banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Downloading now. Never heard the original (name doesn't ring a bell) and haven't listened to anyone else's contributions, so I should be able to come in from an unbiased angle.

As well, I've got BFD 2 for drums, so if all you've got is a MIDI drum track, send me the file and I can get you some realistic drums going.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
      Are you gonna add vocals? Everdrone's the man for this!
      i'd like to have vocals, yes. but im probably far from the best choice to do them. never heard everdrone's, maybe i should go look some up

Since I liked Dank's solo I thought I'd do something else, so here's a little outro solo. Ended up using my Epi Black Beauty - A2Pro bridge/Phat Cat middle combo for it, worked way better than what I'd tried before.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8148111
      awesome. the doubled pulloffs definitely have the iommi vibe. and the intro thing is really cool.

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
      As well, I've got BFD 2 for drums, so if all you've got is a MIDI drum track, send me the file and I can get you some realistic drums going.
      really? that ****ing rules! i need to get something like that, i hate having to use those awful guitarpro drums (yes, thats how i get them, i export the drum track off guitarpro)
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

the drum track- https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z...ZEtVbTlFQlE9PQ
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Cool. What bpm was it set on?
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Comment

Uploading now.
              My Blog

Comment

Since I liked Dank's solo I thought I'd do something else, so here's a little outro solo. Ended up using my Epi Black Beauty - A2Pro bridge/Phat Cat middle combo for it, worked way better than what I'd tried before.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8148111
                wow, I like how it builds up as it goes along. very iommi-ish!

Comment

Having to redo it - there were cymbals missing

Uploading again to YouSendIt
                  My Blog

Comment

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

New drum track - 43,307,886 bytes (43MB wav)
                    My Blog

Comment

niiiiice. youre officially the band's drummer now i really like the sound of that, got kind of a "when the levee breaks"-esque hugeness to it.
                      Last edited by ex-250; 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Is there any other drum tone worth having?

Thanks
                        My Blog

Comment

Soooo, do we like go with the new drums overlaid onto the original track you posted (I can do it, but it's got a bit of a slapback, and there's a few minor tonal differences) or will you be re-doing the geetars with the new drums?
                          My Blog

Comment

....and if we're gonna add my solo I'll need to cut the beginning and redo the gits so they sound clearer, I just did a super quick scratch thing to test.

Comment

yeah, i overlaid the new drums and it doesnt fit exactly perfect timing-wise but i was gonna leave it cause im lazy. might as well redo the bass though, doesnt take long. and im definitely redoing the guitars, these drums sound huge vs. the old ones, so i need way more cut in the guitars.

ill get all my recording **** set up again and redo everything, probably post it later this evening and then you kids and do your stuff on that, then send me your raw tracks. sound like a plan?

also, anyone who participated in this (dank, diocletian, drnewc) earns the right to pick future songs. so everybody recommend a few and ill pick them from there.

Comment

dank, i added a simple little part before the solo break that really ties in your intro to the solo, so keep that when you do the final version. ill have it uploaded to yousendit momentarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X