Holly's last gig, The Surf Ballroom in Iowa. Yanni was the keyboardist in a Minneapolis band, Chamelion, at the time while he was in college. A guy in our band knew that band and we got on the bill for 45 minutes or so. It was really very interesting to look over the memorabilia from that time period and then play on that stage. Life IS Good.

I like that natural finish you have done on that first Strat clone. The GSG is sweet. Nice to get a guitar made in a more hands on, attention to detail kind of way.

Any new guitar you want and you could have it, what would it be?
                      I was meant to have come back to Florida this year, but I needed a new car as my last 1 bit the bullet and ended up not being able to afford it in the end Thanks for the offer and will deffo let you know as/when I come over again

The 1st natural strat was like that underneath the original black paint, so aside from the oil to darken it slightly, that's how it was made

At the minute, there's not really anything guitar wise I want as I have most bases covered, but if I HAD to add something to the collection it'd prob be a Korina style Explorer

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                      I got a few for ya Craig!

When are you at your most content?

Which musical sale do you most regret?

Where did you play your best/worst gig?

Who would play alongside you in your ultimate band (dead or alive)?
                      Hey Stevie!

Most content would prob be later on at night when I can just chill out and not need to worry about anything. Either that or when I'm reading and really get into it. When I'm like that I'll pretty much unintentionally ignore everyone and everything apart from what I'm concentrating on. Drives my girlfriends nuts though because she thinks I'm being ignorant! lol

Sale regret would be my Korina style Epi Flying V when I was younger. It's hard case wouldn't fit in the boot of my dads car, and he wouldn't let me have it across the back seat, so he made me sell it

Best gig would probably have been either the 2nd Cavern gig or during a local BOTB where we were were bang on with everything musically and put on 1 of the best shows we'd ever done. Can't say as I've ever really had a 'worst' gig as most of them have gone off without any major problems.

Dream band would prob be:

Freddie Mercury on vocals
                      Randy Rhoads/Brian May on guitar
                      I'd be happy enough to fill out on Rhythm Guitar
                      Dave Grohl on Drums
                      and (for some reason) I really like Gene Simmons' basslines, so I guess him

Thank you my merry man! The "Tales of Robin Hood" thing looked really cool, but I see they had to close it in January.
                      Oh, didn't know they'd shut The Tales Of Robin Hood There's a good visitors centre at Sherwood Forest though that's either had (or is having) a major refurbishment and alot of money spent on it.

Comment

... I needed a new car as my last 1 bit the bullet and ended up not being able to afford it in the end ....

..... it'd prob be a Korina style Explorer

.....Dream band would prob be:

Freddie Mercury on vocals
                        Randy Rhoads/Brian May on guitar
                        I'd be happy enough to fill out on Rhythm Guitar
                        Dave Grohl on Drums
                        and (for some reason) I really like Gene Simmons' basslines, so I guess him

I hear that on the car. I got my Acura Integra wrecked in November and the '94 Accord to replace it was NOT covered by the insurance payment.

Dean and Hamer make a NICE Korina "Explorer based" guitar.

Great choices for a dream band. Ever been to a Monsters Of Rock show? If yes, best memory and worst please.
                        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                        Guitar to sound output:
                        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                          I hear that on the car. I got my Acura Integra wrecked in November and the '94 Accord to replace it was NOT covered by the insurance payment.

Dean and Hamer make a NICE Korina "Explorer based" guitar.

Great choices for a dream band. Ever been to a Monsters Of Rock show? If yes, best memory and worst please.
                          The head gasket was on the way out on my car, so I either had to sell it very quick (to someone prepared to do the work) or get the work done myself which would end up costing about 3 times what the car itself was worth!

I had a korean Dean ML about 8 years ago and it was a horrible guitar. If I see an Explorer of theirs that I like I'll give it a go!

Nope never been to Monsters of Rock, I think that festival either stopped or changed it's name before I started going to gigs.

Comment

The head gasket was on the way out on my car, so I either had to sell it very quick (to someone prepared to do the work) or get the work done myself which would end up costing about 3 times what the car itself was worth!

I had a korean Dean ML about 8 years ago and it was a horrible guitar. If I see an Explorer of theirs that I like I'll give it a go!

Nope never been to Monsters of Rock, I think that festival either stopped or changed it's name before I started going to gigs.
                            I guess it would be the Download festival now...

I'm liking the band choice!

What would be your ultimate rig???

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees View Post
                              I guess it would be the Download festival now...

I'm liking the band choice!

What would be your ultimate rig???
                              I know they both took/take place at Donnington, but I couldn't remember if Donnington Festival came out of Monsters of Rock or what used to be The Ozzfest

Ultimate rig is a difficult 1 really as I have enough amps already to cover pretty much anything I want/need (apart from high gain, but I don't use that much anyway), so ultimate rig would probably just be 'better' versions of what I already have:

Instead of my Carlsbro 50 Top it'd probably be a JTM45 and instead of my JCM800 2210 it'd prob be a Splawn or a Bognor etc. I have always wanted an AC30 though! Same with guitars and pedals really, I pretty much have all I want/need but could get better versions of some of them

Comment

How you doing Craig?

Eh how many pedals have I sold to you by now?

Comment

Working...
                                X