X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

Originally posted by Got_tone? View Post
    Not sure if anybody has asked this but.......

How did the Pete Dee custom sig guitar get started? Did he ask you guys or did you guys ask him?

Just wanna say, keep on making sweet guitars and kudos for using duncans in them.
    Bryan Wickmann ... our art guy here is a huge Adicts fan and brought Pete in. We all hit it off right away .. as he is a lovely guy with stories for days!
    We started talking aboug how cool it would be do offer an Adicts / Pete Dee model.
    After seeing the band play at our '08 Winter NAMM show concert ... I was sold. Probably one of the most enteraining bands I have ever seen live
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarcSchecter View Post
      @J Moose - I hear yeah, we hate to disappoint but pricing is always tough especially on USA Built stuff as we all know. As you said import stuff keeps going up and it prices out the USA built stuff. I too would like that to change and we some idea for the future to offer MORE affordable semi custom guitars.

As for Serial numbers depends how old, when the company changed hands we didn't get any of the records from the 70'and 80's.

I'm going to send you a PM though the site here...

Got any good STP stories?
      J. 'Moose' Kahrs
      mixer|producer|recordist
      mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
        That A7+ and the first CB-2000 that I bought were the only new guitars that I've ever bought. Every other one has been bought used/B-Stock. (And I've owned about 100 guitars over the years.) They were "I gotta get that!" guitars. Almost picked up a new Scorpion a few years ago, still wish I had.
        The Scorpion was our origianl B-B Baritone :

26.5 inch scale... dual rods for neck reinforcement... the works
        Similar to our BlackJack C-1 EX, which is still in our line
        Michael Ciravolo
        President
        Schecter Guitar Research
        www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

Man, that's some guitar love right there.
          Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by MCschecterPres View Post
            1- I personally favor a bigger neck. I think you will find the necks on our Diamond Series PT and PT Fastback (which is a GREAT guitar for those of you who have not seen or played.... maybe I can figure out how to post a pic!!)
            to be pretty faithful to the 80s era PTs

2- women? drinks? drugs ??

3 - probably has and has been bought by someone on this forum!!

OK here is our current Diamond Series PT and PT FastBack models:
            Michael Ciravolo
            President
            Schecter Guitar Research
            www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

@J Moose - STP

Well I have heard plenty of great ones I cant repeat, it must be tough as hell being in that band that's all I can say.

As for Robert, I can say without a doubt he has to be one of most talented and down to earth guys you could imagine. He is from NJ that has something to do with it!

One day he just sat in my office on the couch playing acoustic while we talked back and forth, after 15 minutes or so I was thinking what is he playing? it sounded like the next STP hit, but he tells me was just noodling around and doesn't even know what he played!!

I think I sat the next 20 minutes just as a fan listening to the amazing melodies and chords he played!
              Marc LaCorte - Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by MarcSchecter View Post
                @J Moose - STP

Well I have heard plenty of great ones I cant repeat, it must be tough as hell being in that band that's all I can say.

As for Robert, I can say without a doubt he has to be one of most talented and down to earth guys you could imagine. He is from NJ that has something to do with it!

One day he just sat in my office on the couch playing acoustic while we talked back and forth, after 15 minutes or so I was thinking what is he playing? it sounded like the next STP hit, but he tells me was just noodling around and doesn't even know what he played!!

I think I sat the next 20 minutes just as a fan listening to the amazing melodies and chords he played!
                and he is a 'handsome gentleman'
                Michael Ciravolo
                President
                Schecter Guitar Research
                www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

and he is a 'handsome gentleman'
                  Michael Ciravolo
                  President
                  Schecter Guitar Research
                  www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

ok ... since no one is asking Marc if he was THE Marc LaCorte in BILE ,.,.,, I am going to drop some pics of some interesting guitars over the past 10+ years...

the TWIN TRIBAL (B to B Bari on top ,,, standard on bottom)
                    Michael Ciravolo
                    President
                    Schecter Guitar Research
                    www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

TSH-1
                      dual Seymour Duncan Designed dual-tube Lipsticks (voiced by Mr. Skopp) and a roatary 'schecter selector' switch

Michael Ciravolo
                      President
                      Schecter Guitar Research
                      www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

1. I'm re-posting this one:
                        I love your guitar designs. They have a lot of vintage, elegant features on them while still looking very welcoming to shredders. I would be very grateful if you could write a little bit about the process of designing a new guitar in your company.

2. It's a little hard to ignore the whole relic/aged/distressed fashion going on right now in the guitar world. I've heard the opinions from a lot of players but I was always curios to know how guitar manufacturers regard it. For example, do you see it as a fad or something that is here to stay?

Also, I'd love to see a production line swamp ash PT model with a SC sized bridge pickup... just saying...

Thank you for your time here!
                        Last edited by JohnnyGuitar; 09-29-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I will ask myself this question.

"What is the guitar you had to ask yourself "what was I thinking' after putting it into production??

Answer:

B2-STEALTH

Last edited by MCschecterPres; 09-29-2009, 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                          Michael Ciravolo
                          President
                          Schecter Guitar Research
                          www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

First of all hello and thank you for doing this!
                            Like I said my very first contact with Schecter was in '06-'07 I think when I played an Omen 6 FR which completely annihilated an Ibby and a Jackson there only to find out that it cost HALF what either one did! However the guitar that stole my heart was the C-1 Hellraiser FR.

And here comes the question. I ALWAYS liked pretty much everything about the Hellraiser BUT the fact that it had actives. I cannot for the life of me mesh with how disconnected they are to the guitar's acoustic tone. What made it even worse was that I had found not one but two with exceptional acoustic properties none of which were getting through the amp.

This is sth I've also noticed with ESP too. How come there are no (or real few) high-end FR models with passives and it's EITHER hardtail passives OR FR with actives?

Also, I've REALLY liked the Stiletto and the Sunset models. Are there any plans on expanding with the first and/or introducing on a more regular basis the second?

Again thank you for doing this!
                            Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                            I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                            Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                            Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

TSH-1
                              dual Seymour Duncan Designed dual-tube Lipsticks (voiced by Mr. Skopp) and a roatary 'schecter selector' switch

Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.

Comment

@JohnnyGuitar

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
                                1. I'm re-posting this one:
                                I love your guitar designs. They have a lot of vintage, elegant features on them while still looking very welcoming to shredders. I would be very grateful if you could write a little bit about the process of designing a new guitar in your company.

Guitar building is not as easy as it may seem. In my opinion there some sorry looking guitars floating around out there. I know its tough to please everyone but we try to make something that is balanced. Schecter has lots of original shapes that have taken years to build a solid fanbase with so we usually start there. We listen to players and most importantly our artists and try to add the features they need along with predicting trends.

Sometimes you hit a brick wall because things have been done. Think of that time you think you wrote the best song ever then realized 2 days later you ripped off the Rolling Stones.

So we look at what may be missing in our line and then try to expand on it from the guitar shapes we already have or something new.

2. It's a little hard to ignore the whole relic/aged/distressed fashion going on right now in the guitar world. I've heard the opinions from a lot of players but I was always curios to know how guitar manufacturers regard it. For example, do you see it as a fad or something that is here to stay?

Fad, yes. I love Fender I do but when you have to sell the same thing over and over I can understand why it must be tough. They are limited to what they can do before people say, "Hey thats really weird why would Fender do that?" Things that Schecter can just get away with. Plus its a nice way to move damaged or 2nd inventory, just a guess!

and lastly why buy a "new" relic when you can go buy a real one for a around the same price.. seemed odd to me especially right now with so many people selling guitars cause they need some cash. just a random thought.

Also, I'd love to see a swamp ash PT model with a SC sized bridge pickup... just saying...

Our Custom shop can start on it tomorrow for you, just call your local dealer!
                                Seriously, we'll keep it in mind!!

Thank you for your time here!
                                Marc LaCorte - Vice President

Comment

Working...
                                X