why not reissue the mark IIC+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why not reissue the mark IIC+?

so i understand that revisions and stuff are made to amps, new models come out that are better, more variety, etc...

but if you many people are willing to spend big bucks for a mesa boogie Mark IIC+, mesa boogie should just reissue and bring the price to a little bit lower than that of a used original IIC+.

If they have all the original specs and other things, they should be able to make it?

anyways, that's my late night thought before i go to sleep!

Re: why not reissue the mark IIC+?

They did, the new Mark Five has the MARK I, the MARK IIC+ and the MARK IV.
    The reviews have not been very positive though......

Comment

Originally posted by Braciola View Post
      They did, the new Mark Five has the MARK I, the MARK IIC+ and the MARK IV.
      The reviews have not been very positive though......
      There are more positive reviews than negative.

Then there are the people have done a comparison side by side: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37701

If you read the manual for the V, I think Mesa knew what would happen when they put the amp out.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Didn't the company that made the transformers for the IIC+ go out of business or something? Apparently they had some sort of mojo that can't be recreated and if Mesa attempted to reissue the IIC+ they still wouldn't sound the same.

Comment

Seeing that we are on the RI train-of-thought !

Can't they RI (again) the MKI . . .

. . . i would LOVE to have a 1x15 MKI RI with graphic EQ & push'pull knobs.

Thanx Mesa !

James
          Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
            There are more positive reviews than negative.
            I guess it depends on where you look.
            I have not played the amp myself, but I do respect many of the members who responded to this thread over at The Gear Page where I usually hang out........

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
              Didn't the company that made the transformers for the IIC+ go out of business or something? Apparently they had some sort of mojo that can't be recreated and if Mesa attempted to reissue the IIC+ they still wouldn't sound the same.
              It's my understanding that there was some problem with parts supplies being no longer available--I'm not sure if it's the transformer, but that sounds reasonable.

Bill
              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

If the transformers are indeed the problem, that should be easily solved. There are companies that wind custom transformers if someone supplies the specs. M/B either has the specs or could supply transformers for reverse-engineering. Several of the custom amp builders have gone this route to get their transformers, so it shouldn't be a roadblock to a full-on IIC+ re-issue.

Funnily enough, I was talking with a buddy of mine who used to manage a shop that is a M/B dealer. His opinion is that M/B is going to re-issue the IIC+ as they did with the original Mk I years ago.

Comment

Wait for scatterwound transformers and how are they potted, anyway and is Megan Fox in?

Comment

^^ lol
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Braciola View Post
                      I guess it depends on where you look.
                      I have not played the amp myself, but I do respect many of the members who responded to this thread over at The Gear Page where I usually hang out........

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...highlight=mesa
                      I take the gear page with a grain of salt. There are a lot of folks who seem to think that the V is a watered down version of the other Marks. To a point, it is...its supposed to be.

Its supposed to be the most popular tones of those amps at the sweet spots according to the guys who built those old Marks. I had a Mark IV A from 1990, the V nails the tones I got out of that amp and nails the reasons why I liked my Mark IV so much. Now what I can't do with the V is get the tones I never used out of the IV that sounded like crap to my ears.

In short, for the Mark IIC+/IV mode;

Dream Theater = Yes
                      Master of Puppets = Yes
                      Most of the most popular IIC+/IV tones = yes
                      Every tone you could have ever dialed on a IIC+/IV at all extremes = No

You get the idea?

There isn't a non-useful channel or mode on the Mark V, that cannot be said of earlier Mark series amps. The Mark V is stellar.

I almost qualify as a Mesa fanboy these days, but I am impressed by their products. I like them for what they do for me, not what crappy internet clips or a web page full of opinions say about them. I trust my ears more.

You really should read the manual, you would get a laugh out of it.
                      Last edited by Binnerscot; 08-10-2009, 08:32 PM.
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Working...
                      X