This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Q&A with Yngwie Malmsteen - 1/18/10

**** it, I can't believe I missed this! I wanted to ask him if he liked donuts.
    -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
    I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by SrDeMaFp View Post
      **** it, I can't believe I missed this! I wanted to ask him if he liked donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
        And the original......Yngwie coming out fresh as the master and originator of neoclassical metal.
        Aww man, those were the days. I saw Yngwie live a number of times back then and I remember his solo almost note for note. He changed it up a few times tossing in other bits here and there but the overall structure of his solo was the same, ending with that scream at the end which was picked up and used in the "Metal Shop" intro on radio at the time. Back then, especially to a kid in his mid teens, this was brand new and amazing to experience and witness. He was a big inspiration and one of the reasons I picked up guitar.

If I'm not mistaken that footage is from his Live in Japan video from '85. That VHS was the very first video tape I bought back in '85 or '86. It features many of his songs from Rising Force plus Kree Nakoorie and Jet to Jet from his Alcatrazz days. Good stuff. Since it was my very first VHS I'll still watch it from time to time just to see how the tape is holding out. So far 25 years and going strong.

Thanks for setting this up, Evan. Very cool! I wish I was available to participate but my main question was answered when he said with the HS-3 he basically "settled" for noiseless and the new Duncans give him more clarity.

Comment

Working...
        X