banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can say whatever you want about Janick Gers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can say whatever you want about Janick Gers...

But don't dare diss his black Strat. No way man...that '66 or it's CS replica kicks major ass. I've seen what I think is the same '66 with a newer neck instead of the old one with the transition logo as well.

Either way, it's up there with Dave's '57/'63 as far as cool factor goes IMO.

And then we tag team to the more known black Strat hehe....

Last edited by tc; 03-07-2010, 08:59 PM.

Re: You can say whatever you want about Janick Gers...

He's wearing Iron Maiden shirts onstage. When you're in the band, that's just tacky.

Me, I haven't worn an Iron Maiden shirt in 20 years.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen everyone in Maiden wear a Maiden shirt. You can call them tacky but they still are, note for note, to this very day, one of the most amazing band/live show out there.

I think I've also seen Steve Harris with a shirt that says "Iron What?" hahah

Comment

Very cool strat-unfortunately it only seems to work when used in conjunction with lame posing and incessant noodling
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I've never been a Janick hater...I just think he's part of the band for good or bad and besides I think a lot of what he gives to the band maybe isn't the guitar playing. After all he and Harris penned Dance of Death which I really like.

Although it did piss me off that some people I know didn't even notice Dave when they saw Maiden live because all he did was stand there while the "other guy" was throwing a guitar really high up and then catching it

Comment

i've always liked that Black strat Gers has... didn't Ian Gillan buy it for him back in the early 80's?

but are you sure the original one he has is a 66? by 66 the strats had the Larger headstock i thought... my CS 66 reissue has the larger headstock... 65's had the transition logo and the smaller headstocks...

And i'm sure he has a bu8nch of necks he can swap on that guitar anyways... and all the copies of it he seems to have... About 5 years ago i saw an article in a UK guitar mag and Ger's had 22 fret necks on what looked like his old Black strat and the White one... just like the 22 fret one in the first photo

Comment

He says in an interview '66...but I've seen it with newer MIA looking necks too.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

I've also seen what looks like a '64-65. Like you said, those have transition logos and small headstocks...the only difference I know of is that '64s still had clay inlays while the '65s started using pearl dots..or some material that looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
                I've never been a Janick hater...
                Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really cool guy, and I certainly don't hate him-just not a fan of his playing/posing/tone/butchering of Adrian's work.

I'd rather see Dennis Stratton back in the band
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I think Gers is awesome. He's a great shredder and his "posing" and moves give him a lot of stage presence. They're great to see as well as hear perform live. It's so boring to go watch a motionless band. That strat is sick.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                    Don't get me wrong, I think he's a really cool guy, and I certainly don't hate him
                    No I didn't say you were a hater I'm just saying that a lot of people...wait a sec...

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                    just not a fan of his playing/posing/tone/butchering of Adrian's work.
                    Well that certainly ain't love hahaha!

Comment

For ther most part - I agree that it is bad form to wear your own shirt. But there are a few bands that I'd make exceptions for -

Stones, Maiden, etc....Iron Maiden shorts are just cool period. If anyone can wear them - they can.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        For ther most part - I agree that it is bad form to wear your own shirt. But there are a few bands that I'd make exceptions for -

Stones, Maiden, etc....Iron Maiden shorts are just cool period. If anyone can wear them - they can.
                        Agreed. As they say, you have to be your own greatest advocate haha

Comment

So I did a little research to see what all the drama over Gers was... and I came across this:

To see a man his age acting like that is just embarrassing. Iron Maiden or not, once you start getting yearly prostate exams, you need to act with a little more decorum.

And then there's this:

Its the Rock in Rio concert, in Rio, Brazil. Just as the silent pause is supposed to be made in the song "Sanctuary", the always energetic guitarist Janick G...

That was supposed to be a guitar solo? The look on Bruce's face says it all... sheesh.
                          Last edited by eschoendorff; 03-07-2010, 07:39 PM.
                          Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                          I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                            So I did a little research to see what all the drama over Gers was... and I came across this:

To see a man his age acting like that is just embarrassing. Iron Maiden or not, once you start getting yearly prostate exams, you need to act with a little more decorum.

And then there's this:

Its the Rock in Rio concert, in Rio, Brazil. Just as the silent pause is supposed to be made in the song "Sanctuary", the always energetic guitarist Janick G...

That was supposed to be a guitar solo? The look on Bruce's face says it all... sheesh.
                            Why should he? They aren't going to act like grandpas. Fans EXPECT to see this kind of stuff when they go see a live metal concert. It's what makes it fun, exciting, and unpredictable.
                            He was having fun on that second video and the only people that called it a "guitar solo" are you and the publisher of that video. I saw it as a small digression of the song

Comment

He's a great player. I can't stand the stuff he does on stage though.

Comment

Working...
                              X