X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
    First of all hello and thank you for doing this!
    Like I said my very first contact with Schecter was in '06-'07 I think when I played an Omen 6 FR which completely annihilated an Ibby and a Jackson there only to find out that it cost HALF what either one did! However the guitar that stole my heart was the C-1 Hellraiser FR.

And here comes the question. I ALWAYS liked pretty much everything about the Hellraiser BUT the fact that it had actives. I cannot for the life of me mesh with how disconnected they are to the guitar's acoustic tone. What made it even worse was that I had found not one but two with exceptional acoustic properties none of which were getting through the amp.

This is sth I've also noticed with ESP too. How come there are no (or real few) high-end FR models with passives and it's EITHER hardtail passives OR FR with actives?

Also, I've REALLY liked the Stiletto and the Sunset models. Are there any plans on expanding with the first and/or introducing on a more regular basis the second?

Again thank you for doing this!
    we have always offered the SEYMOUR DUNCAN JB/'59 loaded BLACKJACK C-1 FR ... set neck, original FR, etc.. GREAT GUITAR!

I know the 'card' inlay is not for everyone ... so it will be redisigned and avail JAN 2010 as the C-1 FR Standard and C-1 FR Custom.

You may also be able to find a 'dot inlay' 2008 version too.

Here is the 2009 version:
    Michael Ciravolo
    President
    Schecter Guitar Research
    www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
      Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.
      12 yes but not in gold, that I recall..

I think i have seen tooooo many guitars in my life
      Marc LaCorte - Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by dd12939 View Post
        Wasn't there a 12-String version of this? I feel like i fell in love with a gold-top 12-string like that a long time ago.
        yes.. we did offer the TSH-12.

Here is our current electic 12... the Stargazer-12

Michael Ciravolo
        President
        Schecter Guitar Research
        www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

No question really just wanted to comment on the best bass I ever owned.

I had a mid-80's Schecter Tele bass with a P/J setup I bought new in '85 or so I guess. That bass was unreal, a piano-like tone that was enormous! I stopped playing bass and switched to guitar f/t and sold it many years ago when things were tight, I miss it all the time. The stupid things you do to survive.....

Like those Ultra's btw - you need one with some SD Mini-hums in it, real vintage looking would be fine.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I know ya'll got some pictures of the ultra crazy custom shop stuff...
            J. 'Moose' Kahrs
            mixer|producer|recordist
            mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by MCschecterPres View Post
              1- I personally favor a bigger neck. I think you will find the necks on our Diamond Series PT and PT Fastback (which is a GREAT guitar for those of you who have not seen or played.... maybe I can figure out how to post a pic!!)
              to be pretty faithful to the 80s era PTs
              I have a Diamond Series PT and it definitely doesn't have a shredder neck, great guitar, especially for the deal Jason at DCGL sold it to me for.

I also used to own a Stilleto Studio bass, great sounding and playing bass, wish I still had it but I sold it to buy a 5 string (shoulda got a Stilleto 5).

I understand that the manufacturing of some or all of the Diamond Series is now moving away from Korea to China(?) or Indonesia(?). Is Korea becoming the "new Japan"? The quality of new guitars coming from Korea is definitely "up there" now.
              Last edited by devastone; 09-29-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCschecterPres View Post
                ok ... since no one is asking Marc if he was THE Marc LaCorte in BILE
                One of the 5 string guitar endorsees, right?

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

@devastone

You are quite Correct the Korean stuff has really gotten good, I wouldn't say on par with Japan but for the price, its well worth it. China and Indonesia will for better or worse play bigger roles in the industry and there are some great places making guitars. It will only get better with time.
                  Marc LaCorte - Vice President

Comment

I'll have to check out the Diamond and Fastback. I felt the goldtop's neck was fairly shredder-y when I bought it, but it ended up with the Fender neck so as to approximate Townsend's "Live Aid" goldtop. (Heads out door to see if local dealer Northern Music has any PTs in stock.)
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

• Re: LIVE NOW - Guest Luthier Series - Schecter Guitar Research

another cool 'gem' ... less than 10 of these made ... custom shop only
                      Hellcat-X (orginally the Spitfire-10) ....
                      Michael Ciravolo
                      President
                      Schecter Guitar Research
                      www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

have you ever seen that movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

dont you think the actor that plays Casey Jones (Elias Koteas) looks a LOT like Robert DeNiro?

I always thought that.
                        http://www.iainstone.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                          No question really just wanted to comment on the best bass I ever owned.

I had a mid-80's Schecter Tele bass with a P/J setup I bought new in '85 or so I guess. That bass was unreal, a piano-like tone that was enormous! I stopped playing bass and switched to guitar f/t and sold it many years ago when things were tight, I miss it all the time. The stupid things you do to survive.....

Like those Ultra's btw - you need one with some SD Mini-hums in it, real vintage looking would be fine.
                          Like this? This is our current ULTRA-III Bigsby trem and 3 Duncan FG-101 mini hums and sort of a 'brian may' styel series/off/parallel switching system

Michael Ciravolo
                          President
                          Schecter Guitar Research
                          www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

what is the ratio of time working on the "cool stuff" to time spent running a business for you guys? ... any myths about working for a guitar company that you want to dispel? ... any perks you want to confirm?
                            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by MarcSchecter View Post
                              @devastone

You are quite Correct the Korean stuff has really gotten good, I wouldn't say on par with Japan but for the price, its well worth it. China and Indonesia will for better or worse play bigger roles in the industry and there are some great places making guitars. It will only get better with time.
                              as a guitar manufacturer... you need to use a factory for QUALITY .. not just price. Many have forgotten that also.
                              Michael Ciravolo
                              President
                              Schecter Guitar Research
                              www.schecterguitars.com

Comment

Re-Posted from page 1:

Good Morning! I have some questions for you;

Wikipedia says that you were working at Sunset Custom in 1987 as one of the few retailers that sold Schecter guitars, and that in 1996 Hisatake Shibuya asked you to become president and run the company. Can you give us a brief rundown of how your business relationship with him developed during those times?

Is David Schecter still involved with the company? If so, on what level?

And finally... I'm in college working on my degree currently and I plan to relocate to LA to establish a career in the music industry. What does Schecter look for in potential employees? I can make a mean cup of coffee if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Comment

Working...
                                X