This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXV (i guess?): How to Rock featuring Xee F. Face

Do you believe any modern "emo" bands are actually comprised of good musicians that just play trendy music?

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      Tell us about your signature model.

Been kickin around some ideas with my buddy Wendell from J. Nunis guitars to get an SG specifically designed for low tunings built...not a baritone-scale or anything, just a reinforced neck so i can use .13-.68's on it without feeling like the neck is gonna warp...

So y'know...five-piece black limba neck with walnut or maple or possibly ebony skunk stripes....neck-thru construction...black limba body...string-thru body, tune-o-matic bridge...probably P-Rails...

The most distinctive thing about it is it's gonna be a left-handed SG body, strung up righty...so the slightly longer horn is on the bottom. Doesn't sound like a big deal but it looks really frickin cool. Probably do a purple stain finish on that one...
      woah, !!

but i was actually speaking of the SG-X.

Comment

Hey Empty! I have not been to the well lately, so let me see what we can pull up!

Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul?

Vincent, St. John, Kulick, or Thayer?

Biggest professional Gear whore on the planet?

Worst album a band you loved ever made?

Favorite omelette?

Corvette - cool ride, or over 50 doosh-mobile? And what was the coolest vette ever made?

Where do you stand on Cobain (beside on his grave in Seattle)?

What thing is it you can't believe Gibson has not done with the Les Paul production line?

Name the 5 best Heavy Metal bands, one each from 60's 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's

Pantaloons - what is your position?

Secret total ghey tarded chic song that you love?

Last time that you got some action, and which one of you got to the finish first?

Favorite Cheesesteak

Forum member who should most be immortalized by a named signiture pup - and how would it sound tone/output wise?

What effect would you like to see exist that doesn't?

Chic over 50 you would like to tag?

Solo you wish you could play?
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by empty pockets View Post
          1956 gibson les paul custom. You tell me why:
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Do you like cheese? If so, what is your favorite cheese?
            What is your favorite Indian dish? (I know that it probably isn't authentic, but that doesn't matter)
            Would you rather have cookies or brownies?
            What is your favorite Alice in Chains album?

Comment

We seem to have similar tastes in music and yet we've never had much forum dialogue with each other, what's up with that?

What's your real name?

Do you like living in Atlanta? Do you plan on moving somewhere else at some point?
              Facebook - My facebook page
              Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                Whats a good way to EQ my band?

im going with the mids on 5 and my lead player has em on 10.

good?
                Use your ears, not your eyes.

Do you believe any modern "emo" bands are actually comprised of good musicians that just play trendy music?
                Absolutely. Furthermore, i think some modern emo bands are comprised of good musicians who think emo is good music. You can be good and skilled with music and still lack taste...

Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
                Do you think pigs can be taught to play the guitar?

Could you teach folk-pop singer Meiko to strap on an electric and rock out?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/trustyourears/R...iko+BW.JPG.jpg
                Yeah I saw a band that was all cops one time, called Pigs in a Blanket. And I think Tattooed Carrot is a cop too so, of course they can play guitar.

Meiko looks like she's more interested in the Scripture than she is in rocking out. Her loss; i'll spend my time on girls with drug problems thank you very much.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Hey Empty! I have not been to the well lately, so let me see what we can pull up!

Ace, Gene, Peter, or Paul?

Bobby Liebling.

Vincent, St. John, Kulick, or Thayer?

Who?

Biggest professional Gear whore on the planet?

Gibbons

Worst album a band you loved ever made?

I hate how Rancid went all Good Charlotte on that last one.

Favorite omelette?

One without too many onions.

Corvette - cool ride, or over 50 doosh-mobile? And what was the coolest vette ever made?

They all look the same to me man.

Where do you stand on Cobain (beside on his grave in Seattle)?

Hero, role-model, bad-ass, ****-up, failure. Responsible for making punk rock mainstream. ******bag. The Last Rock Star.

What thing is it you can't believe Gibson has not done with the Les Paul production line?

Vampyro Margaritaburst on the Xander Face Custom

Name the 5 best Heavy Metal bands, one each from 60's 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's

The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Converge, High On Fire

Pantaloons - what is your position?

i'm so hood
                i wear my pants below my waist
                and i never dance when i'm in this place
                cuz you and yer man is plannin to hate
                i'm so hood

Secret total ghey tarded chic song that you love?

Weezer..."What's It Gonna Be?" by Busta Rhymes featuring Janet Jackson...everything by that dude Drake.

Last time that you got some action, and which one of you got to the finish first?

Last night...ladies first, always man...what were you raised in a barn?

Favorite Cheesesteak

Cheesesteak Sushi:

Forum member who should most be immortalized by a named signiture pup - and how would it sound tone/output wise?

Gearjoneser...it's a Pearly Gates done Seth Lover style.

or Jolly...it's a Jazz that's been soaked in Dickel.

What effect would you like to see exist that doesn't?

A whammy pedal that sounds good.

Chic over 50 you would like to tag?

I dunno, how old is Gwen Stefani? Cuz i mean...i'll wait

Solo you wish you could play?

y'know that one that goes MEEDLY MEEDLY MEE WEEWAHHHDOWNAHANAHAN MEEDLY MAHMAHMAAOOOOWWWWW

frickin rocks

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                i know right?

Originally posted by firebirdV View Post
                Do you like cheese? If so, what is your favorite cheese?
                What is your favorite Indian dish? (I know that it probably isn't authentic, but that doesn't matter)
                Would you rather have cookies or brownies?
                What is your favorite Alice in Chains album?
                Yeah it's alright. Bleu cheese is best for throwing.

I don't really eat indian food often so i'd say that spicey meat with tons of gravy all over it.

brownies.

dirt

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                We seem to have similar tastes in music and yet we've never had much forum dialogue with each other, what's up with that?

What's your real name?

Do you like living in Atlanta? Do you plan on moving somewhere else at some point?
                i dunno man...what IS up wit dat...

1dreadxee aka the diabolical xander f. face

ATL is a-OK but i am not used to staying anywhere more than 2 years...who knows?
                Last edited by Empty Pockets; 10-06-2009, 06:09 PM.
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

what's with the 2 year thing?

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

ATL is a-OK but i am not used to staying anywhere more than 2 years...who knows?
                      ^

Comment

oh i dunno. i move a lot.

Comment

Which guitar company do you think is most underrated?
                          Which company is less known than Fender and Gibson, but makes a product of similar quality?

Comment

1) I think it was you that posted about setting your girlfreind's hair on fire moments before you lost your virginity...... can you share that story with us?

2) W/ all the punk I've heard you talk about, i don't remember seeing the Dead Kennedys mentioned....any love for them or Eastbay Ray?

3) What's your major in school?

4) Any travel aspirations?....to visit or live awhile?

Comment

Which guitar company do you think is most underrated?
                              Which company is less known than Fender and Gibson, but makes a product of similar quality?
                              Underrated? That's kind of a weird question. Most companies I know about do their version of the Gibson thing, their version of the Fender thing or their version of the Ibanez / Jackson modern guitar thing...then have them produced en masse in the same factories that Epiphones and Squiers and cheap Ibanez come from...so i'll just say First Act cuz I hear they have a cool custom shop.

As for less known and same quality...i'd say most of the underground companies i was referring to just now...making a guitar isn't rocket science, but the two big names kind of have it locked down. I do really like Heritage, Edwards / ESP and those other offbrands...

Originally posted by elscorcho View Post
                              1) I think it was you that posted about setting your girlfreind's hair on fire moments before you lost your virginity...... can you share that story with us?

2) W/ all the punk I've heard you talk about, i don't remember seeing the Dead Kennedys mentioned....any love for them or Eastbay Ray?

3) What's your major in school?

4) Any travel aspirations?....to visit or live awhile?
                              1) I dunno the forum rules about under-age drinking and drug use so I'm hesitant to go into detail...let's just say i was tryin to give her a light and she flipped her bangs forward and WOOSHH!!

had to smack her in the face with a pillow a few times...it didn't look that bad afterwards either...

2) I definitely love DK...East Bay Ray is cool but man have you heard Jello Biafra and the Melvins? It's like DK perfected.

3) Business. I just want to figure out how to get money to flow in my general direction.

4) I'm going to own / see the world one day. Hopefully most of outer space too.

Comment

2) I definitely love DK...East Bay Ray is cool but man have you heard Jello Biafra and the Melvins? It's like DK perfected.
                                nope ... i'll ckeck it out for sure.....was it released as "melvins" or something else?

....cool well so far btw.....

Comment

Working...
                                X