X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LIVE Q&A with Yngwie Malmsteen - 1/18/10 3:00 Pacific

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
    EAS: OK guys, we're out of time. Thanks to all of you who participated in this chat. And, of course, thanks to Yngwie for spending time with us and getting a chance to meet some of you.

YJM: Thank you so much to all of you. I'm excited to be a part of the Seymour Duncan family. [Gives two thumbs up.]
    No no no no no no no....this is a bad dream...this is worse than realizing the world REALLY is going to end in 2012 and walking in on my girlfriend cheating on me with Barney the Dinosaur....no no no no no...this can't be happening...I missed it by 17 minutes....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

Re: Q&A with Yngwie Malmsteen - 1/18/10

wow, can't believe I missed this...and to think I was sitting through a physics lecture at that time...

Comment

News Break: MJ just coached Yngwie on how to wind a pickup and he just wound a set of three single coils for Strat. We're going to put them up on eBay in the next few days to raise money for Haiti.

Stay tuned.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Now that's awesome Evan!

cg
          -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Comment

News Break: MJ just coached Yngwie on how to wind a pickup and he just wound a set of three single coils for Strat. We're going to put them up on eBay in the next few days to raise money for Haiti.

Stay tuned.
            Too friggen cool... that's a great idea!

Comment

Awwwww Donkey Kong! Missed a primo opportunity!

Oh well - Evan and the boys rock, there will be more....
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yngwie is not much of a typist, so I'll be doing the typing.
                He lied to you. It's really 400 words per minute with no mistakes! LOL
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Stay tuned.
                  this is huge
                  Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

To think back to the time when Yngwie came onto the scene, I can only think of the influence he had on others - many becoming big like Paul Gilbert, Ritchie Kotzen, and Marty Friedman, and then the guys who based their whole vibe on what he did.....

Here's some of the ones who really ran with what Yngwie started.

Walter Giardino from Argentina's Rata Blanca.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Joe Stump
                    this is the great joe stump playing demon's eye..enjoy it

Chris Impellitteri
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And the original......Yngwie coming out fresh as the master and originator of neoclassical metal.

I loved the answer he had for my question. If he could add any guitarist's musical mind and skill to his own, it would be Allan Holdsworth. Here's early Holdsworth!
                    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Whoa! I've always been impressed with Vinnie since hearing "Daydream" on a GP soundpage (remember those?).

His touch on the fretboard is so LIGHT!

Back on topic: Evan, thanks for setting this up. Yngwie, thanks for participating. You certainly raised the level of technical skill of MANY guitar players by demonstrating that it is POSSIBLE.

The pickup auction is a idea.

I was holding my great-nephew at the time of the Q&A. At the moment, his awesomeness exceeds ANY guitarists awesomeness. Sorry.
                      Last edited by LesStrat; 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM.
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Nice read!
                        Thanks to all in setting it up.
                        Thanks to Yngwie for stopping by.
                        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                        Guitar to sound output:
                        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Love how every time someone asks about the scalloping, he MUST dispel the myth about it making you play faster
                          Cool Q and A though, his first two albums are a big inspiration to me

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

Here's some of the ones who really ran with what Yngwie started.

Walter Giardino from Argentina's Rata Blanca.
                            Obviously because I live here I hear people talk about Rata Blanca way more than you guys, but haha whenever somebody tells me just how good their guitar player is I feel like I have the obligation to shove a copy of Rising Force down their throats just to make sure they know where this style of guitar playing really comes from. They're good nonetheless...

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post

And the original......Yngwie coming out fresh as the master and originator of neoclassical metal.
                            Is it me, the angle, or were his scallops pretty shallow at that time? I've seen newer pictures of his main guitars and the scallops are WAY deeper!

Comment

I tend to think the scallops are are just a superficial thing beyond a certain. He already has Dunlop 6000 frets, I don't see why you need deep scalloping, but eh, his choice

Comment

that was neat!

yeah, I'd say if he were to take up typing, he'd be, ah, pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X