banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riff-Off 2.5: Stockholm Syndrome vs. Chumble Spuzz — SHOWDOWN!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riff-Off 2.5: Stockholm Syndrome vs. Chumble Spuzz — SHOWDOWN!!!

Originally posted by GoDrex View Post
    oh come on - this is ridiculous
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

there should have been just a tie-break done either by PUH or someone else.
      my soundclick page

Comment

there should have been just a tie-break done either by PUH or someone else.
        I think we'll have to do that if this one ends up a tie as well.

- PUH
        Originally posted by ImmortalSix
        I am just jug the merlot

Comment

You could always adopt a vote count sudden death :- the first one to increment by one vote after the deadline wins. ?
          This would have sorted the wnner of the last round.
          👣
          👣
          💀

Comment

goin with my gut on this one - stock's is very unique and made me zone out a bit more, have to go with it. chumble's is very good and very arena-rockin'. edit: crap, just tied it up, didn't realize that would happen.

Comment

i still say the fairest way to break ties is earliest submission as certified by keith's gmail account inbox timestamp ...

then again, i am hoping the points system reduces the chances of ties too

i dont think anyone (keith, a mod/admin, an SD employee, etc) should be put on the spot to pick a winner - too much risk of hurt feelings

if this ends in a tie after the showdown, maybe the riffmaster battle can be 3-way (stock/chumble/godrex) based on points?
              Last edited by tone4days; 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM.
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Could just do it like NFL OT, have one contestant submit a riff and if people like it good enough, they win...
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  Could just do it like NFL OT, have one contestant submit a riff and if it's good enough, they win...
                  Or each contestant has their kicker submit a riff.
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
                    if i could write and perform a riff as cool as either of these, i'd be proud to lose to either of you two
                    +1.....Great riffage guys! This was a TOUGH decision!
                    Last edited by elscorcho; 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Even tougher than last time. Cleaner recordings and good energy. Good stuff all around guys!

Comment

2 hours left on this and it's sooooooo close.
                        my soundclick page

Comment

How do you feel about pitting your skills against either of these 2????

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Me? I'm confident.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the criteria is going to be for the riff I need to come up with. I already have some that I feel would have done well in this contest, but it's cool if I can't use those. I haven't really been trying to come up with anything lately so I feel like I'm ready to work on some new ideas.

I still feel like it's not fair for them, especially after having to come up with an extra riff because of the tie - but that's just me thinking of how I might feel if the situation was reversed.
                            my soundclick page

Comment

I still feel like it's not fair for them, especially after having to come up with an extra riff because of the tie - but that's just me thinking of how I might feel if the situation was reversed.
                              either dude could have 1,000 riffs saved over the ages and simply pull one out of their archive.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                                either dude could have 1,000 riffs saved over the ages and simply pull one out of their archive.
                                this is true - though they'll have to match it up to whatever PUH says it's got to be like.
                                my soundclick page

Comment

Working...
                                X