This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTL Drive 2nd Run!

LOTTERY IS CLOSED! WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED ON MONDAY!

ANOTHER UPDATE: I am donating $10 from every FTL Drive to Lew's Cancer Fund. Get yourself a great overdrive pedal AND help out a great guy!

I am now taking orders for the 2nd run of FTL Drives!

Many of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Some of you have even been bugging me for the past few months to start this up again. For those of you who are new to the FTL Drive, here are some links to get you in the loop.

The original thread where I had the idea: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=154404

Demo video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqECIyBJU_Q

Thread chronicling the first run: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=167336

pinto79's review: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=169815

More reviews: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=170286

Changes for 2nd Run: The control layout will be different. This was the number one complaint for first run users, and truthfully I could have done it much better. The controls themselves will not change, but they will be in a different position. Basically, the Presence knob will move down to the 2nd row with the Colour and Fat controls, and the knobs will be evenly spaced apart. The enclosure size will not change, nor will the jack placement. In fact, other than control layout, this will be exactly the same as the first run.

Price: $170 shipped to Canada or Continental USA. $200 shipped to EU. Other locales please inquire. All prices in US Dollars. Paypal preferred. Please inquire about other payment methods if Paypal is absolutely impossible for you.

Ordering Process: Because of the amount of people interested in an FTL Drive, and the limitations of me building pedals myself in my house, I will be doing a lottery for the 2nd run. This is necessary in order to ensure everyone who is interested has a fair and equal chance of getting a pedal. Here's how it works:

1. You e-mail me at [email protected] with your name and e-mail address. Please include "FTL Drive" in the subject line. DO NOT PM ME. My PM box fills up too quickly. If you PM me, your order will be ignored.

2. At 9 PM Pacific Time on Friday October 30, I will cut off the ordering. I will then ask my computer to randomly select twelve names from the entries I've received. Those people will be contacted, and given my Paypal address.

3. If I contact you, it means you have 48 hours to make payment or you won't get a pedal. If I don't hear from you within 48 hours, I randomly select someone else and contact them. They will also have 48 hours to make payment.

4. Once you have paid in full, I will send you another e-mail to confirm your order details and your address. You will receive your FTL Drive when they are done (most likely early-mid December).

Important Note for 1st Run Customers: Those of you intrepid adventurers who currently own FTL Drives are welcome to enter the lottery for another one. However, please understand that in order to be fair, I have to give your order lower priority than everyone else. That means you probably won't get a pedal unless I don't get enough orders from the rest of the forum. I apologize, and I hope you understand.

Again, if you want an FTL Drive, please e-mail your full name and e-mail address to [email protected] before 9 PM Pacific on October 30.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or e-mail them to [email protected] .

Thanks! I'm looking forward to building some more great pedals!
    Last edited by ratherdashing; 10-31-2009, 02:30 AM.
    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Re: FTL Drive 2nd Run!

*bumpity*
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

What are your final specs?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or e-mail them to [email protected] .
        dude, that's gotta be the most confusing email I've ever seen... congrats!

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

I'm assuming it's a temp email that forwards to one of his until he disables it. That way he doesn't get perma-spammed from posting his email.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            What are your final specs?
            - Two-channel overdrive pedal loosely based on the TS-808 circuit
            - Two foot-switches: bypass (true mechanical bypass), and boost (switches channels)
            - Red channel has more gain and also turns on the Colour control, which lets you go from smoother OD to harder crunch. This gives you two OD sounds in one box.
            - Clip select switch allows you to choose from six different types of clipping, including classic TS-808 mode, asymmetrical clipping, LEDs, MOSFETs, rectifier clipping, and clean boost mode.
            - Unique tone stack has a Tone knob that boosts lows (from 0 to 50%) or high mids (from 50% to 100%), and a Presence knob that boosts highs only.
            - Fat switch boosts clipping in the lows and low mids for a big, chunky tone. Palm mutes will knock walls down!
            - Tons of headroom for solo boosts etc.
            - Runs on 9V battery, or DC power supply up to 18V.
            - Built using only top-quality parts inside a rugged aluminum enclosure. Tone is not sacrificed to save money!
            - Built with pride in Canada.
            - RoHS compliant for our EU friends (and the environment!)

Comment

Originally posted by andrizzle View Post
              dude, that's gotta be the most confusing email I've ever seen... congrats!
              Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              I'm assuming it's a temp email that forwards to one of his until he disables it. That way he doesn't get perma-spammed from posting his email.
              Correct. It forwards to my gmail, but it will expire in a month. This is for spam protection, and also so I don't get people constantly trying to get a pedal long after the ordering is done.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                Correct. It forwards to my gmail, but it will expire in a month. This is for spam protection, and also so I don't get people constantly trying to get a pedal long after the ordering is done.
                AHA! brilliant!

www.guardiancustoms.com

Comment

I almost forgot!

If you want a Hoss Swirl Finish on your FTL Drive, that can definitely be done (for an extra charge)! Hoss has agreed to do it, but we are still working out the details. Price will be announced soon.

Comment

****!

This always happens when I have no money.

Oh well, next run I guess...
                    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                      ****!

This always happens when I have no money.

Oh well, next run I guess...
                      I should point out in all honesty that it is very possible that this will be the last run of FTL Drives you will see in a long time, possibly ever.

If anyone is on the fence about getting one right now, I strongly suggest you go for it!

Comment

Man, I need to find some stuff to sell quickly!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Emailing.

Comment