X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C5 vs CC clip - cast your vote!

I like the C5 better!
    Its more in your face.

Great playing too man! For how long have you been playing?
    my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
    A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

Nice clips! I like the CC, just sounds better to my ears.
      -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
      Vox VT15
      Washburn D10SCE
      Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

I honestly like them both, but the C5 seemed to lose a bit of clarity right around 40 seconds. The CC held up well all through the song. CC got my vote.
        -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
        I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Hmmm... On my junky work computer speakers I preferred the C5. However, maybe if the levels were matched I would have preferred the CCs more balanced sound. The clip liked the mids of the C5 I think.

Scott
          Lot's of music stuff here www.scottlernermusic.com

Comment

That's hard. Both sound good. Nice playing. If I would play you wouldn't hear that much difference .
            I like the C5 a bit more coz it has more "bite". But C5 could have more mids. Something in between would win.
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marinblues
              I just swapped my bridge C5 with a bridge CC. I therefore thought it would be a good idea to A/B the 2 pickups. I have used the same backing track and tried to play similar as possible. I recorded the C5 clip yesterday before the pickup swap and the CC clip today. The setup is the samel: www.marinblues.it/jaca2 guitar, Banzai Fireball 2 OD, Engl Screamer amp. The only thing that changes is the tone setting of the amp. With th C5 I used treble 2, presence 1, mid 9, bass 5. With the CC: treble 4, presence 1, mid 5, bass 5.

Which one do you prefer?

C5:
              http://www.marinblues.it/music/marinC5sample1.mp3

CC:
              http://www.marinblues.it/music/marinCCsample1.mp3

Thanks

Marin
              Nice cuts buddy...Great playing...I Liked the smoothness and roundness of the A2 CC but the C5 would probably be more articulate and cuts better than the CC...I like the CC because of it's smoother,looser,warmer tone....My vote is for the CC though after listening...Thanks for taking the time to share the great clips with us Marin.

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Custom Custom. No questions asked. Why bother posting, bro? :P

Comment

Marin, you are one of the best blues slingers i've heard.

i think those CCs suit you better (c'mon. Just by listening you play i could tell you loved thoses CCs. ) I think I might swap my magnet on my SH-5 and make a CC... Dunno yet, but i play lots of blues. I suppose i should wait till i get a new amp
                  <Insert awesome equipment here>

Fender MIM Midnite Wine Satin Strat
                  Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp
                  Boss BD-2 Blues Driver overdrive

and a couple guitar picks

Comment

For that guitar I think the CC sounds better - more creamier and natural sounding... Although the C5 is overall one of my most favorite pickups...

Comment

too hard to call .. but i lean to the C5 ... i think

stellar tone and chops, as always, friend :-)
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I also like the CC. I have a C5 and it didn't do much for me. I had a CC and exchanged it for a 59, but I'm leaning back to getting the CC again or a JB. Good playing on both clips.

Comment

This threads been going a while!
                          My Soundclick page.

Comment

I like the C5 because of its better clarity. The CC sounds smooth, but has less variation to the tone. They both sound great.

Comment

The C5 sounded smoother, the CC sounded fuller. I'd personally go for the CC.

I noticed his playing was more agressive with the CC...

Comment

Thought the CC was more rounded off, the C5 a tad harsh and cutting, but still cool... though I'd have to go for the CC!

Didn't the history of the C5 directly have something to do with the members of this very community?
                                Originally posted by Kanye West
                                Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Working...
                                X