banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What computer software do you use to record???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What computer software do you use to record???

Actually, I did uninstall Cubase and downloaded Reaper again becuase I like the look of it. What I don't quite understand is that, unless I am confusing programs, the original download of Reaper came with many extra folders. One contained manual in PDF, and one had IIRC several tutorials. When I uninstalled the program much of this sontent was left behind and I deleted the files one by one.

When I reinstalled Reaper the additional content, including the tutorials, was missing.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I am pretty sure the manual is a separate download (larger than the program itself!)
      once you setup the audio interface, you can just click, track, insert new track, arm the recording (button on the left of the track) and then click record at the bottom of the track list.
      Originally posted by MikeS
      a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
      Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      whats becoming of this generation
      We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Well, I was able to record and playback, but I was not clear on properly setting up the interface. I had set up the new interface as the default recording and playback device in my computer and Reaper recognized this and seemed to have integrated the correct settings automatically. However, the software was not recognizing the channel on my interface that is switchable between balanced line and unbalanced guitar input. It also would not recognize a mic on that same (R) channel. It is possible that there's a problem with the interface, but it is more likely the error is with my lack of understanding and having improperly set-up preferences.

Adding to my confusion is that I started the seekend by hooking up my new (used) computer, my new interface, and then trying out new DAWs all at the same time ....... a bit of overload for this dinosaur. By the way, the missing channel issue was the same regardless of the software I was trying.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
          I started out with this
          Link
          It includes a mic as well.

That's exactly what I need!!!!!!!! Are those still available? Are they furnished with amp models and effects?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
            Well, I was able to record and playback, but I was not clear on properly setting up the interface. I had set up the new interface as the default recording and playback device in my computer and Reaper recognized this and seemed to have integrated the correct settings automatically. However, the software was not recognizing the channel on my interface that is switchable between balanced line and unbalanced guitar input. It also would not recognize a mic on that same (R) channel. It is possible that there's a problem with the interface, but it is more likely the error is with my lack of understanding and having improperly set-up preferences.

Adding to my confusion is that I started the seekend by hooking up my new (used) computer, my new interface, and then trying out new DAWs all at the same time ....... a bit of overload for this dinosaur. By the way, the missing channel issue was the same regardless of the software I was trying.
            In order to switch between inputs on my UX1, I have to do it in the Podfarm software. But its only a 1 input device, just switchable between XLR and 1/4".
            Originally posted by MikeS
            a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
            Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
            whats becoming of this generation
            We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
              The same hardware issues cause problems with synchronicity on many systems with having MIDI instruments running and tracking live over them into the same app...

I always lay down the midi first, track it and convert it into .wav, and then I track over that more stable foundation...
              That's the way I do it, as well - record the MIDI stuff first and get it into a wav file.

Originally posted by C-Martin View Post
              Yes it can, its just rather annoying and hard to use, i never use midi anyways but my roomate loves to mess around with it and we both used Audition 3.0 with Addictive drums so the midi is there
              Hmmm, I'll have to dig deeper, then. As it is now, if I want to record my Alesis QSR for MIDI instruments I have to build a track in GuitarPro, then while it's playing I record it as a wav in Audition. I'd rather not have 2 programs running at once, especially that use the same sound interface and channel.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
                In order to switch between inputs on my UX1, I have to do it in the Podfarm software. But its only a 1 input device, just switchable between XLR and 1/4".
                I discovered the solution yesterday. Either mono was the default setting in the recording program or I had set it as a preference. The software recognizes the right channel of my interface now that I have selected stereo for recording!

What a relief! Everything works. Now I just have learn.

Comment

i just DL'ed reaper too... ive met (and jammed with) the guys who wrote it, they are very nice people...

Comment

I'm a Logic dude from version 3x.
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

ive been using mixcraft 4 for a wee while now.
                      its pretty cool and great for messing with
                      drum loops. give it ago :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X