banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guest Luthier - Patrick Cummings of iGuitar (formerly Brian Moore Custom)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE NOW - Patrick Cummings of iGuitar (formerly Brian Moore Custom)

Given the nature of your research in computer/guitar interfaces, I think I have the most appropriate question. Please stare at the Seymour Duncan logo while answering, it will record your responses.

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise, Patrick. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back.

The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. You're not helping! Why is that, Patrick?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc_204tXHZY )
    Last edited by Jet-Jaguar; 09-16-2009, 11:51 AM.
    "Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
    - Marilyn Manson

Comment

You lost me there, Jet-Jaguar...
      Last edited by Evan Skopp; 09-16-2009, 11:53 AM. Reason: Ahhh Blade Runner. Nice.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
        Welcome to this forum and thanks for sharing your time. When I think of Brian Moore guitars I instantly think of high tech innovation. How do you plan to evolve the electric guitar in the future? Can we expect partnerships sharing technology between companies like Seymour Duncan and a company like Brian Moore Guitars or now your iGuitars company?
        Based on our issued patents, our next steps are built-in USB Midi and a complete USB wireless system

see patents #7,241,948, & 7,563,977

We will certainly work with Seymour Duncan on the magnetic pickups for our next genertion iGuitar.
        Patrick G. Cummings
        President
        iGuitar, Inc.
        www.iguitar.com
        [email protected]

Comment

a friend of mine has a semi hollow/hollow single cutaway brian moore and ive never seen another one like it. his name is Robert Gerhards but he goes by Cue most of the time. do you know what model im refering to? is it a total custom guitar? it looks almost like a thinline jazz box

Comment

Thank you very much for the informative reply!

Comment

Originally posted by ganzosrevenge View Post
              What was Brian Moore like as the name behind iGuitar

Can an iGuitar be played normally, guitar to amp,

What advice do you have for those of us who in the future may wish to implant computer-tech into a guitar, such as an onboard phaser or flanger

is there a product in the works that would let the guitar record and store itself (like an onboard recorder with a small flash drive) and then you can play that back through the guitar, and then play over yourself?

Jason
              Yes, the iGuitar has a standard 1/4" jack and can be played to a standard guitar amp. You can also plug stereo jack and send both magnetic and piezo acoustic to separate amps ( piezo sounds best through an acoustic amp or PA)

There are many types of devices that can be installed in a guitar, just be aware of how much current it draws lest you be changing batteries too often.

There are already some products out there with built in mp3 recorders such as the Ovation iDea guitar ( check their site for exact details)
              Patrick G. Cummings
              President
              iGuitar, Inc.
              www.iguitar.com
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                You lost me there, Jet-Jaguar...
                I edited my post to let everyone in on the joke.
                "Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
                - Marilyn Manson

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                  welcome, Patrick

i've been playing a brian moore i88.13 guitar (albeit a relatively low priced import) for years and enjoy it very much ...

do you have any plans to offer different neck carves, fingerboard radii, etc as options on your guitars?

also, how much of the tonal properties of the woods, pickups, etc come thru in the USB scenario? does the computer get the full variety of tones or is it more 'uniform' like DI-ing a piezo output ?
                  ---

The 88.13 is great budget guitar ( it does not have Duncans however )

---

Yes, we do various neck carves and radii in our custom shop

---

THe USB output is a CD audio quality reproduction of the guitars tone.
                  Patrick G. Cummings
                  President
                  iGuitar, Inc.
                  www.iguitar.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

The USB/Midi thing is what I am interested in. Will it carry a piezo signal too?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Cummings View Post
                      The 88.13 is great budget guitar ( it does not have Duncans however )
                      mine does - aftermarket AIIP and JB ... sperzels too ... and a p-type 5-way megaswitch

brian moore guitars / iguitars rock!

thanks for everything

t4d
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

patrick,
                        welcome to the forum & thanks for your time

you guys make some great-looking singlecut and doublecut models, but have you ever tried/considered making a "pointy" shaped model (flying V, explorer, etc.)?

would different shapes such as those present any difficulties for fitting in the additional electronics?

speaking of which, how much more room does that hardware take as opposed to a "regular" guitar?
                        Last edited by ex-250; 09-16-2009, 12:27 PM.
                        Originally posted by Aceman
                        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Quick apologies to the forum. Some of my responsibilities are keeping me from replying as quick as I would like but I will answer all questions! Thank you.
                          Do not worry about the delays! We are appreciate you doing this! Thank you once again.

Now some more questions....
                          Why was there a name change from Brian Moore Guitars to iGuitar?

With the name "iGuitar" has there been any heat from Apple? Considering they have the iPod, iPhone, etc....
                          Last edited by ericmeyer4; 09-16-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
                            Thanks Pat!

Do you think that USB / 13 pin / digital guitar technology is ever going to become more mainstream than it is now?

I often consider that the younger generation may be a great market for this type of tech; knowing that the young guys now are very hip to home recording, and playing with technology in the midst of music, but I still see a majority of young players walking out of the store with an Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender Frontman amp.

So, what do you think is necessary to get high tech guitars into the hands of young players?

Also, what do you think is necessary to get high-tech guitars into the hands of players like me (not young, not old, right in the middle!) who are conditioned to like tube amps and PAF pickups, but also have an inherent lean towards using technology to make things better as a function of the time we grew up in (dawn of the Information Age).

Again, big thanks, you da man, and welcome to the SDUGF!

-Hunter
                            Hunter,

Yes, we see iGuitar.USB becoming more mainstream as the computer continues to become the central place for recording and experimenting with musical ideas. We also see it becoming more mainstream and the primary input device for guitarists, the same way the USB keyboard is for keyboard players in classrooms and colleges all over the world.

As guitarists begin to use their computer more and more, for music education, recording and practicing they will need an easy way to connect
                            watch this 90 sec video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk3Vv65hLMI

Products advance and people expect things to improve.

We see a future where the basic guitars are made of the same stuff, ie; great tone woods, pickups and craftsmanship BUT with the EASY access to the computer, synth or iPhone!

Imagine two identical new cars both priced the same, except:
                            One has a build in CD player, GPS and a port for your iPod or music player,
                            The other identical car has none of these, which would you purchase?

I can tell you that one of things stopping various guitar technologies from becoming main stream is and has been: 'how easy is it for the guitar retailers to learn how to use it? '

Have you ever noticed that there is rarely a 13pin guitar set up in a GC or Ash store with a very knowledgeable guitar sales person right there?

Richard Ash, Sam Ash CEO told me very bluntly, that while they could sell an iGuitar at boutique shops like Mannys, they could not do it chain wide because it required us to train and re-train 15 guitars sales people at 60 stores (900 people at Ash and thousands at GC)

This became one of the driving forces of creating our patented 'plug and play' iGuitar.USB guitar - IT IS EASY for sales people and customers to use.
                            Patrick G. Cummings
                            President
                            iGuitar, Inc.
                            www.iguitar.com
                            [email protected]

Comment

Quick apologies to the forum. Some of my responsibilities are keeping me from replying as quick as I would like but I will answer all questions! Thank you.
                              Patrick G. Cummings
                              President
                              iGuitar, Inc.
                              www.iguitar.com
                              [email protected]

Comment

Hunter,

Products advance and people expect things to improve.
                                Thanks mate. I am with you all the way.
                                my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X