C5 vs CC clip - cast your vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C5 vs CC clip - cast your vote!

hmmm, you should do that with every pickup you can! it was really sweet!thansk!
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

So is a big part of that sound that fireball overdrive pedal? Cos i love that sound!
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

There's something about the CC that annoys me (must be the mids) and the c5 isn't smooth enough for me......so I say that a C3 would be the best option!
        There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

The CC sounded more singing and smooth, but this particualr piece had a traditional blues beat to it so for that I'd have to say the voicing of the C5 was a better match, more vintage-like.

Comment

Marin your playing never ceases to wow me! Ive been playing those CC and C5 (mainly the CC) clips these past few days when i go to listen to music...in place of actual songs! They just sound terrific, love your style!

That guitar and that CC, with the ENGL and that fireball pedal, and your fingers , just sounds awesome together!

Keep em comin'
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

Yea, great playing and great tone! Thanks!

I like the CC better as well.

I would like to hear both with the same exact EQ settings though. Then we could REALLY hear the differences between the two pickups.

You can make a pickup sound TOTALLY different by EQ-ing but that is really not what the pickup sounds like.

Any chance of hearing both of those (and maybe others) with the same exact amp, pedal and guitar settings?
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
              buggjuice.net
              MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
                Both sound great, but i love that creamy CC tone much better.

Thats actually a really great way to compare the two pickups, you're not going to do the same thing with different pickups are you by chance. Id be interested to hear a JB against those two just to see how the JB compares. And just anything, it really shows you the characteristics.
                I'd love to do so but I got rid of my JB a while ago....

Marin
                °
                my stuff

Comment

So is a big part of that sound that fireball overdrive pedal? Cos i love that sound!
                  Well, it makes my sound fuller and thicker when I record. It actually sound slightly midrangey to me, but the final result in the mix is nice. I guess it's different what we hear when we play on our own or with a band or with a backing.

Marin
                  °
                  my stuff

Comment

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
                    There's something about the CC that annoys me (must be the mids) and the c5 isn't smooth enough for me......so I say that a C3 would be the best option!
                    Yep, I am curious to try one out as well!

Marin
                    °
                    my stuff

Comment

Marin your playing never ceases to wow me! Ive been playing those CC and C5 (mainly the CC) clips these past few days when i go to listen to music...in place of actual songs! They just sound terrific, love your style!

That guitar and that CC, with the ENGL and that fireball pedal, and your fingers , just sounds awesome together!

Keep em comin'
                      Thanks buddy!

I'll do my best.

Marin
                      °
                      my stuff

Comment

Thanks to all for your comments and votes. The CC and the C5 are my favourite bridge pickups but neither is 100% satisfactory. I thought I like the CC clip better simply because I was willing for a change, but your votes confirm my choice.

My guitar is a bit on the bright side, so the CC balances it out.

On the other hand, it would be nice if it could smooth out into those violin harmonics like the C5 does.....

Marin
                        °
                        my stuff

Comment

I'm going to be a bit of a fence sitter too, because I really can't tell much difference between the two - and I'm listening on a fairly good system.

It would have been interesting to post the clips as Sample1 and 2, without letting folks know which was which. ::

(BTW - the playing is great on both.)

Comment

Nice playing! I liked the CC a little more better because it sings more with the high notes.

Comment

hmm, marin, ever think of getting a custom shop pup then?
                              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                              fender mim standard strat
                              peavey classic 30
                              johnson j-station
                              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                              yamaha f-310p acoustic
                              taylor 410 acoustic
                              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

CC fits that blues style more to my ears anyways. The C5 sounds noticeably harsher, which isn't a bad thing at all. As it's been said here, that creamy tone is to die for and thats a compliment for the ENGL and Fireball pedal.

Comment

Working...
                                X