banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guest Luthier Series - Peter Crossley (Crossley Guitars)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Peter Crossley (Crossley Guitars)

Is there one final question for Pete?
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Hey Peter:
      I had to work all day..... But hurried to my computer to read your answers and get a quick "thank you" in.....and also tell you how much I admire your work!
      Thanks so much for spending all night here and helping make this such agreat place!
      Ron

Comment

no question, just a suggestion....GO TO BED, PETE.......

and thank you.
        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
          Evan,
          Thank you for the opportunity to share a little of my life on the other side of the world with a bunch of great people.
          I have really enjoyed my time here tonight/today even though I am a little weary at the moment.

Thanks to everybody for the great questions, what you have done in many cases tonight is make me look at what I am doing, and my principles and reasons for doing it. It really has been an eye opener for myself, and I thank you again for this opportunity.

I hope you all have a great evening, as I watch the sun come up. Isnt the world a crazy place !!!!

Cheers
          Pete
          Pete, the thanks is mine, or should I say ours. You've outdone yourself with very thoughtful answers to a litany of disparate questions. And you've done a great job to kick off the Guest Luthier Series.

You've left a tough act to follow. I'll announce next week's Guest Luthier tomorrow.

The guitar strap was won by KeeperOS in a random drawing (PM sent).

Also, thanks to everyone who posted in this thread and even those who just lurked. I think this kind of dialogue between builders and the public can be very beneficial for both sides.

I'll keep this thread up in the Guitar Shop for a few days and then Vault it.
          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
            Pete, the thanks is mine, or should I say ours. You've outdone yourself with very thoughtful answers to a litany of disparate questions. And you've done a great job to kick off the Guest Luthier Series.

You've left a tough act to follow. I'll announce next week's Guest Luthier tomorrow.

The guitar strap was won by KeeperOS in a random drawing (PM sent).

Also, thanks to everyone who posted in this thread and even those who just lurked. I think this kind of dialogue between builders and the public can be very beneficial for both sides.

I'll keep this thread up in the Guitar Shop for a few days and then Vault it.

Thanks guys,
            had a ball,

now its sleepy time for Petey........................................
            www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Peter fearing that you won't get to read this until perhaps tomorrow I really wanted to thank you for taking the time (and in my case patience) to open up your soul as well as our minds.

I always had a great admiration of your work but now that I think I understand you a tiny bit better I start to have admiration for the man behind the work as well...

My most hear-felt thanks for today Pete as well as Evan and the rest of the SD team!

Oh, and Pete, sleep tight
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Hello Peter,

If you're reading this sometime after getting some rest, thank you VERY much. I wired an Antiquity straight to the output jack of my Les Paul like you suggested and it sounded fantastic. All new electronics it will be!

Thank you again,
                Mario
                My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Peter, Thank you so much for everything. I learned a lot (now I want a G3 in my strat ;-)). Get some rest, you've earned it.

Jason
                  <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

peter - i'm late checking in but read it all and LOVED it - thanks for a great session ... very generous of you - first pint's on me if i ever make it down under

cheers
                    t4d
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I missed the question part, but thank you so much Peter for sharing.
                      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Thanks again, Peter!
                        Guitars:
                        http://my.opera.com/KK91/albums/slideshow/?album=969652

Comment

AUGH I missed this. Well, I'll just go ahead and ask my (non-live) questions anyways. If they don't get answered before this gets vaulted fair enough.

1) You mentioned two big machines you'd like to add. What are they?

2) You've worked in a number of scales; do different scales mean different considerations in terms of wood/pickups/anything else? I'm particularly interested in the 24" scale.

3) You said you found this place after meeting Seymour and Evan; how'd that end up happening in the first place and how'd it go?

Like I said I understand if these don't get answered. Thank you for taking part in this, I am definitely illuminated after reading this thread!

Comment

good questions, hopefully pete might catch them before the thread's vaulted?

Comment

Originally posted by scandoslav View Post
                              AUGH I missed this. Well, I'll just go ahead and ask my (non-live) questions anyways. If they don't get answered before this gets vaulted fair enough.

1) You mentioned two big machines you'd like to add. What are they?

2) You've worked in a number of scales; do different scales mean different considerations in terms of wood/pickups/anything else? I'm particularly interested in the 24" scale.

3) You said you found this place after meeting Seymour and Evan; how'd that end up happening in the first place and how'd it go?

Like I said I understand if these don't get answered. Thank you for taking part in this, I am definitely illuminated after reading this thread!
                              1)The Machines would be a large bed table saw and a 20" thicknesser

2) No the scale length doesnt require a different timbers or pups, its just a smaller fret spacing.

3) Seymour and Evan did a tour of Australia a while back, organised by the distributor of SD pickups. I knew the distributor Steve, and they organised a meet & greet day followed by a jam. Was a good day.

Cheers
                              Pete
                              www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

• Re: Guest Luthier Series - Peter Crossley (Crossley Guitars)

Pete, thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart. To some of these guys, it's just a learning experience. To me, it's looking into the future...
                                This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
                                X