Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson '62 SG Reissue For Sale

Originally posted by krall View Post
    These were made between '87-'90. Ultra fast thin neck.
    Just out of curiousity.

I have a 1998 SG Std. The neck is a 50s profile, and to me it's fat. To others, this might be considered thin compared to, say, and R7.

How thin is thin? Would you say this neck is as thin as an LP Classic? An LP Std. with a 60s neck?

If you haven't compared directly against other necks that's fine; please don't speculate or guess. I wish I could just come over and take a look/feel.

I'm a stickler for a thin neck and that's the only reason my 1998 SG Std. doesn't get played more. I love everything else about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Just out of curiousity.

I have a 1998 SG Std. The neck is a 50s profile, and to me it's fat. To others, this might be considered thin compared to, say, and R7.

How thin is thin? Would you say this neck is as thin as an LP Classic? An LP Std. with a 60s neck?

If you haven't compared directly against other necks that's fine; please don't speculate or guess. I wish I could just come over and take a look/feel.

I'm a stickler for a thin neck and that's the only reason my 1998 SG Std. doesn't get played more. I love everything else about it.
      This neck is the thinnest/sleekest/fastest I've ever encountered on a Gibson (LP or SG)..I don't know how else to call it! It's definitely thinner/faster than current Standard SG's. Hope that helps!

Comment

I've no chance of buying it but it looks wonderful. There's nothing that plays, sounds or looks better than a good SG.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

It's a shame you're not doing trades man, or I would drop a serious offer on that thing.

Amazing guitar, I just gotta say it again.
            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Still available!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Still available!

Comment

Wow. Just wow. If only I wasn't so strapped. I'm just another useless, flat broke tire kicker, but ya got a bump from it.
                      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Still available!

Comment

Working...
                        X