banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

i feel its time for yet another side project, so i just made up the page for this new band-

like everything i do, it definitely has a certain degree of caricature to it

it was born out of experimenting with bass tones and recording the bass track for BTO's "Not Fragile" with a really fat evil tone. it inspired me to make a whole project of it.

so who wants in? ill take any and all contributions. for this song, i already have MIDI drums and my bass track. so if you wanna throw on some guitar/vocals/keys/whatever, just let me know and ill send over the track. im away from home now but ill probably throw on some rhythm guitars when i get back
    Last edited by ex-250; 09-23-2009, 10:26 PM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

I'd definitely join! The bad thing is I live in Finland... But that would be great! I luv me some 70s
    Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
    Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
    Musicians are ****ing retards.
    Originally posted by ex-250
    Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

What you tuning to?

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
        What you tuning to?
        i did "not fragile" in E, but im thinking of doing down to D or Db for other stuff

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
        I'd definitely join! The bad thing is I live in Finland... But that would be great! I luv me some 70s
        no problem, none of this will be done in person anyway. just record crap and e-mail it.
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

If I can find my recording cable I'd like to add something... spacey. Gilmour-esuqe. ya know. And I could do a real bassline.
          Wes Montgomery is the cat.

New quote finally:
          "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
          -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by El CHupacabra View Post
            something... spacey. Gilmour-esuqe.

just what im looking for

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
              i feel its time for yet another side project, so i just made up the page for this new band-

like everything i do, it definitely has a certain degree of caricature to it

it was born out of experimenting with bass tones and recording the bass track for BTO's "Not Fragile" with a really fat evil tone. it inspired me to make a whole project of it.

so who wants in? ill take any and all contributions. for this song, i already have MIDI drums and my bass track. so if you wanna throw on some guitar/vocals/keys/whatever, just let me know and ill send over the track. im away from home now but ill probably throw on some rhythm guitars when i get back
              I really should read these posts more accurately...
              Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
              Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
              Musicians are ****ing retards.
              Originally posted by ex-250
              Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Do I have to start smoking weed and playing guitar really slow to be in this band?

Comment

i do neither, which is why im starting it. change of pace. haha

Comment

I'd want to be in if my life wasn't a steaming pile of dinosaur dung swarming with flies.

Comment

well whenever things get less dung-ly, feel free to join in on whatevers going on at the time

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                        well whenever things get less dung-ly, feel free to join in on whatevers going on at the time
                        awesome, thanks. got a huge work project right now, but it won't last forever.

Comment

alright cool. im aiming to have a revolving door on contributions on this thing.

so who wants to put something down for "not fragile"? guitar solos or vocals are the main things needed, though i think itd sound cool with some organ-sounding keyboard as well. ill post the track on here tomorrow or saturday for anybody who wants to add something

Comment

I'll have a go mate, although I've never tried writing in that style either.

Comment

due to my lack of any means of of procuring original drums, itll be all covers till something pops up. though i intent to rewrite some love songs to make them about dope rather than a woman. part of the caricature end of things, obviously
                              Last edited by ex-250; 09-25-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X