Clear All

Re: Live - Q&A with Dave Mustaine 4/13/10 - ASK QUESTIONS HERE

Originally posted by Dave Mustaine View Post
    we will be playing some songs from rust in peace
    Where, in SA or Europe? Sorry to bother you but I'd like to know
    Hard on the outside, hiding the inside.

Comment

Hey Dave, huge fan here, in fact it was chasing your tone on "Rude Awakening" in my teens that led me to Seymour Duncan in the first place. So first off, thanks for doing this, and welcome.

-What Megadeth song and/or solo do you find most challenging to play?

-What is your hands-down single favorite guitar you've ever played and/or owned?

-This isn't so much a question, but one of my joke bands re-writes lyrics to established songs and records them for our friends. Usually they turn out offensive, but the general goal is humor. There are a few that we've written to be homages to musicians, and you just happen to be unlucky enough to get that treatment. haha. Hopefully you take this for its intended silliness and get a laugh rather than being offended or creeped out by it...

(sung to Sabbath's "Snowblind," so where Ozzy says Cocaine! it'd be Mustaine!. I'd have liked to do a Megadeth song, but there aren't any that rhyme with your name. haha)

without further ado...

I tell the tale of metal beast
      His rage began in '83
      Kicked out of a certain band
      Was this angry drunken man
      (Mustaine)

To the Greyhound he was lead
      Riffs were running through his head
      Playing fast and technical
      He's the one that killed them all
      (Mustaine)

He ruled the world of thrash and speed
      His finest hour, Rust in Peace
      Came back to life when he OD'd
      Was raised by rabid wolverines

For drugs and booze his gear was pawned
      But still the man, he carried on
      He toured for years with brutal shows
      The world got their needed hero
      (Mustaine)

World domination he is pursuing
      He never hits a note that is wrong
      Now he is no longer a user
      He writes the ****ing heaviest songs

Playing every night for hours
      With his super shredding powers
      You tell me that its nearly done
      When will that new album come?

...like I said, very silly. But a tribute nonetheless.

Thanks again!
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
        Hi Dave, great to have you here!!

Do you have an all time favorite tune to play live, or does it rotate?
        no.

Comment

Saw you guys in Baltimore on the RIP tour. Thank you so much for coming back the next night and putting on an awesome show! Your Maryland fans greatly appreciate you coming back another night!

Comment

Dave, I have another question if you don't mind.

With the upcoming Big Four concerts, is there even the slightest chance of you perhaps joining Hetfield, Lars and Trujillo on stage and playing a song from Kill Em All?

Comment

Originally posted by Beat View Post
              How long will you be playing at the European shows that you’ll be headlining?
              Is there any chance to get RIP + a good amount of Endgame songs played?
              they vary.

Comment

Dave,

what is your favorite song out of all Megadeth songs?

Comment

Greetings From Hotlanta Dave
                  other than jimmy page who would your choice be for a side project ?

JRhoden

Comment

Hey Dave,
                    Thanks for doing this. It's truly an honor. Anyway, I wanted to know if it was difficult for you back when you started Megadeth to let someone else handle the solos and you fill the shoes as frontman/vocalist/rythym guitarist? I've always viewed Megadeth as a band with two lead guitarists, which contributes to the unique style. Do you feel it was an advantage having two players who could solo or a disadvantage?

I'm also curious how you view success. Is it a necessary evil in the sense that it allows you to do this full-time for a living, but also adds unnecessary stress on the music and a drive to find the next "big hit"? How different do you think Megadeth would sound today if you never hit commercial success? If you remained popular in the underground (i.e. Overkill), but never had a break-through album.

Comment

Sorry I dont speak chinese.

thanks

Comment

Hey Dave! If you could tour with any band ( whether together or not) who would it be?
                        And dont you think its kind of weird that your touring with Exodus- the band that kirk started?
                        LOVE YA!

Comment

Originally posted by thecallofktulu View Post
                          Hello Mr. Mustaine, I have really become a huge fan of your music within the past few months. As both a musician and artist, I really respect the art you've put into the album cover directions, the videos, and everything.

How did you come to meet Ed Repka and hire him to do album art for Peace Sells and Rust In Peace?
                          he was recommended. we don't work together anymore. not a good choice for me.

Comment

One more question (from my father, who is on the phone as I type):

Did Eddie of Iron Maiden have an influence on the creation of full-body Vic?

Thanks,
                            -Tyler Halcomb, Pennsylvania

Comment

Hello Dave,

I was curious to ask, what approach did you take to learning guitar when you first began, was there a formal introduction to music theory, or was it all about learning by ear or by watching other guitarists do their own thing? If you have any tips (for any guitar player- beginner, intermediate, or advance) they are always welcome. Thank you so much, god bless you and keep kicking ass!

~Celene

Comment

hey Dave what do u think about the career end of Scorpions and the maybe the end of AC/DC??

Comment

Working...
                                X