This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Well LXXXV (i guess?): How to Rock featuring Xee F. Face

There are two albums and the band is "Jello Biafra and the Melvins." Released in like 05ish? I could find you a torrent.

This would be the ultimate well if people would stop ignoring it! hahaha
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

schecters, EP. yay or nay?

Comment

Nay. Not into the 'modern guitar' thing...tons of curly maple, EMGs, abalone...i mean they're not bad quality and they have a few good designs...defintely nice for the money but...i've always preferred Fender and Gibson to basically everything else.

Comment

so if you like seafood and nice furniture you'd probably like them, then?

what about the set-neck hollowbody teles, seen those?
          what are your thoughts on redesigns like he aerodyne tele and the lightened vs chambered vs full solid LPs etc?

with your fingers? the guitar, i mean

eastwood? electromatic?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
            (1) so if you like seafood and nice furniture you'd probably like them, then?

(2) what about the set-neck hollowbody teles, seen those?
            what are your thoughts on redesigns like he aerodyne tele and the lightened vs chambered vs full solid LPs etc?

(3) with your fingers? the guitar, i mean

(4) eastwood? electromatic?
            1. No i like seafood and nice furniture. I jus don't like Schecters.

2. Redesigns are great for sure...there are millions of ways to make a great guitar...but i like nice solidbody Les Pauls and Telecasters with normal single coils...ES335's for semihollow tones... etc.

3. What? I mean...huh?

4. Never tried Eastwood, and Electromatics are spotty at best. I had to get one customer three replacements for his G6120 because each one had stupid problems right outta the box...

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
              1. No i like seafood and nice furniture. I jus don't like Schecters.

2. Redesigns are great for sure...there are millions of ways to make a great guitar...but i like nice solidbody Les Pauls and Telecasters with normal single coils...ES335's for semihollow tones... etc.

3. What? I mean...huh?

4. Never tried Eastwood, and Electromatics are spotty at best. I had to get one customer three replacements for his G6120 because each one had stupid problems right outta the box...
              thanks, good info. i don't really like over-furnishing but thought i might like schecters

Comment

What are the perks of working at a music store?
                Does the store throw out gear? (broken or otherwise?)

I remember reading a thread here some time ago about someone who went through a music store dumpster and found some stuff. JW.

Comment

Re: Q

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  I actually used to prefer treble to lowend when i was playing more punk and ska...in those types of bands i was either just doing the barre chord upstroke thing or the DS-1 Green Day kinda thing and had a bassist tryin to impersonate Matt Freeman the whole time so my guitar was more aimed at the high / high mids.
                  what kinda gear did you rock when you played this stuff? it's all i like to play these days
                  Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                  ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

As you're 20 something, I guess you know everything?

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by grumpy
                    I like solid state amps.

Yeah but I have a feeling if money wasn't an option and you had your choice of any number of different amplifiers, you would never settle for a solidstate amp. Any tones they're capable of, some tube amp somewhere does better.
                    Roland Jazz Chorus 120

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VERADO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-16.jpg[/IMG]

This Amp range is older than you and one of the most popular made. A lot of people would/do use one of these with a "dirtier" amp as well. They still do.
                    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                      What are the perks of working at a music store?
                      Does the store throw out gear? (broken or otherwise?)

I remember reading a thread here some time ago about someone who went through a music store dumpster and found some stuff. JW.
                      Perks? Discounts, occasional freebies, connections, paychecks, first dibs on cool used stuff, and gettin to talk gear and music with gearheads and musicians all day every day.

When stuff breaks we usually finish breaking it and give the parts to the tech guy. I almost bought a epiphone dot that the head broke off of a few weeks ago but "cost" is still more than "free" for a broken guitar y'know?

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
                      what kinda gear did you rock when you played this stuff? it's all i like to play these days
                      The same stuff I use now except i didn't have my Gibsons back then. Strat -- DS-1 -- Bassman half stack...

Y'know, if it's not broke, why fix it?

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                      As you're 20 something, I guess you know everything?

Roland Jazz Chorus 120

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/VERADO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-16.jpg[/IMG]

This Amp range is older than you and one of the most popular made. A lot of people would/do use one of these with a "dirtier" amp as well. They still do.
                      Never said I know everything, but I DO know what a ****ing Roland Jazz Chorus is. We have one in my shop and it sounds dull, lifeless and sterile. Great for an 80'sesque clean tone drenched in delay and reverb, bad if you like to sound good.

When I want a clean tone, i like a Fender Deluxe or possibly a Twin or something along those lines...something that has some kind of feel or response. That Roland is way too surgical for me.

So you're 50 something so you know everything right? Cuz this amp line is older than you are and tons of pros still love them:

and they don't sound like boring lifeless crap either

EDIT: Sorry if that response seemed kinda edgy / ********ed. I'll try to stop posting on the forum before getting out of bed.
                      Last edited by Empty Pockets; 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

+1 on the sterile roland.

have you ever played a fender hotrod deville or deluxe?

Comment

If you could have everyone listen to one album, what would it be?
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Polythene Pam

or

Lady Madonna
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                              +1 on the sterile roland.

have you ever played a fender hotrod deville or deluxe?
                              Yeah. They a'ight.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              If you could have everyone listen to one album, what would it be?
                              Agoraphobic Nosebleed's 'Altered States of America'

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
                              Polythene Pam

or

Lady Madonna
                              "Lady Madonna"

Comment

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****?

Comment

Working...
                                X