Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DiMarzio Crunch Lab review.

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
    I have tried all the PATBs in search of a FS killer. Also tried the Demon, Distortion, FS8, and Alt8...and the Dimarzio Steve's Special. Out of all of those I liked the PATB-3 the most...but it just didn't sound modern enough...too PAF-ish. Modern is what I like about the FS. That's the main reason I switched to Dimarzio. And the CL delivered. I highly recommend you try it.
    yeah, looks like Im gonna have to.. Getting a purple one to go in a black guitar.. : )
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by UberMetalDood View Post
      How is it compared to the DSonic?
      This thread seems to have come back again, so now I see your question.

The D-Sonic is similar, being that the CL is based off of it. However, the CL has more warmth and overall depth.

Comment

How does it compare to a Custom or Custom8....?

And is it too thick in mahogany....?

Comment

Originally posted by fowl2338 View Post

I have a Custom 8 in my other guitar. The Custom 8 has more pronounced mids and not as much bass, and not as much output.

I wouldn't know how it sounds in mahogany... haven't used it in a guitar that's made of that and don't own one.

Comment

Originally posted by fowl2338 View Post

Two questions I fully intend to answer. You see, my all mahogany washburn idol is in the shop right now getting a Crunchlab/Air Norton installation with triple shots. My favorite bridge humbucker at the moment is my Custom 8. I should have this guitar back soon and will post my review and clips. I've noticed there aren't a lot of players putting the crunchlab in mahogany lp type guitars so I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
              I have a Custom 8 in my other guitar. The Custom 8 has more pronounced mids and not as much bass, and not as much output.

I wouldn't know how it sounds in mahogany... haven't used it in a guitar that's made of that and don't own one.
              This is the best piece of info ever for this pup!! I loves me my C8s, and am fully aware of the nuances, so compare it to that and I can figure it out.. haha Thanks! So, similar but with more bottom and output.. sounds like fun..
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
                Two questions I fully intend to answer. You see, my all mahogany washburn idol is in the shop right now getting a Crunchlab/Air Norton installation with triple shots. My favorite bridge humbucker at the moment is my Custom 8. I should have this guitar back soon and will post my review and clips. I've noticed there aren't a lot of players putting the crunchlab in mahogany lp type guitars so I'm looking forward to hearing the results.
                me too!! I have the C8 in mahogany and alder and a couple of others, so really waiting on your observation!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

any day now I'm going to get the call. I'm hoping this Friday. I'll report back once I've had a chance to play, but probably won't record clips until end of next week.

Comment

Picking up the crunchlab loaded washburn idol tonight, woohoooooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oilpit View Post
                      I installed a CL/LF combo in my ash/maple superstrat over the weekend.
                      I started to think that that was an odd wood combo to use with the CL, until I noticed that the Petrucci Ernie Ball Guitar is Basswood!!
                      I'm guessing me putting it in my Alder Jackson Soloist is going to be more even tempered.
                      The only thing stopping me from putting my CL into the Jackson is a little beastie by the name of the Crazy8!! I'll have to see though.
                      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by franknfilms View Post
                        picking up the crunchlab loaded washburn idol tonight, woohoooooo!!!
                        wellllllllll??????????????

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I couldn't pick up the guitar last night because life happened to me, I'm going to get it tonight. I am hating every minute that I have to sit here and not play the crunchlab so I've just been looking up every soundclip of mahogany+crunchlab on the internet. Not a solid way to judge a pickup but a good way to kill time if you're jonesing for a crunchlab.

Peavey OCC + crunch lab
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Epi Les Paul + crunch lab
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ESP Viper + crunch lab

Reverend (korina) + crunch lab

Comment

Here it is https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=201996

Comment

Working...
                            X