"All I Hold" Vox Tonelab ST, Addictive Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "All I Hold" Vox Tonelab ST, Addictive Drums

I recorded this using a Vox Tonelab ST and a Dean Markley guitar pretty much the stock patches. The song was written on guitar with a capo on the first fret and recorded with and without the capo.

It's still a work in progress for the vocals and mix but the guitars are set.

All I Hold
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Re: "All I Hold" Vox Tonelab ST, Addictive Drums

I think I'm finished.

The Times We Had" (All I Hold)
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Im really impressed with your songwriting and tastefulness in synth, seems like youve come a long way from when I was more critical... but then I remember your "were in the fire now" song that rocks from 2 years back which was pretty awesome I want the lyrics "the times we had" to be more strong and present and sound bigger - they sound strained as if your reaching up to hit the high notes instead of moving down - Im trying to describe something you cant see which is how you hit high notes..., then you go into the octave thing that is not a strenght sort of tone...I dig the octave harmony on vox and that the lyrics have mass appeal and fit your age bracket. well done, fits the genre.

sounds pretty awesome dude!!!!

Comment

Ah man I dig that creeping frosty pull this tune has....
        Still reminds of that sound we heard on old New Wave, that was in the more dark end of the spectrum...
        Love that big fat sound you get.
        The synths are great....
        Guitars sounds present and nicely distant at the same time....cool!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
          Im really impressed with your songwriting and tastefulness in synth, seems like youve come a long way from when I was more critical... but then I remember your "were in the fire now" song that rocks from 2 years back which was pretty awesome I want the lyrics "the times we had" to be more strong and present and sound bigger - they sound strained as if your reaching up to hit the high notes instead of moving down - Im trying to describe something you cant see which is how you hit high notes..., then you go into the octave thing that is not a strenght sort of tone...I dig the octave harmony on vox and that the lyrics have mass appeal and fit your age bracket. well done, fits the genre.

sounds pretty awesome dude!!!!
          Thanks for the good critique everdrone, all useful stuff. I had a tough time with the vocals on this, it's not my key and I was stuck between "should I sing hgh here or low" - it's at the top of my range for sure in parts. I'm also trying to write age appropriate so I guess that worked? I would double track the strained parts but my computer can't handle any more tracks.

Thanks again, keep the crits coming.
          Pulse 2AM - YouTube
          Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
            Ah man I dig that creeping frosty pull this tune has....
            Still reminds of that sound we heard on old New Wave, that was in the more dark end of the spectrum...
            Love that big fat sound you get.
            The synths are great....
            Guitars sounds present and nicely distant at the same time....cool!
            That is exactly what I was thinking! Granted, I'm a rock and metalhead, but I love new wave and music like this. Good stuff man. The guitars are recorded VERY well and blend with the synths beautifully. This kinda has a mix of both spaciousness AND a wall of sound, if you can understand what I'm trying to say.
            My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
            or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
            http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
            700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

this tune sounds great!

I hear ya on more tracks and vocal straining. A trick I use to get more tracks is to make an mp3 of the song without vocals. then open a separate DAW window and lay down all the vocal tracks. then render the vocal tracks in a very high quality. then take the high quality vocals and combine them with the rest of the instruments. For vocals its hard to help if not in person. there is the pasadjo where it should feel like a key is turning and then you can hit the high falsetto notes without straining upward; but this takes practice and special exercises. you might want to hit a 5th instead of the root high notes for that passage. you want to pretend your submerging a beach ball underwater when your singing, hit the notes from a little sharp going down as opposed to flat and pushing up. Its amazing how the vocals is the key ingredient in most songs even if stylistic; moreso than lyrics and instruments many times. Im sure you know this stuff anyway hope this helps some, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                That is exactly what I was thinking! Granted, I'm a rock and metalhead, but I love new wave and music like this. Good stuff man. The guitars are recorded VERY well and blend with the synths beautifully. This kinda has a mix of both spaciousness AND a wall of sound, if you can understand what I'm trying to say.
                Thanks for listening and the comments 75LP! I appreciate it. It's funny there is only 21 tracks but those synths take a lot of band width.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                X