X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

I'm ready to be interrogated.

EDIT- Fender_punk passed this on to me... thanks dude!
    Last edited by Andrew Lamprecht; 09-06-2009, 10:36 PM.
    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

How do you feel about life?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey View Post
      How do you feel about life?
      I feel pretty good. Nothing is going wrong, I guess. I got a good girl and I am almost prepared to start a band.

Comment

you've been posting on here for a little while now but i personally dont know anything about you. enlighten us
        Originally posted by Empty Pockets
        yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Thanks for taking it, it was difficult to get rid of.

What's your gear collection?

Which axe that you own is your favourite (and why)?

What still needs to be added?

How did you discover this forum and why did you join?
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

where were you born

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?

what do we think we know about you that is false

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?

favorite childhood memory?

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
              Thanks for taking it, it was difficult to get rid of.

What's your gear collection?

Which axe that you own is your favourite (and why)?

What still needs to be added?

How did you discover this forum and why did you join?
              1. My gear is nothing special. I have a Alpine White Epiphone G-400 SG which is soon to have a Mean90 (A GFS version of a Phat Cat) in the neck and a 500T from Gibson in the bridge. I am going to experiment with magnet swapsin it. As some of you know it has two side ceramics in it. With a weaker magnet like an A2 or A5 it will blend with the ceramics giving it a unique sound.

I have a Washburn Acoustic. I don't remember what model it is but it was $430 when I bought it.

Then I have a Ibanez GSA60 and an ESP H-100 for sale right now.

I have a Peavey Rage 258 which is probably one of the best solid state amps I have ever heard and I am saving up money for a good tube amp.

Then I have an amazing pedalboard. It has a Digitech Digital delay and a Bad Monkey.

2. My favorite guitar is my SG. It has such a comfortable neck and I have tons of access.

3. Blueman335 is going to sell me a Dot so that's probably going to be my next guitar.
              I also want some kind of an LP I don't care what kind of LP as long as it is comfortable and sounds good. I think I want an LP with P90s in it.
              The amp I am going to try to buy is a Peavey Classic 30. I am going to offer $350 (It's been sitting there for almost 2 years and they want to get rid of it). It sounds good but out here we don't get a lot of truly good guitar players.
              I really like ENGL amps. They are known for metal but I personally think their blues and classic rock tones are suberb. They are too expensive for me though. One day if I get a good amount of money I will buy a good ENGL combo.
              I also want to try different delays. The one I got is good but I want it to be trippier.

4. I originally joined because I heard a set of 59s in a guitar and fell in love. I wanted to learn more about them.

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                where were you born

what is the single most important accomplishment you'd like to achieve before you draw your final breath

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your proudest

what accomplishment have you achieved that is your most profound regret

what do we not know about you that you'd like us to?

what do we think we know about you that is false

what are some of the philosophical truths that guide you in your day-to-day?

what did your parents/family of origin do well that you hope to emulate?

what did your parents/family of origin do not well that you hope to improve upon ?

favorite childhood memory?

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are happy that it is not true

tell us one thing that was true about you 5 years ago that is no longer true and you are sad that it is not true

tell us one thing that is not true today but you hope will be true about you in 5 years that you welcome

tell us one thing that is not true today but that is likely to be true about you in 5 years but that you hope to avoid

what one thing (that is not about your physical appearance) would you change about yourself today if you had a magic wand that would serve this purpose
                1. I was born in Binghampton, New York. We moved to Oswego, New York when I was 3 and then moved to Adrian, Michigan when I was 5.

2. I want one person to say to me that I have touched them with the way I play guitar. Then I will be ready.

3. Deciding not to drink.

4. Not trying as hard as I could of in 9th and 10th grade. I'm in a hole trying to dig myself out.

5.???I'm a spy

6.????

7. Try to be nice to everyone I meet.

8. Raise my kids well.

9. Have more control over their children.

10. Skipping rocks with my dad on Lake Oswego.

11. My little brother Chris was in the hospital and he almost died.

12. I was younger?

13 and 14. ????

15. I would have more control over what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                  15. I would have more control over what I do.
                  do you mean this as in

'because i am still a kid and my parents and school has more control over me than i wish they would'

or as in

' i do stuff that i later come to regret the negative consequences of so i wish i had better self control over my impulses' ?
                  gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

do you mean this as in

'because i am still a kid and my parents and school has more control over me than i wish they would'

or as in

' i do stuff that i later come to regret the negative consequences of so i wish i had better self control over my impulses' ?
                    I just tend to say things on impulse and act on impulse. I should think about what I say but I have 5 siblings and we all knaw at each others ankles.

I want to move into my own place just because of the noise. It's just constant yelling over the TV and video games... It's just crazy. I don't mind my brothers and sister but they never seem to calm down.

Comment

And its not just siblings. It's a lot of things. I'm not a bad kid, just a frustrated one.

Comment

so what kind of music will your band play?
                        covers or originals?
                        do you play other instruments - if so, which?
                        what do you enjoy besides guitar as a hobby/interest/pasttime

last book you read?

fav book ever read?

what classes do you have this year? which is your fav? least fav?

what goals do you have for after graduation? what plans do you have for after graduation?

would you ever join the military?

have you ever traveled outside the US? if so where and what did you think ?
                        gear list in profile

Comment

so what kind of music will your band play?
                          covers or originals?
                          do you play other instruments - if so, which?
                          what do you enjoy besides guitar as a hobby/interest/pasttime

last book you read?

fav book ever read?

what classes do you have this year? which is your fav? least fav?

what goals do you have for after graduation? what plans do you have for after graduation?

would you ever join the military?

have you ever traveled outside the US? if so where and what did you think ?
                          Our band will play more of like blues and early metal. The hardest we would probably get is Black Sabbath, most of the music would be like a little harder Peter Green type stuff... I can't find a singer though! And I am going to talk to a couple instructors about some of their bass and drum students to see if there is anyone interested.

I want to be the band leader since I will be the songwriter and main guitarist. I have had a few guitarists ask me if they could be in my band but the 2 that have asked said they either wanted to sound like Pantera or Slipknot. I turned them down but the Slipknot kid said he might lose the distortion but he will still be playing with a Warlock and EMGs...

We will probably play a good mix of covers and originals.

I can play bass when I want to but I never do, I don't even own a bass. I can play some parts of Iron Man on the drums (Maybe just 10 seconds of it), and I can play basic piano stuff.

The last book and favorite book I've read was East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It was unbelievable. I just finished it a few days ago. I am usually into horror writers like H.P. Lovecraft but Mr. Steinbeck clearly has his thoughts straight.

Well, the classes I am taking right now are History vs. Hollywood, A.P. English, Pre-calculus, and Team Games (P.E.). My favorite class is probably Team Games just to goof off. I like A.P. English though it is pretty hard. My least favorite is Pre-calc. I don't overly like math even though I am very good at it. I will be taking Astronomy soon and it seems really interesting.

After school I will be going to college and probably double majoring in music and Business? I'm not sure about business yet... I have been thinking about accounting. However, I would love to be a session musician and I am getting really good at chord charts...

I wouldn't join the military just because I think that if you are really smart you don't need to be shooting at somebody, unless they personally did something. To you or your family.

I have been in Canada for about 3 hours before. It sucked because they had police search the car. They were looking for some big drug bust or something. The police took everything out of our suitcases and left it all over the back of the car... so we had to wait and then pack everything up again... They were searching everyones cars and everybody was really angry. I don't have a problem with Canada, it's just what happened.

Comment

Midnight sun? Please explain.......
                            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                              Midnight sun? Please explain.......
                              We come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs blow.

Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin.

I was trying to think of a title and I was listening to Led Zeppelin III, this song was the first one and I just typed it as the lyrics came.

Comment

Working...
                              X