C5 vs CC clip - cast your vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: C5 vs CC clip - cast your vote!

Your playing kicks some mad llama's ass.

The CC sounded nicer, although both pickups were very very good.
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

But the point is,

each pickup sounds good or at their best on different setups,

A/B a pickup with the same setup is unfair to a pickup who shines in a different setup, a different guitar, Amp

Each pickup has 1 or more sweet spots on the EQ depending on the players needs

but nice clip, hope you post more, nice clip,

Just my opinion,
      Last edited by bryan the rocker; 11-06-2008, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Holy thread from the dead, Batman!

That said, I have missed out on the thread for 3+ years. After experiencing both the CC and the C5 in my own rigs I settled on the C5 for what I play and how I play the guitar. In these clips, however, the CC shines. Much better vocal quality, and I'm not sure I like the biting C5 as much in this context.
        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

I also notice the CC is smoother, fits this music better than the C5, but on the faster runs, shredding and picking it seems to mush up, little note definition, which is nice for this type of music, each notes seems to flow smoothly,

The C5 has better note definition, good for shredding, I have a C5,
          but in this clip, the CC is better,

Comment

Working...
          X