banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What computer software do you use to record???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What computer software do you use to record???

dang, i must be the only guy on here using abelton live. i use the lite 5 version that came packaged with my line 6 ux1 toneport.
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I used CoolEditPro for a while. Never found an Adobe Audition though. Currently trying out Cubase SX3 and trying to stick that only for the drums (EZDrummer) but I'm finding it hard to find rhythms I want.
      "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
      "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
      "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
      "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

I used to use cool edit pro - I liked some of its features and how it was laid out. the version I used was pretty archaic.

used cubase for a bit, it was nice. kinda hard at first. version I had was a step up from cool edit, but a step down from logic.

many years ago I really wanted N-Track, but never bought it. the demo made it look really cool. I'm sure it's super dated by now, if not extinct.

used audacity for awhile, still do for quick things.

use reaper a bit for goofing on the work pc, testing out vsts and such, accessing non-mac vsts when I need them.

use logic express at home for "serious" stuff; does the trick.
        Last edited by DankStar; 01-07-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Started out on Audacity, its a very good program, but somewhat limited.
          Tried out ableton live lite (line 6 edition). Didnt really like it. Tried reaper earlier this year, since it supports VST Instruments, and man, is it way better than audacity. So much more powerful, easier to get stuff done.

Reaper is not freeware, or shareware.

Originally posted by The Reaper site
          The evaluation version of REAPER is complete and uncrippled. There are no artificial interruptions or restrictions, and you can save and load projects normally. We believe in giving you a fair chance to make sure that REAPER works correctly with your hardware and suits your workflow.

The REAPER installer simply copies REAPER and its support files to disk. It does not install anything except itself.

If after 30 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it.

If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license.
          It is worth the purchase price. Its only $60 for a program that does a lot (if not all) of what an expensive program does
          Last edited by Reload in 5; 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM.
          Originally posted by MikeS
          a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
          Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
          whats becoming of this generation
          We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

I used Ableton Live Suite 8.0.
            Not cheap, but the workflow is incredible once you learn how to use, it inspires creativity and it just works well, period.

Comment

I noticed that Sonar Guitar Tracks Pro 4 has been on sale for $49 lately and it looks good, but last night I was checking out the Reaper site and it definitely looks like the best bang for $60, and apparently there is no charge for updates.
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                I noticed that Sonar Guitar Tracks Pro 4 has been on sale for $49 lately and it looks good, but last night I was checking out the Reaper site and it definitely looks like the best bang for $60, and apparently there is no charge for updates.
                Yeah, a license now (for 3.16) gets all updates through 4.99
                Kinda nice.
                Originally posted by MikeS
                a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                whats becoming of this generation
                We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

I used reaper when I had a computer to record with. Im noticing that alot of software is not compatible with windows 7 and OS X; mainly line 6; or at least not compatible for me...

Comment

Cakewalk Sonar 3.0
                    Guitar Rig 2
                    Power Director to produce videos
                    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

i use logic, on my dual G5. my bands EP was recorded live on protools at soundfarm studios. i then mixed and mastered the thing using logic 8. nice stuff
                      Blessed is he who expects little for he shall not be disappointed.
                      You can educate ignorance but you can not educate stupidity.

Originally posted by stratocastered
                      In a world where its necessary for a man to wax his chest, you'll find me parallel parking perfectly with a 12-pack and a full beard.
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/11...65/Artist/link

Comment

Garageband plus GearBox

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post

For 'free' software, check out Reaper. It's shareware, but it can be downloaded and used (legally) for free.

This is 100% absolutely WRONG. Yes it can be downloaded without cost but after the trial period you are required to purchase a license. You CANNOT use it legally after the trial period without purchasing a license

Personal/Non-Comm is $60 and Commercial licenses are $250 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by PRSguy View Post
                            WHat do you mean only used "Legally"???
                            You can't use it legally without purchasing a license. It is not freeware past the trial period

Comment

I had used Steinberg products from 1998 until about last spring when I switched to Reaper. Very solid and capable app.

Comment

I'm a long-time Cubase user, I found it pretty easy to get started on, still serves me well to this day.

Reaper is another good one for certain, lots of bang for the buck.

And if I had a Mac, I'd definitely use Logic.
                                Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

Working...
                                X