X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Live - Q&A with Dave Mustaine 4/13/10 - ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    Hey Dave, huge fan here, in fact it was chasing your tone on "Rude Awakening" in my teens that led me to Seymour Duncan in the first place. So first off, thanks for doing this, and welcome.

-What Megadeth song and/or solo do you find most challenging to play?

-What is your hands-down single favorite guitar you've ever played and/or owned?

-This isn't so much a question, but one of my joke bands re-writes lyrics to established songs and records them for our friends. Usually they turn out offensive, but the general goal is humor. There are a few that we've written to be homages to musicians, and you just happen to be unlucky enough to get that treatment. haha. Hopefully you take this for its intended silliness and get a laugh rather than being offended or creeped out by it...

(sung to Sabbath's "Snowblind," so where Ozzy says Cocaine! it'd be Mustaine!. I'd have liked to do a Megadeth song, but there aren't any that rhyme with your name. haha)

without further ado...

I tell the tale of metal beast
    His rage began in '83
    Kicked out of a certain band
    Was this angry drunken man
    (Mustaine)

To the Greyhound he was lead
    Riffs were running through his head
    Playing fast and technical
    He's the one that killed them all
    (Mustaine)

He ruled the world of thrash and speed
    His finest hour, Rust in Peace
    Came back to life when he OD'd
    Was raised by rabid wolverines

For drugs and booze his gear was pawned
    But still the man, he carried on
    He toured for years with brutal shows
    The world got their needed hero
    (Mustaine)

World domination he is pursuing
    He never hits a note that is wrong
    Now he is no longer a user
    He writes the ****ing heaviest songs

Playing every night for hours
    With his super shredding powers
    You tell me that its nearly done
    When will that new album come?

...like I said, very silly. But a tribute nonetheless.

Thanks again!
    It depends on how much I had to drink.

Comment

If I wanted to get my VMNT signed, how would I go about doing so?

Comment

One thing I noticed that kinda freaked me out...
        You’re playing in Sweden, then in Madrid, then in Moscow??
        I hope that trip is not by bus! It makes no sense geographically.
        I won’t be able to attend to the Madrid show. Still I hope you enjoy your stay in my country.
        Hard on the outside, hiding the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhoden View Post
          Greetings From Hotlanta Dave
          other than jimmy page who would your choice be for a side project ?

JRhoden
          I'd have to think about it. Too busy typing.

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
            Hey Dave,
            Thanks for doing this. It's truly an honor. Anyway, I wanted to know if it was difficult for you back when you started Megadeth to let someone else handle the solos and you fill the shoes as frontman/vocalist/rythym guitarist? I've always viewed Megadeth as a band with two lead guitarists, which contributes to the unique style. Do you feel it was an advantage having two players who could solo or a disadvantage?

I'm also curious how you view success. Is it a necessary evil in the sense that it allows you to do this full-time for a living, but also adds unnecessary stress on the music and a drive to find the next "big hit"? How different do you think Megadeth would sound today if you never hit commercial success? If you remained popular in the underground (i.e. Overkill), but never had a break-through album.
            can you narrow this down to just half a dozen questions????

seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mustaine View Post
              No favorite. Got a worst but no favorite.
              then what would be the worst in your oppinion? and thank you for reply! please ignore all my other annoying posts man!

well except for how you come up with such great lyrics...

Comment

No favorite. Got a worst but no favorite.
                And the worst is?
                Hard on the outside, hiding the inside.

Comment

I'd have to think about it. Too busy typing.
                  i totally understand

thanks for the reply !

Comment

Hi Dave,

First of all, I want to tell you that I canīt thank you enough for you music. Itīs too amazing and inspiring. Thanks, man!

And my question is, are you going to sell "Meet & greet" tickets in Argentina?

Comment

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
                      Hey Dave,
                      Thanks for doing this. It's truly an honor. Anyway, I wanted to know if it was difficult for you back when you started Megadeth to let someone else handle the solos and you fill the shoes as frontman/vocalist/rythym guitarist? I've always viewed Megadeth as a band with two lead guitarists, which contributes to the unique style. Do you feel it was an advantage having two players who could solo or a disadvantage?

I'm also curious how you view success. Is it a necessary evil in the sense that it allows you to do this full-time for a living, but also adds unnecessary stress on the music and a drive to find the next "big hit"? How different do you think Megadeth would sound today if you never hit commercial success? If you remained popular in the underground (i.e. Overkill), but never had a break-through album.

Not really.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thecallofktulu View Post
                        One more question (from my father, who is on the phone as I type):

Did Eddie of Iron Maiden have an influence on the creation of full-body Vic?

Thanks,
                        -Tyler Halcomb, Pennsylvania
                        no.

Comment

i Dave,

First of all, I want to tell you that I canīt thank you enough for you music. Itīs too amazing and inspiring. Thanks, man!

And my question is, are you going to sell "Meet & greet" tickets in Argentina?

Comment

*Hi

Comment

Originally posted by AliciaxDMxRocks View Post
                              Hey Dave! If you could tour with any band ( whether together or not) who would it be?
                              And dont you think its kind of weird that your touring with Exodus- the band that kirk started?
                              LOVE YA!
                              Zeppelin, Budgie, ACDC with Bon Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbatologist View Post
                                hey Dave what do u think about the career end of Scorpions and the maybe the end of AC/DC??
                                it is a sad day in rock and roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X