This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live - Q&A with Dave Mustaine 4/13/10 - ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Thanks so much for doing this Q&A Dave, and it was a pleasure to meet you at the User Group Day we had a few years back.

Anyways, if you could do an album that is a total departure from all of the Megadeth stuff, something where you'd have all kinds of different artist playing with you, be it different drummers, singers, guitar players, bass players, or whatever and doing different styles of music.......Who would you like to be on that album with you?

thanks man!!

Comment

It would be nice to know what inspired you to write the beautiful song "The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With a Kiss"?

Comment

Originally posted by tc View Post
        Hi Mr. Mustaine, I was wondering a couple of things about songwriting...since most here will cover gear
        and really, I could have all your rig and not write a song like you do.

How do you consistently write music? And how do you keep it from going stale?
        I find that even if you've been around and released tons of albums over the
        years, and changed the sound of the band, had new members here and there, you still write music on a
        constant basis. I find that I can come up with a great song, but then it'll be weeks until
        I can pen another one that's halfway decent. Is there a certain mindset you have when you write?

BTW, I can't wait to see you guys here in Costa Rica. That's going to be a killer show, specially with
        Chris Broderick and you playing guitar! Thanks!
        if it takes weeks between you writing good songs, then i would obviously wait until a few weeks have gone by

Comment

That “Top Secret” project of yours... When is it going to be released?
          Can’t you give us a hint on what it is? Please
          Hard on the outside, hiding the inside.

Comment

As a bass player I always pay attention to the melodies and bass lines of Megadeath songs, but it´s so fu... hard. When you guys compose that damm good songs?

Comment

Originally posted by dethmaShine View Post
              Hi, Dave

We ****in love you
              God bless you and god bless MEGADETH.

Questions:

-> When are the originals going to be re-released?
              -> Would you be interested to work with Jeff Waters or Slash in the near future?
              -> When are you guys coming to the UK? Are you going to play the entire RIP record there?

Thanks Dave.

\MEGADETH/
              we might play RIP in the UK, and I like Slash a lot.

Comment

Hey Dave, I was wondering if you have any idea on future Rock Band/Guitar Hero releases? Specifically Countdown to Extinction, my friend was wondering.

Also, do you have any idea if the "Big 4" tour will be coming to Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by Hangar18_1993 View Post
                  Hi Dave, I was wondering if you’ve ever considered doing a concept album? I know it doesn’t really seem like a Megadeth sorta thing, not sure how it would work, but I know you could come up with something really killer if you wanted to do one!

Saw you guys in Memphis, TN last month and you were AMAZING! Loved the show so much! Thanks and God bless!
                  -Jesse
                  not a big fan of concept records.

Comment

Hi Dave,

First off, I gotta say I'm a huge fan of not only your music but the way you approach the guitar. It's really inspiring. I started playing about a year and a half ago - which is around the first time I began listening to Megadeth - and I haven't stopped for a day since. Your determination and perseverance throughout your career is really inspiring to me, and it makes me want to keep at what I love doing even if things are really hard in life. Thank you.

The only real problem I'm having now is finding people to play with! It seems no one likes good music around where I live and it's really discouraging if you're trying to make a band with specific tastes in mind. What would you suggest I do?

Thanks again for all the great music throughout the year and generally making my life better.

Chris. N

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mustaine View Post
                      we might play RIP in the UK, and I like Slash a lot.
                      Thanks for the answer Dave.

We all love you very much.

God bless you and God bless Megadeth.

Stay healthy Dave

From MD forums,
                      philosophymetalUK

Comment

hey Dave, are you going to play the RIP album in south america or Endgame Tour??

Comment

Originally posted by Beat View Post
                          Hello Dave! I hope you’re enjoying your time at home.
                          How are you feeling? You have a crazy tour schedule ahead!
                          How are your neck and back doing?
                          the neck and back are doing good. thanks for asking

Comment

OHMYGOD
                            IT'S DAVE MUSTAINE
                            Okay, that's out of the way...

If you could collaborate with any other musician, from any time period, who would it be, and why?

Comment

Thanks for doing this Q&A!

Dave, if you had to pick three movies to take to a deserted island what would they be?
                              ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Hey Dave! Long time fan here and I'm excited to look at all of these questions too

I was wondering when you plan on re-releasing the original, non-remastered(volume and compression levels kept dynamic) Megadeth discography as you mentioned on the Megadeth forums?

Comment

Working...
                                X