banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great December 2009 Riff-Off Unveiling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Great December 2009 Riff-Off Unveiling!

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
    dude, i totally thought you were going to beat me the first round! everything about your riff seemed leagues above what i did the first round

Thanks...lol

That riff is one that didn't make it into the tune I wrote it for. In my signature, check out the soundclick tracks, and play Firebottle Boogie(demo--my guitar track is a throw-away here). You'll hear the pull-off thing at the end of the figure, but I thought this riff was a bit busy for the tune.
    Last edited by guitfiddle; 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

i didn't use a drum track necessarily.... but my mic'ing was so bad you could hear my interface's metronome in the background on the first two tracks
      well a metronome works too - -I just find having a snare drum to lock on to works for me.
      my soundclick page

Comment

Stellar work, gents.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Eddie Vedder Round 2: "404 Error"
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
            Eddie Vedder Round 2: "404 Error"
            i'm sure keith just forgot about Eddie not turning his riff in and posted it's link to have been.
            Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
            ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

i'm sure keith just forgot about Eddie not turning his riff in and posted it's link to have been.
              Correct.
              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
              I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by GoDrex View Post
                well a metronome works too - -I just find having a snare drum to lock on to works for me.
                i just go for a straight beep or click, anything other than that screws with my up and down beats since i've got ska up-strokes deeply embedded into my thought process when when playing.
                Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I forgot to mention before that it means a lot to me that so many people liked what I came up with for this contest. This is obviously a place with people that love electric guitar and guitar music and gear and tone and all that stuff (like I do). I've had a love hate relationship with guitar and gear (mostly love) and have been enjoying it more lately than ever before. I'm still trying to learn and improve and this contest was definitely a part of that. I've never considered myself to be creative and I have to force myself to do it. I envy those that have a burning desire to express themselves and play music. The things I've recorded that I'm proud of are things that I made myself do just to see if I could actually create something that I would like to hear, because I don't feel creative but I love playing guitar. And I feel like making up a cool riff is not an easy thing to do. So many great ones have already been done! Anyway, thanks again to everyone involved.
                  my soundclick page

Comment

Interestingly, the Round 1 battles averaged 71 votes each, the Round 2 battles 52 votes each, and the last two rounds 46 votes per battle. I would've expected the number of votes to stay about the same or, if anything, increase as the battles went on. Did people lose interest over time?

My goal is to average 100 votes per battle per round. I hope the riff-offs become popular enough for that to happen.

- Keith
                    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                    I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I think the amount of time between each round might have had a lot to do with it. There was a lot of waiting around for each round and I think unless you were actually participating you could lose track of of the thing. Four weeks to finish a contest is a long time, though I don't see any way around it.
                      my soundclick page

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post
                        Interestingly, the Round 1 battles averaged 71 votes each, the Round 2 battles 52 votes each, and the last two rounds 46 votes per battle. I would've expected the number of votes to stay about the same or, if anything, increase as the battles went on. Did people lose interest over time?

My goal is to average 100 votes per battle per round. I hope the riff-offs become popular enough for that to happen.

- Keith
                        Do we have a budget to hire DLT as marketing director? I'll throw in an armadillo or two...

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey View Post

- Keith
                          i was wondering if the timeframe (lead up to the holidays) lead to diminished participation .. if so, perhaps we'll see more consistent participation in the next tourney ...
                          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

congrats to all, especially the Riff Master himself, cyberBKP.

I kinda suspected adam was monie's ghost with his text in the 1.3 thread.
                            Last edited by DankStar; 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                              Congrats! I missed the voting in the last round - couldn't decide which one I liked best

And congrats to all who made it further than I did. Totally shocked and yet not surprised it was ex250 who beat me in R1. I thought for sure it was Diocletian

Anyhoo, let's get jiggy with the 2nd Tournament
                              you guys in R1 going head to head was my favorite battle I gotta say.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon barbeque View Post
                                I am totally in this next tournament. What a great Idea!
                                I'm taking you down to china town. How do you like your duck?

Comment

Working...
                                X