banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
    I just redid my outro lead, hopefully you guys like it. I do, it worked out pretty nicely. Listening to Def Leppard today really helped me focus, the way Phil Collen emphasises the melody rather than just plays a million notes throughout his leads. If you get me?

Hey Ex-250 how'd you want me to get this to you so you can put it into your own program? I can put the solo alone into a wav file and send you that so it can slot in wherever it needs to.
    nice lead. fits to a T. I'm hoping to do mine tonight!

Comment

can I be a part of it?

Comment

gave a new dealio a shot:
        (rough mix)

3 separate waves in a zip here:

(they'll need to be mixed in, reverbed. has a limit of 10 downloads so if peeps just want to hear the mix, please go to soundclick, and don't download)

lemme know if it'll work.

ROCK

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          can I be a part of it?
          I don't think I'll have time for the next round, so there's one spot open!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            can I be a part of it?
            of course. we already have a bunch for this track, but i dont intend to stop doing this anytime soon. plenty more to work on after this one.

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
            gave a new dealio a shot:
            (rough mix)

3 separate waves in a zip here:

(they'll need to be mixed in, reverbed. has a limit of 10 downloads so if peeps just want to hear the mix, please go to soundclick, and don't download)

lemme know if it'll work.

ROCK
            downloading now. the soundclick track sounds incredibly badass.

ill check to see if the download worked tomorrow, just got back from KISS and need some sleep
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
              downloading now. the soundclick track sounds incredibly badass.

ill check to see if the download worked tomorrow, just got back from KISS and need some sleep
              there's a sorta flubbed note at the end - I can fix if it bothers you. If you like, I can upload the reverbed and/or mixed gits. I just used that free (Kjaerhus Audio) classic reverb (stock big' n bright setting for main solo, and stock room settings for the other 2. Guitar 1 was in the center at -0.91 db, Guitar 2 was 37% right at -3.6 db, and Guitar 3 was 15% left at -1.49 db). Gotta say, I love the classic series of effects, and I miss them with my mac (did this round with my work PC).

last night I realized I really like recording guitars with compression at the front end. seems to make them jump out more then applying compression after they're recorded.

anxious to hear it all put together, that'll be fun.
              Last edited by DankStar; 10-13-2009, 08:00 AM.

Comment

i also have the classic series effects, so ill just use your settings. i never use reverb on any of my stuff though, or compression. only effects i ever use are chorus and flanger on leads and chorus on vocals. my rhythm guitars are always just lone distortion. perhaps ill try dicking around with some effects like that later.
                It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

That solo was sweet Dank! Nice and melodic, suited the vibe perfectly.

Hey Ex-250 if you PM me your email addy I'll get my wee lead sent to you as a wav. file.

http://www.myspace.com/marchofalaric

Comment

PM'd

Comment

And replied. DOH!

Comment

just a speed bump. my idea should work.

Comment

We'll get round it somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Diocletian View Post
                            That solo was sweet Dank! Nice and melodic, suited the vibe perfectly.

Hey Ex-250 if you PM me your email addy I'll get my wee lead sent to you as a wav. file.
                            thanks man!

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                            i also have the classic series effects, so ill just use your settings. i never use reverb on any of my stuff though, or compression. only effects i ever use are chorus and flanger on leads and chorus on vocals. my rhythm guitars are always just lone distortion. perhaps ill try dicking around with some effects like that later.
                            wow, I couldn't survive without reverb on solos. but however you want to mix it is cool.
                            Last edited by DankStar; 10-13-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

i'll throw in just a hint of it on the POD for solos. usually ill have a phaser on or something anyhow, i love modulation on leads

Comment

yet another problem- my main harddrive died. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. so not only may all this stuff be gone forever, but one of my other projects' whole double-album that was nearly finished may be completely gone as well. this really really blows. im gonna see if i can recover it all with this transfer cable thing tomorrow or whenever i get it, hopefully it works

Comment

Working...
                                X