Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 set of '59 zebra humbuckers

SOLD! 1/28/10 to A.M. in UK!!!!
    Last edited by stratfish; 01-29-2010, 07:12 AM. Reason: item SOLD!

Re: $100 set of '59 zebra humbuckers

next time don't put the price in the title so you can change it later. I am thinking about this but I got some bank account issues and I'm not sure how long it'll be before they're fixed though so don't count on me

Comment

Are they a matched set?

Comment

I have no idea if they're "matched"... bought them used and they're in seperate SD boxes with pink paper insert. One labled "bri" and the other "nec" on the barcode lables on the sides of the plastic SD boxes. Per SD spec's their neck and bridge pickups are wound to "balance" one another so that qualifies as "matched" in my opinion.
        Last edited by stratfish; 01-29-2010, 07:11 AM. Reason: removed pic's

Comment

Looks like the neck 59 would be a super tight fit in that guitar with the neck pickup being direct mounted, or it wouldn't fit in without modifying the tabs on the pickup or the pickup cavity larger. same problem I have with a 90's RGX Yamaha Pacifica with direct mounted pickups. Too small for a nickel covered or Phat Cat set without modifying. What guitar is that? Sort of looks exactly like my Yamaha Pacifica only with an F-hole added.

Comment

SO how much do you want for them? What condition are they in?
            Owner:
            Slamo Custom Guitars
            Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
              Looks like the neck 59 would be a super tight fit in that guitar with the neck pickup being direct mounted, or it wouldn't fit in without modifying the tabs on the pickup or the pickup cavity larger. same problem I have with a 90's RGX Yamaha Pacifica with direct mounted pickups. Too small for a nickel covered or Phat Cat set without modifying. What guitar is that? Sort of looks exactly like my Yamaha Pacifica only with an F-hole added.
              Yeah it'd require a router job on the neck pickup to put any P90 or humbucker in there. The Neck pup sounds great actually so I'm hoping to leave it installed.
              This guitar was made out of a nice slab of mahogany by a local amateur/unknown luthier. (Rescued in unfinished condition from a Pawn shop for $100!) He made the neck too which is a sweet fat maple neck with cocabola fingerboard and a 12-14" (almost flat) radius that makes bending easy. Would do better with bigger frets...
              Body is semi-hollow/chambered mahogany. Tone is warm & bluesy in the neck. Don't have a clue what kind of pickup it is.
              Am switiching to SD pickup(s) because of the harsh squawking Ibanez "XH-1" p'up in the bridge that I think they guy must've jacked with the wiring on. The '59 sounds SO MUCH NICER!

Trembucker going in to the guitar is an Alnico 2 Pro in black and I hope it'll compliment the existing neck pick-up fine. If no then I'll have to break out the router and install an Alnico2 Pro...

Comment

Originally posted by Elfunkenstein View Post
                next time don't put the price in the title so you can change it later. I am thinking about this but I got some bank account issues and I'm not sure how long it'll be before they're fixed though so don't count on me
                yeah...

putting the price in the title was stupid of me and I won't do that again! So I edited the original title. Thx...
                Last edited by stratfish; 01-27-2010, 01:16 PM.

Comment

sold!

Comment

Working...
                  X