finally got a new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally got a new amp

so some of you are aware of the story of how about a year and a half ago my Mesa Boogie mark IV got stolen... well the long process of working with the Police Department, detectives, guitar center, and all that crap...I finally got a new amp.

the person who stole the amp sold it to a guitar center in dallas, and I found out that the guitar center had had my amp at some point, well when they found out...they are required by law to reimburse me. so guitar center reimbursed me $1800, so at some point this july I ordered a Mesa Boogie Mark V...which came in this past tuesday..

it sounds great, definitely an improvement and I have such tonal variety at my fingertips (or should I say shoe tips?) with each channel, modes, wattage settings, and my own pedals...it's amazing.

of course...you can expect pictures shortly...and some band recordings shortly. I'm looking forward this sucker..

next in line is hopefully a bigger cabinet (i only have a 1X12) and then a road case to carry both my head and cabinet together. It's gonna be awesome

Re: finally got a new amp

Congratulations, Jim. The thief never had a chance against your team!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

amen to that...
      and he plead guilty too...so as far as ethics are concerned I'm happy he confessed.

Comment

All's well that ends well. And, by your reckoning it ended better than expected. Yay!

Did you know the thief?
        I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it left.

Comment

yeah I knew the thief somewhat well...I worked with him.
          what was weird is that some a friend of mine was really good friends with him, so it was weird for them.

Comment

Here's a clip of my new Mark 5, through my mesa 1x12 cab

the song is called "we need your truth"

it's with a band, but the sound isn't really affected too much.

Comment

Which guitar part is you?
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

all of them, we overdubbed different parts

Comment

CONGRTAZ ON YER NEW AMP !

. . . some pix please (w the guitar) !

James
                  Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal are interchangeable terms describing sub-genres of rock and metal music. Stoner rock is typically slow-to-mid tempo, low-tuned and bass-heavy. It incorporates elements of Psychedelic Rock, Blues-Rock and Doom Metal into a more repetitive and riff-centred style. Melodic vocals and 'retro' production are also common traits.

Gibson SG Special w. SD A2P's ->pedal board ->Bassman

Comment

Kick ass. The part around 3:00 reminds me a bit of Satch, especially when you hit the lower notes.
                    Originally posted by Guitarist
                    Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                    http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Sound great. Having an amp like that that can do so many tones has got to be great.

Comment

Sounds Mesa-rffic! Very nice playing, too, I might add.
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                        X