X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE Q&A with Yngwie Malmsteen - 1/18/10 3:00 Pacific

Yngwie,
    I'd love to hear you jam on a Tele into a Blackface Fender. I just think that would be so insane!

Rock on man!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Thank you for taking time for being here and taking your place on Seymour Duncan fortress. The second I heard "Far Beyond the Sun" it has changed my perception of music and sound.

What made you move from DiMarzio to Seymour Duncan?

Thank you again for your time and music to come.
      "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

Hey Yngwie, thanks for sharing your time with us at the SD forum. Like others have said your one hell of a guitarist and has always been an inspiration to my guitar playing, your vibrato control and tones you can get out of a single coiled strat is simply put amazing.. you can make that guitar scream like no other...

i have no real question i can think of at the moment and 30 min isn't allot of time to think.. i wasnt expecting this when i got home but i have always wondered tho, i have heared that you used to use HS-2 in your very early days instead of the HS-3 that you then switched too, is this true or just rumor?
        C-Martin Recordings
        My Soundclick page

Comment

Cool, Thanks Yngwie! hope to see you in Toronto next time you're on tour!

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
            Thanks for visiting!

Could you describe what you wanted to achieve with the Fury, and why you chose Seymour Duncan to fulfill that need?
            Part of that I answered before. But I was approached by Evan a year ago and we started talking about taking my tone to a higher level. It was something I hadn't really thought about but soon SD started sending me some prototypes and right away I could see that I was on a path to dialing in my tone and responsiveness to a level I had never achieved before.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

hey yngwie! i just want to know, do you, and will you, still use any of your dimarzio gear?
              Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
              ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by CesarM13 View Post
                Hi, I'm a HUGE fan of yours and i would like you to answer the following question for me: if you had to use a humbucker as your only source of tone, so no single coils, what humbucker would you use for recording and playing live?

thank you very much man i really appreciate your music and your playing, you rock!
                That would be the P.A.F. Definitely not a high gain one.

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent View Post
                  Yngwie,
                  I'd love to hear you jam on a Tele into a Blackface Fender. I just think that would be so insane!

Rock on man!
                  Party on, dude!

Comment

Originally posted by cakire82 View Post
                    Thank you for taking time for being here and taking your place on Seymour Duncan fortress. The second I heard "Far Beyond the Sun" it has changed my perception of music and sound.

What made you move from DiMarzio to Seymour Duncan?

Thank you again for your time and music to come.
                    Thanks. Question asked and answered.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Martin View Post
                      Hey Yngwie, thanks for sharing your time with us at the SD forum. Like others have said your one hell of a guitarist and has always been an inspiration to my guitar playing, your vibrato control and tones you can get out of a single coiled strat is simply put amazing.. you can make that guitar scream like no other...

i have no real question i can think of at the moment and 30 min isn't allot of time to think.. i wasnt expecting this when i got home but i have always wondered tho, i have heared that you used to use HS-2 in your very early days instead of the HS-3 that you then switched too, is this true or just rumor?
                      Rumor.

Comment

Thanks Yngwie! I guess you are talking about original gibson P.A.F ones, or maybe P.A.F. reissues or style pickups such as a Seymour '59/Seth Lover/Antiquity/Screamin' Demon.
                        Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 Reissue
                        Bridge; Gibson Angus Young Signature Humbucker, Neck; Seymour Duncan '59
                        Mesa Boogie F-30 Custom Shop (Red)

Comment

Yngwie

I was on Jonas Hansson's website today and I saw a picture of you and him playing together. I think a collaborative recording of you two would be insane! Have you ever considered doing a recording with him? I think you two would compliment each others styles well.

Comment

EAS: OK guys, we're out of time. Thanks to all of you who participated in this chat. And, of course, thanks to Yngwie for spending time with us and getting a chance to meet some of you.

YJM: Thank you so much to all of you. I'm excited to be a part of the Seymour Duncan family. [Gives two thumbs up.]

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                              EAS: OK guys, we're out of time. Thanks to all of you who participated in this chat. And, of course, thanks to Yngwie for spending time with us and getting a chance to meet some of you.

YJM: Thank you so much to all of you. I'm excited to be a part of the Seymour Duncan family. [Gives two thumbs up.]
                              Thank you sooo very much Evan! You rock! You make the coolest things happen for the forum, major props!

It was so cool of Yngwie to drop by! Kinda unreal to be able to ask questions directly to such a recognized player.

Thanks to all involved!
                              - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Thanx for the accurate answer and cool attitude! Cheers mate!
                                www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

Comment

Working...
                                X